make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 22, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ink & Anvil censorship controversy

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 04:36 #76

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
danverschild wrote:
Aha... You're right, I was looking at the excerpts quoted in this thread and not at the entire doc ument.

After a quick review, I'd say it's basically the same as the one that I originally drafted... major differences being that
(list deleted)

Danvers,

Was there a provision for a Project Manager in the original contract, or was editorial content subject to review and approval by the Publications Committee of the AFA or some such entity?

To your knowledge, did that entity ever request changes to/of the content and if so were reasons given?
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 04:44 #77

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Ms. Goodrich

To your knowledge, was there ever any actual 'censorship' of any kind of anything that to date has been published in the PF?

If so, please provide substantiation as well as the name of the Project Manager at the time the censorship occurred.

If not, your charge as stated in the title of this thread (Ink & Anvil was being censored by Mike Nolan)is nothing more than a scurilous, rumormongering attempt to discredit the AFA's Project Manager, Mike Nolan.

Should the facts prove otherwise, I will gladly issue you a public apology.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 05:01 #78

Rick Burten wrote:
(list deleted)

Danvers,

Was there a provision for a Project Manager in the original contract, or was editorial content subject to review and approval by the Publications Committee of the AFA or some such entity?
Yes there was a Project Manager. The original Project Manager we worked with was Pat Gallahan, who was succeeded by Rick Garrison. Rick later chose to share that role with Bryan Quinsey.
To your knowledge, did that entity ever request changes to/of the content and if so were reasons given?
No. More often than not, if there was something that seemed questionable or controversial, I contacted the Project Manager and we discussed it.

This does bring up a point that I think is germane. Prior to my service as Editor of Professional Farrier, I served on the Publications Committee. As a member of that committee, and later as editor of the publication, I repeatedly requested that the Publications Committee establish a Policies and Procedures manual. At one point, I even drafted such a manual and submitted it for review. Neither of the committee chairs felt that such a doc-ument was necessary, and it was never developed. Had such a docu-ment been developed and adopted, maybe this situation could have been avoided, although I doubt it :). In any case, as one who has both taught and attempted to practice Journalistic Ethics, I firmly believe that --no matter what side of the fence you're on--it's best to have written guidelines....
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
http://www.foxtailforge.com

“Watch what people are cynical about, and you will often discover what they lack." General George S. Patton Jr.

"Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than...

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 05:21 #79

Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
Journalism 101: An editorial is an opinion piece, it's not reportage.

In every form of media, public or private, editorial control is always vested in ownership or its designated hitters. For example, come hell or high water, the PRCA is not going to run an editorial in Rodeo Sports News that says the PBR's bulls are ranker, their riders are better hands, and Fords are better trucks than Dodges. That's the nature of the beast and has absolutely nothing to do with the Second Amendment, censorship, or dirty tactics - it has to do with whoever pays the piper calls the tune.

Editorial control does not imply lack of reportage: reportage is the objective recounting of who, what, when, where, why, and how.

When opinion is inserted into reportage, it's called "slanted news", which is a no-no in good journalism, but quite common in some media. Fox News and PBS come to mind.

Well said, Mr. Tom. I rarely find myself in an "amen choir," but I've found myself singing hymns with you since the UseNet.
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

“Watch what people are cynical about, and you will often discover what they lack." General George S. Patton Jr.

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 06:11 #80

danverschild wrote:
As a member of that committee, and later as editor of the publication, I repeatedly requested that the Publications Committee establish a Policies and Procedures manual. At one point, I even drafted such a manual and submitted it for review. Neither of the committee chairs felt that such a doc-ument was necessary, and it was never developed. .... In any case, as one who has both taught and attempted to practice Journalistic Ethics, I firmly believe that --no matter what side of the fence you're on--it's best to have written guidelines....
Danvers,

Do you still have a copy of the manual that you produced?
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 06:14 #81

Hi all,

I really am completely confused about everything going on in the AFA at this time...

