make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 22, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ink & Anvil censorship controversy

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 00:49 #31

Rick are you drinking the cool aid? Does not sound like the same ole Rick before politics. Kind of different when you get involved in the politics huh?
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 00:53 #32

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Journalism 101: An editorial is an opinion piece, it's not reportage.

In every form of media, public or private, editorial control is always vested in ownership or its designated hitters. For example, come hell or high water, the PRCA is not going to run an editorial in Rodeo Sports News that says the PBR's bulls are ranker, their riders are better hands, and Fords are better trucks than Dodges. That's the nature of the beast and has absolutely nothing to do with the Second Amendment, censorship, or dirty tactics - it has to do with whoever pays the piper calls the tune.

Editorial control does not imply lack of reportage: reportage is the objective recounting of who, what, when, where, why, and how.

When opinion is inserted into reportage, it's called "slanted news", which is a no-no in good journalism, but quite common in some media. Fox News and PBS come to mind.
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 00:58 #33

Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
Journalism 101: An editorial is an opinion piece, it's not reportage.

In every form of media, public or private, editorial control is always vested in ownership or its designated hitters. For example, come hell or high water, the PRCA is not going to run an editorial in Rodeo Sports News that says the PBR's bulls are ranker, their riders are better hands, and Fords are better trucks than Dodges. That's the nature of the beast and has absolutely nothing to do with the Second Amendment, censorship, or dirty tactics - it has to do with whoever pays the piper calls the tune.

Editorial control does not imply lack of reportage: reportage is the objective recounting of who, what, when, where, why, and how.

When opinion is inserted into reportage, it's called "slanted news", which is a no-no in good journalism, but quite common in some media. Fox News and PBS come to mind.

You forgot CNN. Clinton Network News.

At least FOX says they report you decide. :)
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 01:00 #34

I have a question, who pays Ink and anvil? I am currently under the impression that it does not cost the AFA a dime. Is this true? More questions based on reply.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 01:00 #35

Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
whoever pays the piper calls the tune.

And in this case it's the AFA membership that pays the piper. Where do those letters the office didn't like come from?

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 01:06 #36

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Phil Armitage wrote:
Rick are you drinking the cool aid? Does not sound like the same ole Rick before politics. Kind of different when you get involved in the politics huh?
Phil,
My running for office has nothing to do with this. It has to do with honesty and integrity. The same principles that have guided me all along, regardless of the issue or personalities involved.

If it should come to pass that the leadership of the AFA has engaged in improprieties then you will find me leading from the front , not the rear, in calling for heads to roll

My only concern is for the AFA, not the personalities involved, just as it has always been. And Phil, I think that if you will go back and read any of what I posted with regard to AFA issues, you will find this to be the truth, and your accusations directed at me are unwarranted, unfounded, and wrong. You yet again, owe me any apology.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 01:10 #37

Rick Burten wrote:
Phil,
My running for office has nothing to do with this. It has to do with honesty and integrity. The same principles that have guided me all along, regardless of the issue or personalities involved.

If it should come to pass that the leadership of the AFA has engaged in improprieties then you will find me leading from the front , not the rear, in calling for heads to roll

My only concern is for the AFA, not the personalities involved, just as it has always been. And Phil, I think that if you will go back and read any of what I posted with regard to AFA issues, you will find this to be the truth, and your accusations directed at me are unwarranted, unfounded, and wrong. You yet again, owe me any apology.

Spoken like a true politician Rick. Good for you. I did not accuse you of anything I asked you a question. Do I have to apologize for asking you a question?
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 01:19 #38

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
No, Phil, you made a direct accusation. To wit:"Does not sound like the same ole Rick before politics.

Then you twice sought to damn me with innuendo.

To wit: "Rick are you drinking the cool aid?" and
" Kind of different when you get involved in the politics huh?"

Of which, each charge is spurious and smacks of mendacity on your part.

You still owe me an apology.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 01:27 #39

Rick Burten wrote:
No, Phil, you made a direct accusation. To wit:"Does not sound like the same ole Rick before politics.

Then you twice sought to damn me with innuendo.

To wit: "Rick are you drinking the cool aid?" and
" Kind of different when you get involved in the politics huh?"

Of which, each charge is spurious and smacks of mendacity on your part.

You still owe me an apology.

