make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday June 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Whats in a name........the rest of the story

Whats in a name........the rest of the story 13 Oct 2006 13:25 #1

• Kelly Case
  • Contributing Member
I am Writing this in regards to a recent letter published in Professional Farrier Magazine, titled “What’s in a name” as I am not a member of the AFA and I do not have an outlet like Professional Farrier Magazine, to get my side of the story out I have chosen to post this on any and all websites frequented by people in the equine community, so that they can see for themselves how the AFA and some of its members choose to conduct themselves while calling others unprofessional.

It appears that Mr. Reardon is only giving half of the story in regards to the name change of the AFA chapter here in Missouri. Mr. Reardon has stated several times that he and the members of his organization were disappointed in the unprofessional manner in which this situation was handled, as Mr. Reardon has chosen not to return my letters, or phone calls so that this could be settled in a rational adult like manner, I will provide the details, that he has conveniently omitted.

How it all started...........

After talking with and meeting several farriers in our area all of whom expressed an interest in having a local farrier organization, I decided to start one. I chose the name Missouri Farriers Association, it just seemed like an easy logical choice for a name.

In what I feel was a professional manner, I did a search of the internet to see if the domain name had been registered, it had not been registered, I purchased the domain name, at the same time I searched the Missouri Secretary of State website for the MOFA name it was not registered, again I took the opportunity to purchase and register the name.

It was at our third meeting that a new member asked me how we could use the name Missouri Farriers Association, as there was an AFA chapter already using that name within the state, I was given Mr. Reardons contact information from this member.

I promptly contacted Mr. Reardon by phone on the following Monday morning to make him aware of the situation and to see what could be worked out , the response I received from Mr. Reardon went as follows :” Well you are going to have one hell of a lawsuit on your hands from the AFA.” Mr Reardon stated that this was a chapter of the AFA and was set up in accordance with the AFA bylaws and that I would need to contact the AFA president Dave Ferguson.

I contacted Mr. Ferguson and explained the situation, Mr. Ferguson ’s first reaction was “It looks like our chapter will have to change its name” I explained to Mr. Ferguson as I had to Mr. Reardon that I was not looking for a confrontation and I felt that this situation could be handled with out the cost or time that a lawsuit would require. Mr Ferguson and I discussed the possibility of Mr. Reardon purchasing the MOFA name from our organization for the cost of the registration fee’s.

I heard nothing back from either Mr. Reardon or Mr. Ferguson for several months concerning the situation. I was then handed a copy of the Missouri Professional Farriers Newsletter in which Mr. Reardon stated, “We are all frustrated by the unprofessional manner in which this was undertaken” then Mr. Reardon goes on to state, “You can help by telling other farriers, clients, industry contacts and people interested in attending a horseshoeing school what has transpired and the manner in which it was done”

This brings us up too the current letter in the Sept/Oct issue of Professional Farrier Magazine, in which I am once again accused of having acted in an unprofessional manner. Upon reading the letter I contacted Mr. Matt Gilis the managing editor of the magazine, and explained the situation in detail, I then asked if Professional Farrier would run my side of the story if I provided the do***entation that I have, Mr Gillis stated that he was willing to do just that but he thought it would be better if I contacted Mr. Ferguson and Mr. Nolan first, I called both of them and left messages asking that they return my call, it has been a week now and I have heard nothing from either of them.

Now I really don’t care if Mr. Reardon and the AFA wants to say things about myself or about MOFA but I highly resent the fact that Mr. Reardon insists on dragging the name of our school into this situation, and continues too bad mouth the school, (which is run by an AFA CJF with 42 yrs of shoeing experience and a Masters degree in equine science with an emphasis on horseshoeing, ) I am and will consider this another attack by the AFA on the private school sector and as I told Mr. Ferguson in an earlier letter I will take whatever action is needed to protect the school. If anyone would like copies of the information (letters etc...) that I have pertaining to how this situation was handled please feel free to email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. And I will be happy to pass the information along.
The topic has been locked.

RE:Whats in a name........the rest of the story 13 Oct 2006 13:44 #2

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
  • Equestrian Centre Proprietor, Northumberland, UK
  • Thank you received: 2
So can I just be clear about the salient points...