I want to say that I personally have no bones to pick with Rick or Ron and want them to have sucessful campaigns for office.. If that sounded like an endorsement for Ron, well I can't go there but Hey would you want your better half to be VP... I'll never get that cell phone dislodged from his head.
OF course I do believe that if elected RT would be an awesome VP!

I feel that a lot has been happening and we members DO NOT KNOW WHAT THAT IS!

I spoke with Ron and I agreed to give him 24 hours to get more information on this subject matter. I want to state clearly I am not trying to harm but I do want to be informed CORRECTLY...

I also have to be fair, I personally DO NOT care for Mike Nolan's style of dealing with me as an AFA member... Ya'll of course are allowed your thoughts as well...

I am exhausted and do not know how anyone can blog all the time, thanks for the forum.. good night, and good news I hope comes for tomorrow... Oh yes Rick I really am a huge Pollyanna, we can all get along...

Bunny

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 06:52 #82

Ronald E. Kramedjian wrote:
Danvers,

Do you still have a copy of the manual that you produced?

Probably on an old computer or storage device around here somewhere....
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 06:54 #83

TRUTH SEEKER wrote:
Hi all,

I really am completely confused about everything going on in the AFA at this time...

Bunny

aww... Bunny. Had you only started your evening's conversation with this statement rather than ending with it....
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 10:25 #84

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
Rick Burten wrote:
Money well spent as time will prove. Besides I promised you a roller coaster ride didn't I?
Oh yeah!!!!!

There has been and will not be any censorship.
Oh, maybe I am mistaken.

Now that you're a member again, can we count on you for article submissions? Perhaps we could even find a page that was called "The Jaminson's Corner". :)
I would submitt an article, but as seen in the past, with those who have no credentials, the article would be laid by the side. Not worthy of publication because the lack thereof a notarizied piece of paper.

If by chance an opine would reach the colorful pages of PF I would have to call it "Realm of the Leprochaun" ,i.e. because in a lot of cir***stances with cripples ya just get "Lucky".:)

Quote:
Fortunately, the Board confirmed its loyalty to the AFA and ignored your bullying.

In this instance, it was about protecting the interests of the AFA at large, from a vendor who was overstepping its bounds.
Quote:
there will be no postage payment, and could be legal action should you not to have the editorial copy approved before attempting to send out an issue of the magazine

Its not about capitalism and liberty, its about adhering to the agreed upon constraints and performance requirements of the contract.

I feel I must repeat, there has been no censorship
Ok, if you say. But if the "unwashed" submitt articles and none reach the colorful pages because of the lack of credential(s), is that a form thereof? Excluding grammatical and syntax errors.

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 12:37 #85

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
WOW!

I go away for 24 hours and miss all the fun.

Since Bunny brought up the fact that I posted the email she sent me about the LA task force, please allow me to show you where her email proved my conclusions regarding LEADERSHIP in the face of chaos:

From my post on 10-1-06:
However when faced with the chaos of a large quantity of horses brought together by a natural disaster, there is only so much work that a few talented individuals can do. In that situation, the skills that were needed were not there. Neither of them has any experience dealing with the level of chaos brought to bear in that situation. These guys were in over their heads, and they didn't know it.

From the Bunny's email about RT and Dick's leadership:
I approached Dick after the meeting and told him that I wanted to help; at this time Dick and LSU were still unsure of the number of horses needing assistance, but he promised to call as soon as he knew the quantity and type of aid needed. When I got back to California I told my wife and the group of farriers that work with me that we might be asked to lend a hand and without question they all asked to go along if and when we got the call.

The call came, but not from Dick. Ron Kramedjian from Tennessee phoned and said that he had been appointed Chair of a new task force for the Louisiana horse rescue efforts.
Please note that neither Dick, RT, or Fergie approached the AFA leadership about forming an AFA task force. All three were present at the mid year meeting. Ron K. was not at the mid year meeting. Yet he was the one who contacted the AFA leadership directly and asked for official AFA involvement. He was also the one that kept on top of the all the details and the logistics planning.

