make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday January 23, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: licensing

RE:licensing 18 Feb 2006 10:11 #391

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Rick Burten wrote:
Mike,
I think this is spot on. I think the concept of CEs as envisioned by the AFA is to include both the 'classroom' and the practical aspects of our profession. As soon as the AFA gets a better handle awarding other conferences, seminars and clinics CE hours, I think you'll be much more satisfied with the program. Programs such as the On-line conference here, the IHCS, Palm Beach, Rochester, etc, all seem to me to fit the requirements and need to be added to the CE list.

If we want to get way out in left field, wouldn't you like to see someone be able to earn some CE credits by spending a day or more with another farrier who is recognized as have expertise in one or more areas of interest and specialization . For instance, if I went and rode with Bob Lanners, Rick Medd, Andy Elsbry, et al, so that I could further my skill and knowledge as it relates to trimming and shoeing long footed horses, should that too not qualify? If I go to Bob Marshall's or Chris Gregory's , etc to hone my skills, should that too not be able to garner CE credits?

Should attending a Pete Ramey, Jamie Jackson, Pete Seeley, Gene Ovnicek
et al, clinic count towards CE credits?

IOW, why should CE credits be limited to only AFA events, and what criteria should we use to determine what other events should qualify and how many CE credits to award to each?

I agree with all of the above but I suppose there needs to be some limits/criteria. Otherwise you'll have people attending the Mickey the Mope shool of astrological horse shoeing and wanting CE credits. LOL
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:licensing 18 Feb 2006 10:19 #392

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
George Geist wrote:
Mike,
For what earthly reason did your organization allow an unqualified guy to get his journeyman papers? That sounds like mismanagement at its worst. If you really needed one you could have called the hiring hall and they would have sent one.

To do as you said doesn't serve the best interests of the company or the union. Aside from the union stuff I would consider you or any other guy working on his own to be a journeyman horseshoer.

According to the union, he was qualified. Had the company refused to sign the form (which didn't contain any false statements), the employee would have filed a grievance and more time, money and effort would be expended.

I wouldn't have been eligeable because I wasn't a union member.

For those who see an elitist or "ol boy" mentality among certain groups, maybe it's there, maybe it's not. Throughout my working life I've noticed that whenever I made what I thought was a step up, I found myself at the bottom of a new pile. Maybe some of you experienced that too. Just a thought.
George

That is the truth.

RE:licensing 18 Feb 2006 11:55 #393

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Rick Burten wrote:
Trouble was that my fingers engaged before my mind was in gear
:eek: :o . I managed to do it twice this morning, so I owe you the same apology as I made to Phil.

Rick
No disrespect to Phil, but I would like my own personal customized apology rather than one that has already beed given to Phil. I'm also pretty certain that Phil would prefer not to share apologies.

As my buddy used to say, "Don't put your fingers no place your face won't go."

Tom Bloome, CF
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:licensing 18 Feb 2006 13:14 #394

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
tbloomer wrote:
No disrespect to Phil, but I would like my own personal customized apology rather than one that has already beed given to Phil. I'm also pretty certain that Phil would prefer not to share apologies.
Ask and ye shall receive: With bended fingers I seek your forgiveness for my not so inexcusable action where by I inadvertently struck the wrong key in a response to you and thereby caused you what has apparently become an unmitigated psychic pain and embaressment to your delicate persona. For this irreverant , unintentional faux pas, I apologize and promise to never again allow this to happen. Unless it does.
As my buddy used to say, "Don't put your fingers no place your face won't go."
As we have met personally, and as you are an astute observer of the human condition, I am sure that you noted that the probiscus which graces my countenance has some degree of prominence. That being the case, it stands to reason that I was adhering to your buddy's advise since it is demonstrable that my face, represented by my probiscus could indeed go right where my fingers went. In this case, to the keyboard.
Tom Bloome, CF
In keeping with your signature style as evidenced immediately above, I remain,
Rick Burte, CJF
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:licensing 18 Feb 2006 13:40 #395

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Mike Ferrara wrote:
I agree with all of the above but I suppose there needs to be some limits/criteria. Otherwise you'll have people attending the Mickey the Mope shool of astrological horse shoeing and wanting CE credits. LOL
And this would be bad because?

Mike,
I note that you use the word "shool" above. Now, considering my religious persuasion, I believe you are referring to a synagogue. Thus, attending Mikey the Mope's course would also be a religious experience? You may be on to something here. If his shool is Orthodox, then by definition, the course of study would be 'traditional' , right. If the shool is Conservative, then the course of study would be less traditional and would incorporate some new ideas, right? If the shool is 'Reform' then the course of study would be rather left of Orthodox but not completely disavowing the traditional movement, right? If the shool is "Progressive", then the course of study has basically abandonded the traditional(Orthodox) and embraced the Neuvo-Modern(which could be considered by some to be the liberated natural view), right?