- You chose a name to operate under that turned out to be the same as the organisation that represents professional farriers.

- You have no affiliation to that organisation

- When this was discovered you contacted the other organisation to tell them you'd also registered the name

- They weren't very pleased and have run a story saying as much in their professional journal

What's your problem????

RE:Whats in a name........the rest of the story 13 Oct 2006 14:57 #3

• Kelly Case
  • Contributing Member
Thomas_Ride&Drive What's your problem????

No problem just felt that the truth should be told.

RE:Whats in a name........the rest of the story 13 Oct 2006 15:21 #4

• T.N. Trosin
  • Very Senior Member
1. Guy that runs your school contantly harrased the AFA office durring the licensing thing (if that was you then you know it).
2. MoFA has been around for at least 10 years, You expect me to beleive that you live there and have never heard of them?

Kelly I don't know you so I cant say this was a total ignorance on your part. But I do find it hard to beleive.
Further you had outlets you chose not to use them, but thanks for stopping by with you half of the story.
Soliceter General Warning: This message may not have been spell checked for your protection
Just a piece of advice, think to yourself is this something I would say in front of a client, before your click the submit button.

RE:Whats in a name........the rest of the story 13 Oct 2006 15:30 #5

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
  • Equestrian Centre Proprietor, Northumberland, UK
  • Thank you received: 2
Kelly Case wrote:
Thomas_Ride&Drive What's your problem????

No problem just felt that the truth should be told.

Well heck in truth I think you've been incredibly naive but in all likelihood I believe duplicitous.

If I were you I'd have been too embarrassed to post on a forum to let others see how ****** I'd been.

RE:Whats in a name........the rest of the story 13 Oct 2006 15:40 #6

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Kelly Case wrote:
as I am not a member of the AFA and I do not have an outlet like Professional Farrier Magazine,

Why don't you start an assocation called the American Farrier's Assocation and a magazine called Professional Farrier then you'll have the outlet.
I have read you postings and herad of your reputation and have been positivly impressed. That's why I can not bleive, with your involvement with the AFA you didn't know there was a MoFA. Also knowing the bad blood between you and the AFA, this would be a great way to be a PITA to them.
If on the other hand if I am totatly wrong, it would be a chance for you to show your true colors an be gracious to your fellows who have had the name for so many years.
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Whats in a name........the rest of the story 13 Oct 2006 16:18 #7

Mr. Case,

I regret that the recent press of events resulted in a delay in your receriving a response to your telephone call to the office.

It is odd that Mr. Gillis has sought the approval of the AFA before running your letter, but did not suggest the same process for Ed Reardon.

Neither Mr. Ferguson nor I had any knowledge that Professional Farrier was going to run Mr. Reardon's letter. Mr. Ferguson has suggested to both of you that this is a matter between your two organizations, and not something to be resolved by the AFA.

However, since the Professional Farrier decided to run Mr. Reardon's letter, the AFA has an obligation to provide you with an opportunity to respond. If you wish to write a response, which factually presents the organization's position, it will be run in the next available issue of the Professional Farrier.

Mike Nolan

RE:Whats in a name........the rest of the story 13 Oct 2006 16:29 #8

Kelly Case wrote:
Now I really don’t care if Mr. Reardon and the AFA wants to say things about myself or about MOFA but I highly resent the fact that Mr. Reardon insists on dragging the name of our school into this situation, and continues too bad mouth the school, (which is run by an AFA CJF with 42 yrs of shoeing experience and a Masters degree in equine science with an emphasis on horseshoeing, ) I am and will consider this another attack by the AFA on the private school sector and as I told Mr. Ferguson in an earlier letter I will take whatever action is needed to protect the school. If anyone would like copies of the information (letters etc...) that I have pertaining to how this situation was handled please feel free to email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. And I will be happy to pass the information along.
Mr. Case,

Simply put you must be under the delusion that just because you want something to be true, it is. The AFA did not attack you. A member of the AFA wrote a letter to PF and that letter was published. You have the same opportunity to send a response to PF and it will be published. No matter how you try to twist it, even Mr. Ferguson supported your position that you own the name, the AFA has not attacked you or the school.