Here is the logistics planning accomplished by RT:
I was still awaiting Dick's call; when that came we started buying airline tickets.
The first rule of being a good farrier is SHOWING UP. But showing up without any tools and supplies? What was the plan?
One thing that holds true at every horseshoeing event that I have attended is support from our suppliers. All we have to do is ask and they come through for us. At one end of the barn was a stack of materials waiting for us.
All "WE" have to do is ask? It was Ron K. that did the asking, and the followup, and cut through all of the bureaucracy with the suppliers in order to make sure that these supplies arrived in time for the task force to use them. It was Ron K. that kept track of the number of horses, on a daily basis, and thus determined how many volunteers to send and how many to hold in reserve. Otherwise, way too many farriers would have arrived in LA, thus placing a huge strain on housing and food resources for the volunteers.

These details seemed to escape RT's recollection of the events. Which again proves my point: These guys were in over their heads, and they didn't know it.

I would like to thank Bunny for supplying me with complete affirmation of my assertions regarding Ron's leadership and management skills.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 12:51 #86

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
danverschild wrote:
Yes there was a Project Manager. The original Project Manager we worked with was Pat Gallahan, who was succeeded by Rick Garrison. Rick later chose to share that role with Bryan Quinsey.

No. More often than not, if there was something that seemed questionable or controversial, I contacted the Project Manager and we discussed it.
Thanks, Danvers.
This does bring up a point that I think is germane. Prior to my service as Editor of Professional Farrier, I served on the Publications Committee. As a member of that committee, and later as editor of the publication, I repeatedly requested that the Publications Committee establish a Policies and Procedures manual.
A very good and wise idea.
At one point, I even drafted such a manual and submitted it for review.
Do you perhaps, still have a copy of that draft? If so, I'd like to see it if you are willing to share it with me.
Neither of the committee chairs felt that such a doc-ument was necessary,
Highlighting once again the problem with amatuers, well meaning though they might be, trying to run a corporation.
and it was never developed.
Pity.
Had such a docu-ment been developed and adopted, maybe this situation could have been avoided, although I doubt it.
Perhaps not, but it would have gone a long ways towards mitigating the conflict.

I do note however that the current contract, in Paragraph 26, provides a mechanism for dispute resolution. It is unclear whether this procedure was followed either in full or in part. It appears that a call to the office is in order.
In any case, as one who has both taught and attempted to practice Journalistic Ethics, I firmly believe that --no matter what side of the fence you're on--it's best to have written guidelines....
AMEN!!
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 13:09 #87

First of all, on this site, there seems to be an epidemic of over inflated sense of self-importance. You all try to sound more like lawyers than shoers.
Even the so-called owner of this site , who at fiirst was going to can the discussion then waffled and decided to not take his toys and go home. This thread nor site (the battlefield he spoke of) is not for his personal amusement. When things go his way, which is usually antagonistic as proven by his allowing and even egging participants on with this discussion, everything is hunky dorey but the threat of closing a discussion is ever present. That is censorship.
I wonder if Mr. Perry has ever sent anything to the magazine because I have read several articles from non-credentialed and non-AFA members.
From what I read of the Katrina ordeal, Mr. Kramedjian and all of his two years of experience proved he was neither a leader nor farrier and certainly not a leader of farriers.
This is not about legal-eeze. It's about the AFA. The organization will never go forward if it continues to chew people up and spit them out. The road is littered with America's most talented farriers, discarded by the AFA, deemed no longer useful. Dick Becker, Phil Fisher, Randy Luikhart, Dave Duckett, and Mitch Taylor all come to mind.
Mr. Davidson's temperment aside, he assumed all the risk, financial, emotional and his reputation to provide the membership with a very high quality magazine. And now it looks like he too will join the list of those discarded.