Well you do not sound like the same ole Rick. In the past you would have thrown it right back with accusations and innuendos. I miss the ole Rick. Not apologizeing.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 01:35 #40

TRUTH SEEKER wrote:
Mr. Blombach,

If things are not being kept from the members than why is what I posted all very new information to those reading my posts??

Thanks for you time to answer this question.
Bunny Goodrich

Bunny,

With the exception of your e-mail the others were all private e-mails and not for public view although there is nothing in them that is secret and being kept from anyone who asks. The EC isn't trying to hide anything and I would hope you feel comfort some with that knowledge.

All meetings, conference calls and business discussed and or voted on is recorded in the minutes and Is available to any member who asks. We are not a secret society but an Association of farriers whose elected officers are making informed decisions on matters critical to the future of the Association.

To that end, everyones input is not only welcome, but encouraged.

Please accept my sincere respect and congratulations to your husband R.T. on his candidacy.

Also my sincere congratulations to Ron and Rick - I admire their courage and wish them the best of luck.

You or have my permission to post e-mails that are addressed or copied to me. I have no secrets.

God bless you all. God bless the AFA. God bless America!

John Blombach
"The work will teach you how to do it"

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 01:35 #41

I do believe that the people in charge of the AFA at this current time are VERY MUCH KEEPING THINGS HIDDEN!! Perhaps I should have grasped a complete understanding of the definitoin of censorship... But when Mr. Nolan (an employee paid, by us the AFA.) Tells I&A Mr. Davidson,

It has come to my attention that you have once again published unsuitable material in the AFA’s Professional Farrier magazine, specifically the “Letters to the Editor” from Lee Hop and Bruce Worman. While members have every right to send their views to the magazine, you as Publisher have a responsibility to determine that the facts are complete and accurate and that the officers, directors, or staff have an opportunity to respond in the same issue to any letter which contains information critical of the Association and/or its leadership. IT IS CENSORSHIP ... TO US THE MEMBERS...

I believe this whole issue was spwaned by Mr. Ferguson, he was offended by Mr. Duckett's letter written during Mr. Ferguson's campaign.

But Mr. Ferguson, whom I spoke to extensively about this issue for almost a year now was angry with PF but they did nothing wrong!!

Dave:
I received a letter to the editor that will run in the Nov/Dec issue. This letter questions your involvement in the Pennsylvania Veterinary Practice Act. You had stated in your Presidential platform that was published in the July/Aug issue of the Professional Farrier
as follows;

"I later took on the task of chairing an ad-hoc
committee that removed the practice of farriery
from the veterinary practice act in Pennsylvania"

The policy here at the Professional Farrier office is to publish both sides for our readers to examine. This especially because it is your presidential platform that was presented and the subject matter is a particular interest to our readers. This is a golden opportunity for you to expand upon your achievements on this subject and present a clear picture.

We are fast approaching our deadline so please respond immediately and we will print your response in the next issue.
~Scott
Scott Davidson, CJF
CEO, Ink & Anvil Inc.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
866-465-0511

Well Scott,

Seeing as Emil Carre appointed me, that may be a little difficult to question, furthermore it would be prudent to show me a copy so that I may respond. This was also under the preview of the liaison com which I took over after R Luikhart, as you may remember, sounds like all the right ingredients for egg on someone else's face to me!
You know after your keen interest in the California Case, which by the way has been dismissed with some considerable effort on my part, that you are becoming a dirt hunter. Careful what we wish for! Certainly not creating an welcome advertising venue.

Dave

Dave:
I am suprised at your response to my request; as I had stated that the position of the Pro Farrier magazine is to be neutral and inform the readers with the facts. We are also providing for you the opportunity to take credit for your accomplishments. Removing the practice of farriery from the veterinary practice act in Pennsylvania is a tremendous achievement and is also an interest to farriers nationwide.
The letter to the editor only concerns you in this one statement. Since you are running for president of the most influential group of farriers in the world I thought you would take advantage of this situation and explain how you removed farriery from the PA practice act.
This should be simple request as we are only asking for you to respond to your claims so the readers can be enlightened. If you think that "it sounds like all the right ingredients for egg on someone else's face,,, " to you, well hell lets have it then and let them know. But please focus on your work on the PA vet law and not on any other issue like the California case etc.
I have read your email over and over and cannot figure it out as a lot of it does not apply to the PA vet law. I'm hoping that you are not threatening me when you say that I should be careful of what I ask for and I'm not creating a welcome advertising venue. These are serious comments for you to make and I would like to know what you mean and not leave this to speculation.
Lastly, I am trying to do my job by giving you the opportunity to excel with your run for president and at the same time inform the membership/readers. When placed in this situation, the Pro Farrier can only take a neutral position on this by giving you the opportunity to respond.
It is now up to you and as a reminder the cut off date is fast approaching before going to print. Please let us have your accounting of the PA vet law ASAP so that we can get it in the next issue.

