make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday September 26, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Professional Farrier?

RE:Professional Farrier? 14 Aug 2011 18:16 #61

• brian robertson
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Tom, granted the AFA membership is a small minority of the farrier community in North America but the internet use by farriers is an even smaller minority.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Professional Farrier? 14 Aug 2011 20:08 #62

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
brian robertson wrote:
Tom, granted the AFA membership is a small minority of the farrier community in North America but the internet use by farriers is an even smaller minority.
I'm not so sure, Brian. It might be interesting to have Mark do a statistical analysis(or whatever it is he does ;) ) of the number of farriers who are members of the AFA vs those who use the internet, and specifically, are members of FHRC. With the right funding, ;) Mark could delve deep into the rationale of, for instance, why many farriers no longer are members of the AFA, or never joined the AFA, but have joined and remain members of the FHRC. It might also be instructive to know how many owners come to the FHRC for help/advise/insights/whatever, as compared to those who contact the AFA for the same.

The internet is a powerful tool but IMNTBCHO, it may well be the single worst thing that ever happened to/in the 'world of horses'.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Professional Farrier? 14 Aug 2011 20:26 #63

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
brian robertson wrote:
For what generation of farriers? The only way that "assumed minority" would have any validity is if you ignore everyone entering the industry in the last 15 years.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Professional Farrier? 14 Aug 2011 23:08 #64

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
Rick Burten wrote:
With the right funding, ;) Mark could delve deep into the rationale of, for instance, why many farriers no longer are members of the AFA, or never joined the AFA, but have joined and remain members of the FHRC.

It's no longer clear to me that there's that much "funding" in the world. ;)
The internet is a powerful tool but IMNTBCHO, it may well be the single worst thing that ever happened to/in the 'world of horses'.

There's some truth in that. Marketing can be subtle and pervasive. Owners often cannot tell the difference between when they are being "helped" and when they are being sold something. Farriers are not entirely exempt either.

Cheers,
Mark

RE:Professional Farrier? 15 Aug 2011 11:59 #65

• tbloomer
  • Master
Rick Burten wrote:
I'm not so sure, Brian. It might be interesting to have Mark do a statistical analysis(or whatever it is he does ;) ) of the number of farriers who are members of the AFA vs those who use the internet, and specifically, are members of FHRC.
I think it would be more interesting to find out why the leadership of all of the farrier organizations has been mostly absent from the FHRC when their actions are quite often the topic of discussions here. :eek:
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Professional Farrier? 15 Aug 2011 12:22 #66

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Tom, when you were in (or still maybe), the Guild, were there similarities there as with the AFA ?
Communication, finding available and willing help, people sticking to a plan and following through, Accepting leadership and "if" some disagreement arose did they still work with the powers to be and "in place plans" with out causing problems until the proper time came along for changing thoughts ,direction, leadership etc.

Rick your thoughts on the comparison of the AFA and the FHRC would be interesting reading. The why's and what for's.

Marks research and graphic's that he presented to the AFA were formulated from polls he sent out to members and other information he gathered.
It was presented to leadership along with other board members presentations.

I was given a task under Andrew Elsbree when he was AFA president. I asked Mark if he would help.
I didn't have Mark's experience in certain area's and he was invaluable to me.
To be quite honest I was not much more than a recognizable sounding board.
Mark was the real task master and with out him I would have been spinning my wheels.

What Andrew and others did with the information quite honestly I haven't a clue. I resigned feeling "I was a fish out of water" and incapeable of performing the job as it should be. After a while someone else took on the task I read somewhere.

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Professional Farrier? 15 Aug 2011 16:23 #67

• tbloomer
  • Master
vthorseshoe wrote:
Tom, when you were in (or still maybe), the Guild, were there similarities there as with the AFA ?
I think the Guild was already past the point of no return when I joined. I tried to shut it down, especially when I had 3 monthly conference call meetings in a row where the board of directors didn't show up.

