make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday August 8, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Carriage horse ban

Carriage horse ban 09 Dec 2011 04:06 #1

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
One more thing people want to stop, let them win and it is one more right we all lose as animal owners and exhibators..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/08/ban-on-carriage-horses-ga_n_1136393.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl18%7Csec3_lnk2%7C118632
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Carriage horse ban 09 Dec 2011 19:21 #2

gee hope that doesent happen, we had them wanting to ban jump racing, they wanted to ban use of whips in racing,

RE:Carriage horse ban 10 Dec 2011 00:17 #3

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
ASPCA's CEO makes $516,710.00/year.

Who do you think is going to win?
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Carriage horse ban 10 Dec 2011 00:30 #4

• cyber steve
  • Owner
  • Thank you received: 50
tbloomer wrote:
ASPCA's CEO makes $516,710.00/year.

Who do you think is going to win?

That would save a lot of puppies...
Steve Turpin

"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"No philosophers so thoroughly comprehend us as dogs and horses." Herman Melville[/color]

RE:Carriage horse ban 10 Dec 2011 01:34 #5

• Steve Marshall
  • Thank you received: 1
I hate bans of any type unless its an immoral or criminal act. The City of NY should look to the Hackney Carriage Office in London and borrow some of their rules,regulations and procedures for policing the rules. Why in a Nanny state is the rush to BAN. IMO it only goes to prove a lack of understanding of the problem and an unwillingness to do so.

Steve you are so right. I guess he is paid according to an industry average for a CEO of a company of the ASPCA's size. But I feel its more than 500,000 times more than current Presidents worth let alone the CEO position at the ASPCA.
Steve Marshall

"The horse world doesn't build character - it tests it"
Bob Avilia

RE:Carriage horse ban 11 Dec 2011 14:21 #6

• mwmyersdvm
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 11
It is my understanding that one of the main stables is on land that is prime for developers. That is really going to give it some push to remove them. They do need to come up with a plan for recorded horse care so they can fend off all these problems. Horse people tend to do as they have always done, even if it doesn't work very well.

M. W. Myers, DVM

RE:Carriage horse ban 11 Dec 2011 15:43 #7

• Steve Marshall
  • Thank you received: 1
mwmyersdvm wrote:
It is my understanding that one of the main stables is on land that is prime for developers. That is really going to give it some push to remove them.

M. W. Myers, DVM

Ahh now we are getting to the real cause for concern. The 1% need more cash for their stash.
Steve Marshall

"The horse world doesn't build character - it tests it"
Bob Avilia

RE:Carriage horse ban 12 Dec 2011 12:50 #8

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Last month I recieved a call from a South Carolina female veterinarian. She had been given the task of deciding what shoe's were appropriate for carriage horses in the area she resides.
We spent a good 20 minutes on the phone with me explaining the pro's and cons of what is normally found or used on carriage horses.
I am pretty sure by the end of our conversation she had a fair to dinkum handle on the reason and need for certain materials applied to shoe's and the good and bad of using other forms of shoe's depending on the type of road and or weather . (pavement, cobblestone, cement etc. combined with rain.)

A lot of groups are putting pressure on carriage companies and for a number of reason's as stated in this post. Even for the possible desire to own the land the company is on as quoted by Dr. Myers.

I shod the carriage horses that tour Saratoga, Ny for about a year and I can tell you they were extremely well fed and the harness and equipment was in very good shape and the hooves were a main concern for the owners.
Well maintained with good traction.
(I eventually turned the account over to another farrier because it was a 4 hour drive one way for me and I was cutting back on long trips.)

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Carriage horse ban 12 Dec 2011 14:06 #9

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
  • Equestrian Centre Proprietor, Northumberland, UK
  • Thank you received: 2
I've got mixed feelings on this one.

I'm also a commercial carriage driver and though not now operating tourist service, it is something I have done previously.

I've operated in York, Helmsley, Scarborough and Malton in the UK. All itsy-bitsy little places and all restricted to the areas that are limited traffic access. Nowhere near the size and congestion and noise and pace and traffic that's in NY though!

I don't think that horse drawn carriages and heavy city traffic the likes of what there is in New York belong together.

IMO there needs to be regulation to protect the horses and drivers from mad selfish motorists and from overwork and abuse and misuse.

However to suggest that carriage driving per se isn't appropriate for tourists is just plain ridiculous.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with horse drawn carriages taking people for drives.

There's nothing wrong with them driving on roads.

The problem is heavy traffic and some ***** motorists and some ***** carriage drivers!

I find it "interesting" that folks want regulation and banning for carriage horses in New York when there's absolutely zilch elsewhere to protect horses in the USA.

IMO there ought to be effective regulation and enforced standards of welfare and for all horses. Whether or not they're being used commercially and for ridden and driven activity.

But I know that just isn't politically or socially acceptable there and it's very different here.

In the UK commercial horse drawn vehicles are licenced and very strictly regulated. But then we are altogether more regulated. All Equestrian Centres are regulated and licenced as are all Riding Instructors and Horse Trainers. Each and every horse being used commercially is examined at the very least annually. Likewise for where they're kept. Every single equid in the UK has to have it's own passport. Farriery is licenced and regulated etc etc. So for us regulation and licencing is pretty much standard place.

I act as an assessor for local authorities and assess drivers and examine carriages, harness and horses to ensure they're all fit for purpose and up to the job when they're being used commercially. They don't get a chance to operate if they're not right.

But when visiting other places and on forums I've seen some real sights for sore eyes! Disasters and accidents in the making.

Particularly when folks post photos and stories of their draft horses in parades and taking tourists or the likes of santa clause for drives etc. There's also been wayyyyy too many accidents recently and IMO entirely because of ignorance and failure to do what ought to be done and by doing things that should never be done!