Now, write your letter to PF and stop whining. I and everyone else is tired of whiny little girls, posing as mature men, trying to start trouble where they is no trouble to be had.
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...

RE:Whats in a name........the rest of the story 13 Oct 2006 16:32 #9

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
<snip>
If I were you I'd have been too embarrassed to post on a forum to let others see how ****** I'd been.
This is the kind of remark that will get a thread shut down in a heart beat. Try to rein it in.

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:Whats in a name........the rest of the story 14 Oct 2006 14:44 #10

• wwhite1973
Originally posted by Thomas_Ride and Drive
- When this was discovered you contacted the other organisation to tell them you'd also registered the name

Originally posted by Kelley Case
Mr Ferguson and I discussed the possibility of Mr. Reardon purchasing the MOFA name from our organization for the cost of the registration fee’s.

I think this makes it clear that MOFA wasn't registered in the state of Missouri and since I beleive it operates as a non for profit organization, that means it violated Missouri law by not being registered, so there couldn't be an "also registered".

Originally posted by Bill Adams
If on the other hand if I am totatly wrong, it would be a chance for you to show your true colors an be gracious to your fellows who have had the name for so many years.
Bill

I beleive that is what he was doing when he offered to sell them the MOFA name for the cost of the registration which in my understanding should have all ready been done since it is a non for profit organization. They obviously refused the offer to keep the name and instead registered a new name, Missouri Professional Farriers Association, with the state of Missouri, at the same cost.

Wayne
AFA Member #10310 IRB Thoroughbred Licensed Blacksmith
Please! Don't steal. The government doesn't like the competition!

RE:Whats in a name........the rest of the story 14 Oct 2006 23:49 #11

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Mr. Case
I just reread the letter in the PF and found not name calling at all just an explantion on what happened and the new name.

That being said. What you did although legal was un ethical. You will never convince me (do to you affilation with the equine world as a school) that you did not know that the name was already being used by someone else.

If you did not you know that a phone call to the AFA would have shown other wise.

If you was any kind of a man you would go and undo what you have done at you own expense.

As far as this affecting your school of course it will negative as the word will get around of what you did and how under handed it was and how you professionalizm in handleing the situation was unethical and no horse shoer in his right mind would recommend you.

I know I won't.

Now stand up and be a man and go do the right thing. Fix the mistake you made at your own expense.

Gary
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:Whats in a name........the rest of the story 16 Oct 2006 05:18 #12

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Gary_Miller wrote:

As far as this affecting your school of course it will negative as the word will get around of what you did and how under handed it was and how you professionalizm in handleing the situation was unethical and no horse shoer in his right mind would recommend you.

Gary

I think the new assocation will be a haven for all of the downtroden who have been opressed by the evil AFA. Imagine, an association with some jerks in it.
Franky has to be in on this deal.
Bill

P.S. Don't bother with saying that an association that I'm in has at least one jerk as that,s too easy and goes without saying. They let me stay 'cuz I bring Ales.

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Whats in a name........the rest of the story 16 Oct 2006 05:33 #13

• T.N. Trosin
  • Very Senior Member
Bill Adams wrote:

P.S. Don't bother with saying that an association that I'm in has at least one jerk as that,s too easy and goes without saying. They let me stay 'cuz I bring Ales.

Yeah and we're taken another vote becuase you haven't been around latelly.
Soliceter General Warning: This message may not have been spell checked for your protection
Just a piece of advice, think to yourself is this something I would say in front of a client, before your click the submit button.

RE:Whats in a name........the rest of the story 16 Oct 2006 05:53 #14

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Put a fork in it. This is done.

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

Kunena Birthday Module

• AClement birthday is today
  • andreanelson birthday is today
  • dani_shoes78 birthday is today
  • Docbarhorse birthday is today
  • SherryinPA birthday is today
  • WeercerigD10C birthday is today
  • Mike Chaffin birthday is in 1 day
  • shelby820 birthday is in 1 day
  • hatcher barry birthday is in 2 days
  • cowgirlup birthday is in 364 days
  • gabear67E2 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.