It's disturbing to me that so many identify Mike Nolan as being the representative of the AFA when it actually belongs to the members.

Rick, go back to the beginning of this post. Do you think it's acceptable to give unilateral control to the ACTING Executive Director because of what two dues-paying members wrote? Have you even read those letters? Do you think it would be appropriate to withhold those opinions from the membership?
Do you think it's appropiate to prevent censorship as soon as it rears it's ugly head or should it be allowed then dealt with later. It's clear that Ink and Anvil stood on principle regarding the issue of protecting the member's voice and forwarding the mission of the AFA (read what the mission statement is, because you have been long winded in distracting us from that.)
Has the administration been doing that? No, they have been doing damage control because they have been doing damage to the AFA.
Regardles of the outcome, this is another huge blemish to the organization and I for one am discouraged that it can recover.
Don Richardson

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 14:54 #88

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
sweetbranchforge wrote:
<snip>
Even the so-called owner of this site , who at fiirst was going to can the discussion then waffled and decided to not take his toys and go home.<snip>
This is rich. I have to tell you, Sweetbranch, you've provided the participants of these Forums the best laugh they've had in a long time. Probably needed, considering the subject matter being discussed. Here you are, after, how many, 5 posts in these Forums, making accusations about me. I'm having a hard time typing I'm laughing so hard. Me, waffle? 10 years I've been running this site, and I'd advise you to do a bit of research before accusing me of waffling. I've been called a lot of things, but a waffler isn't one of them. There was no waffling in my post. I put it out as plain as day - either the poster revealed their identity, or the thread was history. Simple as that. There are rules in these Forums, and my job is to enforce them. Admittedly, there is no specific rule that one must use their real name, but over the years the "unspoken" rule has become that if you want credibility on these Forums, you at least end your posts with your real name. Particularly if you're bringing up controversial material. As the final arbitor of what appears here, I made the judgement call that due to the very "highly charged" nature of the material, the posted had to reveal their identity. That's waffling, huh? If the poster hadn't done so, and I let the thread continue, that would've been waffling. And those people who've been on these Forums for years will tell you, I don't waffle. Ever.
This thread nor site (the battlefield he spoke of) is not for his personal amusement.
And where did you get the really strange idea that I thought it was? Just letting a thread such as this one continue, exposes me to tremedous pressure and criticism from some quarters. I could make my life a lot easier by removing the Political Forums completely. You really have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
When things go his way, which is usually antagonistic as proven by his allowing and even egging participants on with this discussion, everything is hunky dorey but the threat of closing a discussion is ever present. That is censorship.
"My way?" You're once again revealing your total ignorance concerning my stewardship of these Forums. I don't have a "way." I simply strive to maintain order in what can at times be a chaotic environment. I never realized that allowing participants to post, and even encouraging them to do so, was censorship. Hmmmmm... You must have a dictionary that I don't have access to. In 10 years, and hundreds of thousands of posts, I've removed less than 10 posts for "stepping over the line." Yessiree, that sounds like heavy handed censorship to me.

I suggest you stick to the issues of the thread, and not how I moderate these Forums. In that regard, no matter which side of the debate the participants are on, you'll find you're a majority of "one" in your views of how I handle these Forums.