But banning horse drawn carriages in a city because SOME horses might be in the hands of inappropriate owners and inappropriate conditions is just stark staring bonkers.

That's the reason to go after THOSE specific owners and take action against them and them only.

Likewise banning all because SOME horses might be badly and inappropriately stabled with no turn out at all..... ever is irrational.

IF it's accepted that this is wrong..... and I for one actually think it is..... then there needs to be a radical rethink of animal welfare legislation generally.

There's a heck of a lot of horses kept with no turn out at all or else in some pathetic teeny pen in solitary confinement. And not just in cities! Not just carriage horses! Not just horses used for tourists!

Banning them because the city traffic is appalling and impossible to make safe is a logical reason though it begs lots of questions such as:

Why can't safer areas be found? What if anything can be done about traffic calming measures? There's masses of park land in NY and I know that a lot of the horse drawn drivers operate there and that seems the right sort of place. So keep it there and ensure there's effective regulation and control of operators.

That's how a lot of companies operate all over Europe. The horses are trucked into the city for a week or two then back to pasture land and turn out for a couple of days. With strict rules about their health and how many hours they can work and where. What sort of harness is used and what kind of vehicle and whether according to it's size and weight once loaded, it's drawn by a single horse or a pair of horses. What the driver's competence is and checking it. Time to stop the incompetent and abusive from compromising the whole business.

IMO that seems like a solution and any carriage operator who doesn't like it needs to find something else to do and ideally without a horse.

RE:Carriage horse ban 12 Dec 2011 21:57 #10

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Thomas you are so so correct, but here in the states when the word regulation comes into the sentence people start hollering about the government getting into their business.

And that my friend is the real stopping block over here.
None of us want to see animals of any kind be abused, BUT the thought of "BIG BROTHER getting his hold onto one more piece of our quote unquote "rights"
ends up taking precidend and everything else goes to the wayside.

I have for years advocated regulating the farrier industry similar to what you have set up in the UK and it gets shot down so quick I don't even get to put a period at the end of my sentence.

It matters not that it would improve the industry for the professionals by getting rid of the rif raf and a bunch of other plus's.

NON regulation is what the majority want and it is what comes to a boiling point over every other thing...

So the whole issue of regulating anything is out in left field here in the states.
What is regulated is slipped in through groups who either buy it in or know how to work the system and slip it in under guise of another bill.

just the way it is here.

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Carriage horse ban 13 Dec 2011 02:04 #11

Gary Hill wrote:
One more thing people want to stop, let them win and it is one more right we all lose as animal owners and exhibators..
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/08/ban-on-carriage-horses-ga_n_1136393.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl18%7Csec3_lnk2%7C118632

it's more than that; they PETA are trying to stop everything animal related.
and they are getting stronger everytime because the this new generation is for them all the way; and it will get to the point where there will be no more veterinarians, or vet schools, zoos, santurary, hunting, owning, breeding eating, wearing, farming of anything animal related. very scary stuff; since one of my good friends was for PETA and went to the meetings until even she had second thoughts!~!; and she is a very animal rights even to this day; but even she ascepts that you still need, zoos, vets, farming, and you should have even pets.

RE:Carriage horse ban 13 Dec 2011 02:11 #12

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
ladyblacksmith wrote:
it's more than that; they PETA are trying to stop everything animal related.
and they are getting stronger everytime because the this new generation is for them all the way; and it will get to the point where there will be no more veterinarians, or vet schools, zoos, santurary, hunting, owning, breeding eating, wearing, farming of anything animal related. very scary stuff; since one of my good friends was for PETA and went to the meetings until even she had second thoughts!~!; and she is a very animal rights even to this day; but even she ascepts that you still need, zoos, vets, farming, and you should have even pets.

Good for her that the Kool Aid she drank wasnt as strong as most...It is terrible that they have their venue but even worst that some animal owners make every animal owner look bad???:(
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Carriage horse ban 13 Dec 2011 02:13 #13

Gary Hill wrote:
Good for her that the Kool Aid she drank wasnt as strong as most...It is terrible that they have their venue but even worst that some animal owners make every animal owner look bad???:(

tell me about it; and Gary what's worse is on animal planet is "animal cops" and it just makes it harder to convince people that is the extreme and not the norm.

RE:Carriage horse ban 13 Dec 2011 02:15 #14

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Thomas_Ride&Drive wrote:
I find it "interesting" that folks want regulation and banning for carriage horses in New York when there's absolutely zilch elsewhere to protect horses in the USA.
The real issue is the PETA crowd wanting to stop the use of animals. Start with a big target like New York carriages and work down from there. If the horses were replaced tomorrow with illegal aliens, under the exact same conditions, you wouldn't hear a peep.

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Carriage horse ban 13 Dec 2011 04:27 #15

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
Bill Adams wrote:
The real issue is the PETA crowd wanting to stop the use of animals. Start with a big target like New York carriages and work down from there. If the horses were replaced tomorrow with illegal aliens, under the exact same conditions, you wouldn't hear a peep.

You recon rickshaws with asians pullin them will replace the horses Bill??:D

Kunena Birthday Module

• Anthony_Lawrence birthday is today
  • AnzaCowgirl birthday is today
  • Policicchio birthday is today
  • Reyvin_Wolf birthday is today
  • William Thomason birthday is in 1 day
  • colleent birthday is in 363 days
  • JamieMerklin2EFA birthday is in 363 days
  • tailskidwest birthday is in 363 days
  • Bubba Love birthday is in 364 days
  • John Barney birthday is in 364 days
  • Nicoperd birthday is in 364 days
  • Purplexed birthday is in 364 days
  • ZeroTurboCharge birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.