~Scott

I have an extremely strong desire to not ruin anyones character and I believe we can let out all of this information and still work together to better our group. I really like all the farriers that I come in contact with...this includes Dave, I just do not know what we are doing what the goals of our group are, and Dave has not given us any info for quite some time now.

I know we all have idiosyncrasies that may make us difficult, at times, to work with, but Mr. Nolan is not a farrier, he's not one of us, Scott Davidson's one of us... Dave Fergusons is one of us, Ron and Rick and every farrier, AFA member or not is one of us!!

I really cannot believe the amount of descrution our acting ED is causing. He stated he does not do sponsorships, he does not do news letters, He does not do trade shows, and he was put in a position to be a thorn in the side of our magazines publisher... He applied twice for the job he's now in and was not chosen...

In my opinion if he left perhaps this could be the first step to us reunifying.. Thanks Bunny Goodrich

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 01:47 #42

Mr. Blombach

I agree God bless us, and God Bless you as well..

My question is simple, how could anyone ask questions about the day to day goings on if we are not told the truth. I believe if needed I could acquire a copy of the letter that Mr. Nolan wrote and told Greg Burdette to sign(THAT IS A VERY FREAKY FORM OF CENSORSHIP!). How would we know what to ask??

How come I was not emailed that Mr. Nolan was the new project mgr. for PF??

Although Rick Garrison was the PF project mgr. and he had asked to be replaced he was willing to wait for an acceptable to all, replacement. I understand he was suprised by his removal and replacement by the acting ED.

I truly cannot see how my EC thought putting a gentleman in charge of Mr. Davidson whom clearly did not respect Mr. Davidson's publishing ability was a good move. I wanted to know this before it happened! BUT HOW?

I really want you and Dave to have a good go at this stuff, what can I do to help? What do the members need to ask because You are right it's not really fair of me to post emails... but it is my last grab at trying to get things to the members. WE ARE ALL IN THE DARK PLEASE SHINE A LIGHT FOR US!!

Thanks again, Bunny Goodrich

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 01:52 #43

Just trying to figure out where everyone is comeing from.

Page 2 of the PF states the PF is the official publication of the AFA. It does not mention anywhere that it is owned by the AFA. The PF is a product of Ink and Anvil and many volenteers. All costs are covered by advertisers and mailing cost covered by members. The AFA does not pay a dime for this publication.

Mike Nolan in his letter to Mr. Davidson states the AFA ownes the PF and accuses Mr. Davidson that he once again published unsuitable material in the AFA’s Professional Farrier magazine

It states in the Magazine that the AFA Publication Committee Editorial Review board members reads each manuscript for its merit, validity and contribution to the profession. Approval for inclusion does not, however, constitute approval - by the review board, by the AFA or by the professional farrier staff - concerning specific techniques, information, ideas or viewpoints expressed or forwarded within those materials.

How could Mr. Davidson Publish anything without the manuscripts being reviewd first? Is he publishing the finished product and filling the order before the Editorial Review board does it job?
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 01:56 #44

Phantom Farrier wrote:
Bunny,

With the exception of your e-mail the others were all private e-mails and not for public view although there is nothing in them that is secret and being kept from anyone who asks. The EC isn't trying to hide anything and I would hope you feel comfort some with that knowledge.

All meetings, conference calls and business discussed and or voted on is recorded in the minutes and Is available to any member who asks. We are not a secret society but an Association of farriers whose elected officers are making informed decisions on matters critical to the future of the Association.

To that end, everyones input is not only welcome, but encouraged.

Please accept my sincere respect and congratulations to your husband R.T. on his candidacy.

Also my sincere congratulations to Ron and Rick - I admire their courage and wish them the best of luck.

You or have my permission to post e-mails that are addressed or copied to me. I have no secrets.

God bless you all. God bless the AFA. God bless America!

