make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: BUA Madness

RE:BUA Madness 12 Aug 2011 20:56 #106

She probably feels s tupid. The "trimmers" around here are usually very quiet when I'm around, but talk their faces off when they're with horse owners by themselves. They must teach that.:D

Regards
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:BUA Madness 13 Aug 2011 10:59 #107

• caballus
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
hurleycane wrote:
@ Callabus - You really need to expand your definition and understanding on pus.

pus (ps) n. A generally viscous, yellowish-white fluid formed in infected tissue, consisting of white blood cells, cellular [including bacteria cells] debris, and necrotic tissue

The body responds to both dead devitalized tissue and invading bacteria through the inflammatory pathway. The responding fluid of the inflammatory pathway contains both "soldiers" to remove dead and invading tissue and as well rich enticing nutrients to heal and grow new tissue. So this defending fluid is also a very inviting medium to bacteria and the like.

And we all know bacteria is everywhere in the environment looking for a restaurant.

So once an abscess is open and drains into the environment, it is going to have bacteria and will readily support bacterial growth. In fact, the more the bacteria proliferates, the more the body sends this fluid to do battle. The more the bacteria is flourishing, the thicker and more opaque and colorful the drainage will be, not to mention odorous.

So pus is not so much only a body fluid of defending soldiers, nutrients and or body trash, once open to the environment it also contains invading bacteria.

So if you are "looking at pus" - it is a given that bacteria is present and it will need care to manage the bacteria.

Yes, that is understood, thanks. The purpose of my post, however, was to correct the vet's statement that the bacteria forms the pus. That is wrong. The BODY forms the pus. That's all -- didn't intend to have a whole discussion on what pus is. ;)
:) -- Gwen Santagate
“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -- Albert Einstein
thepenzancehorse.com
barefoottrim.com

RE:BUA Madness 13 Aug 2011 14:13 #108

• dana fenn
caballus wrote:
-- didn't intend to have a whole discussion on what pus is. ;)

But why not? don't all forums discuss running into pus? :confused:

*smile*
Live your life in such a way, that when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
Satan shudders and says "Oh, No, she's Awake!"

RE:BUA Madness 13 Aug 2011 15:33 #109

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
  • Equestrian Centre Proprietor, Northumberland, UK
  • Thank you received: 2
caballus wrote:
Yes, that is understood, thanks. The purpose of my post, however, was to correct the vet's statement that the bacteria forms the pus. That is wrong. The BODY forms the pus. That's all -- didn't intend to have a whole discussion on what pus is. ;)

What vet's statement?

Pus: a creamy, viscous fluid exudate that is the result of fluid remains of necrosis of tissues. It is usually pale yellow to yellow green, sometimes whitish, and sometimes bloody. Its main constituent is an abundance of polymorphonuclear leukocytes. Bacterial infection is its most common cause.

Fundamentally pus forms in response to bacteria accumulation. The bacteria gains access and as the bacteria multiply, pus builds accumulates.

RE:BUA Madness 13 Aug 2011 16:13 #110

• caballus
  • Master
Thomas_Ride&Drive wrote:
What vet's statement?

Post #50 of this thread.
“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” -- Albert Einstein
thepenzancehorse.com
barefoottrim.com

RE:BUA Madness 14 Aug 2011 02:06 #111

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
caballus wrote:
Post #50 of this thread.

Without a foreign body, there is no pus. Most often it's bacterium, but it can be an amoeba, virus, fungus, etc.
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:BUA Madness 14 Aug 2011 10:55 #112

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
caballus wrote:
Post #50 of this thread.

Thanks.

What's wrong with that statement?

He said bacteria creates pus in a hoof abscess.

Creates means to cause or to bring into being.

Without infective tissue there's no pus. It's there because the neutrophils are working to fight infection.

I've never yet seen or read of a hoof abscess that's been caused by any other reason.

RE:BUA Madness 14 Aug 2011 11:58 #113

• hurleycane
I brought it up cause you were incorrect. And you lorded your incorrectness over a Vet. When you are cut with a knife, does the knife create the wound or does the body create the wound? Bacteria in the flesh creates pus. BTW bacteria have their own slime too ya know.;) It is part of their defense.

