make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: World Championship Blacksmiths

World Championship Blacksmiths 30 Jun 2006 12:42 #1

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Just got a mailing from a newly formed group called World Championship Blacksmiths.

Seems these guys are run by a lot of familiar names that we all know. Looks like they have a lot of potential and I certainly wish them all the best. For those of us that enjoy competitions they might be worth a membership.

Question I have is might this be a sign of further weakening of the AFA?

When another outfit takes something that one group formerly held a monopoly on (in this case forging competition) this does not usually bode well for the first group.

For those of you familiar with the sport of Rodeo, it is reminiscent of what the PBR did to the PRCA. As I see it anyway.

What do you guys read into this?
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:World Championship Blacksmiths 30 Jun 2006 13:26 #2

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
George, I just think it is the wave of the future, not a way of intentionally weakening another enity.

The PBR was able to advance their agenda 1000 times over by creating their own org. and having more control over marketing and providing a more concentrated program for folks who just want to ride bulls.

When I was young the PRCA was actually called the the Turtles something (Tom help me out here!!) They have gone through changes throughout the yrs)
Change is a fact of life and it eventually leads to folks specializing

I see this Blacksmith Championship etc, as a similar venue. Instead of giving 10% to 6 events they can give 100% to one event.
The interest in the Calgary event lead to the mail-in contest and then last yr. the video hosted by Andrew Ellersbee ( I know I mispell his name)
This as I see it is the next step in a group of folks layed out plan to advance and bring the smithy part of a horseshoer and blacksmith to the fore-front and the publics eye.
A way to bring the art of turning steel back to life.

Kinda like me rarely shoeing small horses anymore and focusing on the gentle giants. By specializing I can put all my concentration on one area.
It has made my business more valuable and needed.

I also recieved the phamplet in the mail and it has perked my interest.
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:World Championship Blacksmiths 30 Jun 2006 20:42 #3

I also got that in the mail. I do not think it is a new thing. I purchased the 2005 World Championship Blacksmith's Competetion DVD set and recall hearing how many of the competetors have been competeing in this for years. Looks like a great thing to try, maybe one day after the girls are gone off to college and the wife wants to travel.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:World Championship Blacksmiths 01 Jul 2006 00:47 #4

Here's the deal as far as I know-

I think this is going to totaly replace the AFA's contest.

This has no connection with the WCBC at the Calgary Stampede.

There will be ten coke forge stations provided and the contest will run in go-rounds ten at at time until everybody is done.

No more driving all over hauling your own anvil and forge! The whole setup will be hauled form site to site for each event. No more wasted time and fuel on the road.

Go-round format. This means you'll end up striking and running the fire for someone else, then someone will help you in your turn. Teamwork helps us learn and get better!If there are more than three rounds (there will be) you'll get a chance to sit back and watch. Less wondering how you got beat. :)

There's also mentoring program. If it's your first time you automaticly get one of the more experienced farriers to strike, run the fire and coach. This will help a bunch!

Live Shoeing will be two rounds. You still get help in the shoeing classes.

There will be big Payoff money. Eigth place will be the break even spot.

Everyone who competes ac***ulates points toward the championship.

There will be a free "Superclinic" in January 2007

Other cool stuff! :D

Phil, November 2007 at Equine Affair. You can sleep in your own bed, and drive down in the morning with the family so they can cheer you on. How easy is that? :D

RE:World Championship Blacksmiths 01 Jul 2006 00:55 #5

• George Geist
  • Master
Roy,
Looks like a real cool deal. How much money are you talking about for winning one of these things?
George
Come over and say hello.

RE:World Championship Blacksmiths 01 Jul 2006 19:52 #6

I think this is a great idea. Perhaps now the AFA can start concentrating on farriers and shoeing horses, and not so much on contesting. Those of us that are intrested in contesting will still have a venue which appears to be bigger and better anyway. I'm very interested to see what the AFA's reaction to this is, and if the AFA will change thier mindset a little.

Dave
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBimQu6Pxxs

RE:World Championship Blacksmiths 02 Jul 2006 15:09 #7

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
I also received info from them. I think it is the best thing that has happened to the profession of farriers. As said before - now there is a place where competition can be done at a professional level. Competors don't have to travel with all their equipment. Just show up. Hopefully the AFA will look at this and make a turn more towards education. Looking forward to seeing how it all pans out.

Mikel
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:World Championship Blacksmiths 07 Jul 2006 02:04 #8

George Geist wrote:
Roy,
Looks like a real cool deal. How much money are you talking about for winning one of these things?
George

I forget exactly, but it was pretty substantial.

[URL=http://]http://www.worldchampionshipblacksmiths.com/FAQ.php[/URL]

RE:World Championship Blacksmiths 07 Jul 2006 15:55 #9

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
vthorseshoe in gray

I just think it is the wave of the future, not a way of intentionally weakening another enity.

The PBR was able to advance their agenda 1000 times over by creating their own org. and having more control over marketing and providing a more concentrated program for folks who just want to ride bulls.

The PBR's success was helped considerably by the fact that bull riding is rodeo's most popular event.

When I was young the PRCA was actually called the the Turtles something (Tom help me out here!!) They have gone through changes throughout the yrs) Change is a fact of life and it eventually leads to folks specializing

The progression was: Cowboys Turtle Association -> Rodeo Cowboys Association -> Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association.