John Blombach

Now that's the John I remember. Good on ya John.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:Ink & Anvil censorship controversy 12 Oct 2006 02:03 #45

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Phil Armitage wrote:
Well you do not sound like the same ole Rick. In the past you would have thrown it right back with accusations and innuendos. I miss the ole Rick. Not apologizeing.
What is there to throw back. Take the personalities out of it. I&A is a vendor contracted by the AFA to publish a magazine that is wholely owned by the AFA. The publisher entered into a contractual agreement that spelled out how the magazine is to be published and any obligations and penalties that are incurred under a variety of cir***stances. The publisher has stated, in so many words, that he intends to breech the contract. Therefore, it is imperative that the AFA be pro-active in seeking both a new vendor and seeking immediate legal redress.
I do not find any reason to involve any opersonalities in this issue. Cutting through all the BS, this is simply a business matter between the AFA(us) and a vendor. Plain and simple.

The only thing that should concern the AFA membership is that they receive their membership benefit(the PF magazine) in a timely and regular fashion as provided for in the membership benefits package.

Phil, if it makes you feel better, I'll say this. The publisher is not acting in the best interests of the AFA. He has let his personal grievances and distaste for certain officers and staff, cloud what I would hope is his better judgement. IMNTBCHO, Mr. Davidson has made this personal, when it should be, business. Shame on him. Remember, I&A is a vendor and vendors get hired and fired all the time. Its a business decision and absent evidence to the contrary, should be no big deal.

And, while I'm about it, Ms. Goodrich has shown her true colors and where her true allegience lies(in all senses of the word). And it ain't with the AFA. Her sorry excuse for coming amongst us with a nom d'plume' and only revealing her true identity under threat of her accusations and propoganda being removed, should speak loudly and clearly as to whether anyone should take anything she says or posts with more than than a grain of salt.

If her husband has something to say, let him say it. Or, should it come to pass that he is elected VP of the AFA, should we just expect his personal spinmeister, his wife, to speak for him? That the kind of officer you want making decisions for you? Quite "Hillaryesque" don't you think?
PhilArmitage wrote:
I have a question, who pays Ink and anvil? I am currently under the impression that it does not cost the AFA a dime. Is this true?
Let me quote from the Publishing Agreement.

Paragraph 8: "............CLIENT will pay for all postage and any increase in postal rates and/or costs associated with postal regulations.

Paragraph 9: "PUBLISHER or its assigned agent will deliver printed materials to a maling house mutually agreeable to the parties........"

Paragraph 16: "PUBLISHER acknowledges that, unless otherwise agreed upon, all editorial copy and photographs produced for the publication by PUBLISHER will be produced on behalf of CLIENT, and become property of CLIENT."

Paragraph 18. "CLIENT recognizes that PUBLISHER's sole source of revenue from this venture is advertising, therefore PUBLISHER will sell all advertising in the CLIENT'S magazine(s), directory, directories and specialty publications, and will retain 100% of the revenue generated as a result of advertising sales. CLIENT will not be responsible for any advertising costs unless CLI"ENT elects not to accept andy advertisement obtained in good faith by PUBLISHER, believed acceptable to CLIENT, other than a direct competitor's advertisement, then the full cost of the lost advertising revenue will be paid to PUBLISHER by CLIENT. PUBLISHER will not collect ad revenue generated by the AFA through AFA ventures where Ink & Anvil is not involved in production or marketing, including but not limited to the AFA website and in-house newsletters"

Paragraph 19: "With prior approval from CLIENT'S Project Manager, PUBLISHER shall be permitted to sell subscriptions of the publications to specific non members of CLIENT'S association...."

"PUBLISHER reservs the right to sell individual copies and back issues and/or off prints it publishes or other publications it produces on behalf of CLIENT e.g. convention issues or member directories for such fees as it sees fit , and with prior approval from CLIENT's Project Manager."

Paragraph 23: "The relationship between PUBLISHER and CLIENT shall be that of independent contractors and nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed to give either party the power to direct and control the day-to-day activities of the other. i.e., designate or appoint a party, its agents or employees as the agents or employees of the other party or to grant them any power or authority to act for, bind or otherwise create or assume any obligations on behalf of the other for any purpose whatsoever."

Hope this clarifies things.
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

Kunena Birthday Module

• ShirleyJ birthday is today
  • Soundhooves birthday is today
  • Blackzmith birthday is in 1 day
  • Lisapony birthday is in 1 day
  • Mike Langhof birthday is in 1 day
  • filmbak62F7 birthday is in 363 days
  • ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is in 364 days
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.