RE:BUA Madness 14 Aug 2011 14:29 #114

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
hurleycane wrote:
I brought it up cause you were incorrect. And you lorded your incorrectness over a Vet. When you are cut with a knife, does the knife create the wound or does the body create the wound? Bacteria in the flesh creates pus. BTW bacteria have their own slime too ya know.;) It is part of their defense.
Knives don't cut people, people cut people. :cool:
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:BUA Madness 14 Aug 2011 16:02 #115

• hurleycane
:p Oh the pitfalls of casual language. Reminds me of a long ago patient conference with a highly regarded attending surgeon. I described a discharge as being pu$$y. He kindly requested I spell the term for the benefit of the residents and interns present at the conference. :eek: :o

RE:BUA Madness 14 Aug 2011 16:33 #116

• caballus
  • Master
What's wrong with that statement?

He said bacteria creates pus in a hoof abscess.

Creates means to cause or to bring into being.

Matter of perception, I guess. When I think of 'create' then I think of the actual creation by the subject ... in other words the bacteria making the pus when, actually, its the body that makes the pus when there is bacteria present.
thepenzancehorse.com
barefoottrim.com

RE:BUA Madness 14 Aug 2011 16:37 #117

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
One of my favorite inaccurate Vet terms..."sterile abcess"?????

The close second place..."contracted tendons"

RE:BUA Madness 14 Aug 2011 17:30 #118

• ThomasRideandDrive
  • Master
^ Is that being a little bit pregnant?

RE:BUA Madness 14 Aug 2011 18:49 #119

• hurleycane
caballus wrote:
Matter of perception, I guess. When I think of 'create' then I think of the actual creation by the subject ... in other words the bacteria making the pus when, actually, its the body that makes the pus when there is bacteria present.

Again Gwen - the body does not make "pus." Pus is the soup that results from the fight with the invading organism or devitalized tissue. Many components in pus which are not of the body's making.

RE:BUA Madness 15 Aug 2011 20:06 #120

deftly stepping over the puddle of pus...

I've been reflecting on the whole BUA "movement" for a while now.

The last few decades have seen professional farriers really step-up their game. At least partially motivated by a shift in attitude among growing segments the horse-owning public, who decided they were willing to pay more to an actual farrier than to the kid who could get shoes onto a horse without immediately crippling the beast.

Instead of everyone charging "the going rate" and racing to get through enough horses to make a few dollars, the price range between Cheap Johns and the top hand farriers grew considerably. (Even though most farriers still undercharge for their work.) The state of the art improved. All was going pretty well...

Then the economy started coming off the rails. Horseowners started feeling the pinch, especially when they had to write the check for shoeing every six weeks... There was considerable motivation to justify using the cheaper shoers. "He's the barn shoer." "Everyone else likes him." "Couldn't find anyone else in this area."

The result of selecting a horseshoer based on price and easy availability shouldn't surprise anyone who knows anything about farriery.

So now the horseowner has a lame horse and is at the crossroads. She can either admit that her cheapness has resulted in suffering for her animal, which makes her a bad momma and obligates her to find and pay-for a real farrier to fix the mess... Or she can jump on the BUA bandwagon, blame all horseshoers for her situation, and get off with nice, cheap trims while convincing herself that the ongoing problems are the result of previous shoeing, or the acceptable consequences of keeping Dobbin "natural".

Of course, to avoid being the neglectful owner who won't pony-up for qualified farrier services, the BUA convert has to pretend that what she's doing is obviously the right thing, and that anyone using conventional farriery is a backwards, horse-abusing *****.

Amazing thing is that it sometimes works. Watch for horseowners waxing apologetic about the fact that they have their horses shod or trimmed by a guy who actually has a forge & anvil! "I'd really prefer to have them barefoot, but..."

MILLWATER'S FARRIERY
The Illustrated Dictionary of Horseshoeing and Hoofcare.
http://www.MillwaterPublishing.com

Kunena Birthday Module

• JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.