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:Ink &amp; Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 15:28 #89

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Maybe I should start a new thread titled "Sucking Up to the So Called Owner", his lack of walffing kept the thread going, as Bunny had the fortutide to identify herself we must note that sweetpants forge hasen't.
Thanks again Baron,
Bill

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Ink &amp; Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 15:41 #90

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
sweetbranchforge wrote:
First of all, on this site, there seems to be an epidemic of over inflated sense of self-importance. You all try to sound more like lawyers than shoers.
Whatever we are, at least we are not so cowardly as to hide behind a nom d'plume. By the way, it appears from comments you have made that you are a member of the AFA. If so, then a cursory perusal of the membership list does not identify any member who lives in Liberty Center, OH. Care to comment?
Even the so-called owner of this site
"So called owner"???? Don't you really mean, defacto, verifiable and absolute
owner of this site?
, who at fiirst was going to can the discussion then waffled and decided to not take his toys and go home.
GONG!! Wrong. Baron clearly stated that unless a certain individual who was posting under a nom d'plume, identified him/herself, the thread would be removed. In response, said individual indentified herself as Bunny Goodrich. Thus, she fulfilled the mandate and no action on Baron's part was necessary. So, your charge of 'waffling' is proven wrong, your mendacity exposed, and your credibility plunges below zero where it had previously hovered.
This thread nor site (the battlefield he spoke of) is not for his personal amusement.
Really? How have you arrived at this astonishing conclusion?

As I am wont to say, you are hoist by your own petard.
When things go his way, which is usually antagonistic as proven by his allowing and even egging participants on with this discussion, everything is hunky dorey but the threat of closing a discussion is ever present.
A wag might opine "His sandbox, his rules"
That is censorship.
Nope it sure ain't. If you can produce even one instance where Baron has acted inappropriately or outside the boundaries of his responsibilities as both Owner and Moderator of this site, then I will stand shoulder to shoulder with you and pillory Baron without regard for his personal or professional wellbeing.
From what I read of the Katrina ordeal, Mr. Kramedjian and all of his two years of experience proved he was neither a leader nor farrier and certainly not a leader of farriers.
This is a slanderous accusation and one worthy of utmost contempt. The facts have repeatedly shown the opposite of what you allege. Doubt me? Try reading Tom Bloomer's reply to Ms. Goodrich. And, while you are at it, use all of your apparently limited intellectual capacity, to read for content in context.
This is not about legal-eeze. It's about the AFA.
Wrong again. Its about fulfilling the legal obligations as provided in the Publishing Contract. And in that respect it is about the AFA and the leadership's responsibility to fulfill their fiduciary obligations to the membership.

I again reiterate that this is about a vendor under contract to the AFA. Take the personalities out and deal with that and that alone.
The organization will never go forward if it continues to chew people up and spit them out.
Unfortunately, at this time, that seems to be the nature of the beast.
Mr. Davidson's temperment aside, he assumed all the risk, financial, emotional and his reputation to provide the membership with a very high quality magazine. And now it looks like he too will join the list of those discarded.
Perhaps you can show me where someone held a gun to Mr. Davidson's head and forced him, under the penalty of death or other dire consequence, to travel the path he chose. And, we cannot cast aside Mr. Davidson's temperment. It is that temperment that placed him in a quagmire of his own making with apparently no one willing to pass him a rescue line.
It's disturbing to me that so many identify Mike Nolan as being the representative of the AFA when it actually belongs to the members.
Are you perhaps a card carrying member of the Doofi Nation? For better or worse the membership identifies its elected officers and for some, the members of the AFT, as the representatives of the AFA.
Rick, go back to the beginning of this post. Do you think it's acceptable to give unilateral control to the ACTING Executive Director because of what two dues-paying members wrote?
Excuse me, the Acting ED was appointed Project Manager with the full approval of the Executive Committee. And it had nothing to do with what two members wrote. Further, under the articles of the Publishing Contract, the Project Manager was acting completely within his jurisdiction. Again, no censorship occurred, nor has any censorship ever occurred.

Doubt me? Then read,for content in context, Danver's precise reply to me on this issue dating back to when he was Editor of PF. Still doubt me? Then do your due dilligence and provide me of even one instance where there was censorship enacted.
quote] Have you even read those letters?[/quote]
Several times.
Do you think it would be appropriate to withhold those opinions from the membership?
Nope. But what was being asked for was that before those letters were published, the accused be given an opportunity to respond so that both sides of the issue would be presented at the same time. Not such an unreasonable request(or if you like, demand), is it?