I see this Blacksmith Championship etc, as a similar venue. Instead of giving 10% to 6 events they can give 100% to one event.
The interest in the Calgary event lead to the mail-in contest and then last yr. the video hosted by Andrew Ellersbee ( I know I mispell his name)
This as I see it is the next step in a group of folks layed out plan to advance and bring the smithy part of a horseshoer and blacksmith to the fore-front and the publics eye.
A way to bring the art of turning steel back to life.

To my notion, forging/shoeing contests have little to do with day-to-day farriery, so I don't think the new outfit will have much impact on pragmatic farriery. On the other hand, it might be a helluva deal for those farriers to whom contesting is important and feel it's worth $200 a year to join the club. More importantly, it might cause the AFA to reduce its damnable emphasis on contesting and could even revive the AFA's interest in increasing the quality of farriery available to the general public by making the public aware of the CF and CJF certification programs.

[NB, et al, please spare me the usual specious arguments about perimeter fit vs pragmatic fit: if one can apply the former, one can certainly apply the latter - if one desires.]

This is not to imply that all good farriers are AFA certified; instead, that it takes a demonstration of knowledge and motor skills to obtain the AFA credential, which, in the eyes of the public, makes the holder of the credential a known quantity in terms of demonstrated ability to shoe to an arbitrary standard. As far as I'm concerned, the AFA's making the public aware of the certification programs would offer the horse owning public a much better choice than pointing to the farriers' cards posted on the feed store bulletin board and going, "Eeny, meeny, miney, mo..."

But, I digress.

Good on whoever came up the World Championship Blacksmiths deal, it could be a win/win deal for both the trade and John Q. Horseowner.
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:World Championship Blacksmiths 07 Jul 2006 22:13 #10

• calshoer
  • Guru
dave said:
I think this is a great idea. Perhaps now the AFA can start concentrating on farriers and shoeing horses, and not so much on contesting. Those of us that are intrested in contesting will still have a venue which appears to be bigger and better anyway. I'm very interested to see what the AFA's reaction to this is, and if the AFA will change thier mindset a little.

Dave
Tom said:
To my notion, forging/shoeing contests have little to do with day-to-day farriery, so I don't think the new outfit will have much impact on pragmatic farriery. On the other hand, it might be a helluva deal for those farriers to whom contesting is important and feel it's worth $200 a year to join the club. More importantly, it might cause the AFA to reduce its damnable emphasis on contesting and could even revive the AFA's interest in increasing the quality of farriery available to the general public by making the public aware of the CF and CJF certification programs.
I totally agree that seperating the forging emphasis to another group is a good idea. It still allows those farriers interested in advanced forging a place to go, and frees the AFA up to provide more of the 'education' portion of their agenda that have been claiming but sadly lacking flately.
As well it would free the AFA attendees who also contest to actually see the scientific lectures and "how to" demos, and the AFA could afford to present more scientific and lameness prevention/treatment lectures.

Heck if the AFA dumped forging contests all together and let someone else do that, I might even join again. (maybe. ) Patty
Patty Stiller CNBF,CLS
www.hoofcareonline.com

RE:World Championship Blacksmiths 07 Jul 2006 22:32 #11

Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
More importantly, it might cause the AFA to reduce its damnable emphasis on contesting and could even revive the AFA's interest in increasing the quality of farriery available to the general public by making the public aware of the CF and CJF certification programs. ....... As far as I'm concerned, the AFA's making the public aware of the certification programs would offer the horse owning public a much better choice than pointing to the farriers' cards posted on the feed store bulletin board and going, "Eeny, meeny, miney, mo..."
Tom,

I think you have hit the nail squarely on its head. I agree with you that if the AFA chooses to work with WCB on the contests it could refocus on education, certifcation and marketing AFA certified farriers. I think it would be very benificial to all if the AFA recast things to present it as AFA Certified farriers, and not focus of the certifcation levels. It is my belief that in marketing its certifcation program it must make becomeing a "AFA Certified Farrier" valuable to every member and make being a CF more than just a stepping stone to CJF.
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...

RE:World Championship Blacksmiths 09 Jul 2006 02:41 #12

Ronald E. Kramedjian wrote:
.......... and make being a CF more than just a stepping stone to CJF.

I think being a CJF is just a stepping stone.

RE:World Championship Blacksmiths 09 Jul 2006 18:41 #13

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Re: "...and make being a CF more than just a stepping stone to CJF." -REK

Roy Amaral CJF in gray

I think being a CJF is just a stepping stone.

Well spoken! A CJF is a starting place, not a stopping place.
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:World Championship Blacksmiths 24 Jun 2009 17:44 #14

• George Geist
  • Master
This thread has been gathering dust for nearly 3 years now. I bring it back now to say I'm very impressed with the wcb.

The enthusiasm and passion that those guys bring to the trade is truly like a breath of fresh air.

Godspeed to them they have my respect;)
George
Come over and say hello.

RE:World Championship Blacksmiths 25 Jun 2009 00:16 #15

I hope if I get a chance to go to one of these events there will be hot shoes thrown at balloons:D.

Marco carlone

Kunena Birthday Module

• JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.