Or, does Mickey's shool offer a course for each of the listed persuasions? If so, do they run simultaneously or must each be taught separately so that none appears to infringe on the beliefs of the others?

Did Mickey attend Yeshiva University and attain his degree in Astrological horseshoeing, or is he a lay leader who one day saw the light and converted to Astrological horseshoeing and having undergone this epiphany, began to preach his own Sermon on the Mount(ed horse) to those who were wandering dazed, lost and confused in the maze of existant hoofcare?

Has Mickey ever been asked to speak before a gathering of dis-believers? Does he use power point in his discussions? Has he written any articles or books, and if so, have they been published or otherwise disseminated?

Does Mickey use a star chart or crystal ball to arrive at a trimming and/or shoeing protocol?

Inquiring minds just want to know! :D :p
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:licensing 18 Feb 2006 14:03 #396

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
Rick Burten wrote:
And this would be bad because?

Well, I don't know.

Mike,
I note that you use the word "shool" above. Now, considering my religious persuasion, I believe you are referring to a synagogue. ...

I will now excuse myself and go type "school" 100 times.

RE:licensing 18 Feb 2006 14:54 #397

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Mike Ferrara wrote:
I will now excuse myself and go type "school" 100 times.
No, No, don't do that. It was way more (I hope everyone understands)fun with the word misspelled :p

Perhaps Mickey's shool also endorses cessapol(sic) as the hoofcare product of choice. :D
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:licensing 19 Feb 2006 13:14 #398

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Rick Burten wrote:
In keeping with your signature style as evidenced immediately above, I remain,
Rick Burte, CJF

Touch . . . e' Mr. Burte'

Tom Bloomer
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:licensing 31 Mar 2009 12:52 #399

More opinions along the way in this old thread too!:)
________
Ford model u

RE:licensing 06 Aug 2009 06:02 #400

• T.N. Trosin
  • Very Senior Member
Moved from the Vermont thread
Clint Burrell wrote:

What guise? Haven't had anyone ask for my license or AFA card.

The way it is going to roll (if the state of California is any kind of indicator) the state tax board will give the names of persons who are sole proprietors to the local municipalities who will then decide if it is in the city or counties best interest to levy a tax on those individuals. I have a City of Los Angeles business license and I pay a city tax as do the majority of my contemporaries. This is the way that you will one day be licensed. There will be no test as to your competence, simply a levy of your income.
Soliceter General Warning: This message may not have been spell checked for your protection
Just a piece of advice, think to yourself is this something I would say in front of a client, before your click the submit button.

RE:licensing 06 Aug 2009 06:38 #401

• Clint Burrell
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 7
T.N. Trosin wrote:
Moved from the Vermont threadClint Burrell;168836 wrote:

The way it is going to roll (if the state of California is any kind of indicator) the state tax board will give the names of persons who are sole proprietors to the local municipalities who will then decide if it is in the city or counties best interest to levy a tax on those individuals. I have a City of Los Angeles business license and I pay a city tax as do the majority of my contemporaries. This is the way that you will one day be licensed. There will be no test as to your competence, simply a levy of your income.

That I would agree as to the "licensing" issue. Won't have anything to do w/ your ability to preform a task/job,but a way to garnish your wages for working.

Have a good one,

Clint Burrell
Clint Burrell

"You say your from collage,
but you don't seem to bright.
You just brought a swichblade
to a pistol fight"
Move On by Chris Knight

RE:licensing 06 Aug 2009 12:16 #402

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
California has a way of overtaxing everything! So many folks are moving here from there, with a really bad taste in their mouths from gov interference.:(
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:licensing 15 Aug 2009 11:47 #403

............. and they are still broke. Once California hits the fetal position it will be the greatest place to live because they will wake up. Cycle of life.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

Kunena Birthday Module

• brianriggs birthday is today
  • canditemby birthday is today
  • cwlindauer birthday is today
  • LilBitOfHeaven birthday is today
  • lonestar birthday is today
  • vincentfarley52 birthday is today
  • alminc11 birthday is in 1 day
  • DABELL24 birthday is in 1 day
  • skelemen birthday is in 1 day
  • hoofdoc28 birthday is in 364 days
  • paulblog556715DE birthday is in 364 days
  • paulc7765BA9B birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.