And it is noteworthy that Mr. Ferguson was given an opportunity to respond to the Duckett letter prior to publication, and when he did not avail himself of that opportunity, the letter was published. Hardly a shining(or tarnished as the case may be) example of censorship don't you agree?
Do you think it's appropiate to prevent censorship as soon as it rears it's ugly head or should it be allowed then dealt with later.
Should censorship, in your words, 'rear its ugly head'. then it should immediately dealt with. In this case, nothing of the sort happened. What did happen is that apparently Mr. Davidson got his undies all twisted up over the idea that the AFA was going to exercise its contractual rights with regard to publication of the PF magazine. Rather than approach this as a businessman, apparently Mr. Davidson let his emotions rule the day, and as a result, now finds himself and his vendor company in a rather precarious position, with little support or approval. If Mr. Davidson is counting on the membership of the AFA to back him during his temper tantrum and fit of pique, then I beleive he is laboring under a false hope and I would counsel him(were I to be asked) to grow up, act like a businessman and fulfil his contractual obligations without being a female cat. If he then wants to take his case, as an AFA member, to the membership so be it. Thus far, we, members and non-members alike, have not heard one word from Mr. Davidson. Only from his what appear to be, his talking heads. The AFA on the other hand, has responded publicly, within the constraints placed on them by their legal counsel, directly and succinctly.
It's clear that Ink and Anvil stood on principle regarding the issue of protecting the member's voice and forwarding the mission of the AFA [/quote
Bullsh-i-t. This is about Mr. Davidson's ego and his unwillingness and apparant inability to fulfil his contractual obligations. Again, take the personalities out of it and what you are left with is a contractor(the AFA) and one of its vendors(Ink & Anvil) being in disagreement over the vendor complying with the signed terms of their written contract. And its not Ink & Anvil standing on any principles, rather it is Mr. Davidson who has taken personal affront and the temerity of the entity (the AFA) to require him to perform according to what was agreed to in the contract between the two.
(read what the mission statement is, because you have been long winded in distracting us from that.)
I have distracted no one from anything. Ms Goodrich made a very serious accusation and then attempted to substantiate it with misinformation, half(if that)truths and personal character assassination. Said character assassination being contemptable. Much the same as your contemptable attempt to do the same to Mr. Kramedjian and Mr Tayler. Contemptable, scurilous, and ill-advised.
Has the administration been doing that? No, they have been doing damage control because they have been doing damage to the AFA.
While you and I may be in agreement that certain elected individuals within the current administration have done damage to the AFA, in this instance, the only one damaging the AFA is Mr. Davidson(of course, that's JMNTBCHO) and if he, as he has in the past claimed, "loves the AFA" and "When cut, bleeds, AFA", then he would not be engaging in the actions he currently is undertaking. So, if you(whom ever you are)or anyone else, want to make this personal, I suggest you start with Mr. Davidson and his un-businesslike and un-professional behavior.
Regardles of the outcome, this is another huge blemish to the organization and I for one am discouraged that it can recover.
O yea of little faith. this is not a huge blemish on anyone but Mr. Davidson. And quite frankly, I don't give a rat's patootie who publishes the PF, just so long as I continue to receive it as promised as a member benefit. And I think you'll find that when you cut through all the BS, the rest of the membership feels the same way. Mr. Davidson may be a legend in his own mind, but that means little to nothing with regard to the membership receiving a benefit it was promised. Put up or shut up seems to be an appropriate adage right here.
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

Kunena Birthday Module

• ShirleyJ birthday is today
  • Soundhooves birthday is today
  • Blackzmith birthday is in 1 day
  • Lisapony birthday is in 1 day
  • Mike Langhof birthday is in 1 day
  • filmbak62F7 birthday is in 363 days
  • ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is in 364 days
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.