Others stepped in to try to reinvent the Guild in order to make it more inclusive. I went along with that and helped create a strategic plan to roll out a new examination process. Well some folks got impatient and decided to roll that process out early and put it in front of the public. It is one of my greatest regrets that I went along with that.
Communication, finding available and willing help, people sticking to a plan and following through, Accepting leadership and "if" some disagreement arose did they still work with the powers to be and "in place plans" with out causing problems until the proper time came along for changing thoughts ,direction, leadership etc.
The difference between the Guild and the AFA is the Guild never had any "commercial interests" or "sponsors" or "advertisers." The original agenda was pretty simple. But like every other volunteer organization, most of the members just went along for the ride.

I can count on one hand the folks who made significant contributions to the Guild. OTOH, I can name about 30 people who said they were interested, acted like they wanted to be involved and once presented with that opportunity - disappeared into hiding. In spite of changing the Guild's structure to make it more inclusive - so that the organization could have access to some of the "second career" talent - there seems to be a lot more casual BS than actual "vested interest" in creating a real "accredited profession."
Rick your thoughts on the comparison of the AFA and the FHRC would be interesting reading. The why's and what for's.
Rick is my dear friend and fellow soldier in many efforts to get some organized professionalism into the profession. The difference between Rick and I is that he actually still gives a damn about other farriers and still believes in the dream of an organized profession. Me, I don't think y'all are worth it.
Marks research and graphic's that he presented to the AFA were formulated from polls he sent out to members and other information he gathered.
It was presented to leadership along with other board members presentations.
No doubt there was good stuff in that and no "agenda" to skew the reports.
I was given a task under Andrew Elsbree when he was AFA president. I asked Mark if he would help.
I didn't have Mark's experience in certain area's and he was invaluable to me.
To be quite honest I was not much more than a recognizable sounding board.

Mark was the real task master and with out him I would have been spinning my wheels.
The greatest asset to an analyst is that "sounding board." Raw data never tells the whole story.
What Andrew and others did with the information quite honestly I haven't a clue.
The information didn't serve the Andrews agenda, and like every other executive committee, the board just went along with whatever the EC did.
I resigned feeling "I was a fish out of water" and incapeable of performing the job as it should be. After a while someone else took on the task I read somewhere.
Seems to me that you did the job, got Mark involved as a resource, and supported him. The board didn't follow through and instead let the executives run their personal agenda as usual.
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Professional Farrier? 15 Aug 2011 19:36 #68

Difficult for me to spend time in the shop shoe horses and be on the Internet. Best thing I did was take a break from this and spend more time at the anvil.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Professional Farrier? 15 Aug 2011 19:51 #69

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Phil how are you and the family
we need you to pop in more often

as its not the same with out you
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin

RE:Professional Farrier? 17 Aug 2011 11:28 #70

• tbloomer
  • Master
I spent some time talking to Phil on the phone last night. He said he is shoeing 35 to 40 head per day all around, 7 days a week, making shoes all night, and that he was thinking about hiring Smitty to come over and be his apprentice. ;)
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Professional Farrier? 17 Aug 2011 13:08 #71

• Travis Reed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
tbloomer wrote:
I spent some time talking to Phil on the phone last night. He said he is shoeing 35 to 40 head per day all around, 7 days a week, making shoes all night, and that he was thinking about hiring Smitty to come over and be his apprentice. ;)

And here I was thinking I was doing something special doing 6 in a day..
Travis Reed.....

www.sporthorsefarrier.com to direct link..

RE:Professional Farrier? 17 Aug 2011 17:38 #72

• chris bunting
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
must be using readymades , that proves it saves time
chris
common sense is not needed when you have rules

RE:Professional Farrier? 18 Aug 2011 10:06 #73

• tbloomer
  • Master
Chris,

Some years ago on this forum Phil referred to Smitty as "Grasshopper." In order to "get that joke" you have to put together a whole bunch of esoteric stuff from the TV series "Kunf Fu," the history of Phil's journey on this forum, the history of Smitty's contributions to this forum, and the way that interaction played out over time.
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Professional Farrier? 18 Aug 2011 10:14 #74

• tbloomer
  • Master
Travis Reed wrote:
And here I was thinking I was doing something special doing 6 in a day..
I've seen Dave Duckett do 8 in a half day without breaking a sweat. But he cut corners and used readymades, one heat, one trip . . . :rolleyes:
Tom Bloomer
302-222-6404

RE:Professional Farrier? 19 Aug 2011 10:44 #75

Its an eye opener to see a master of the trade work.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

Kunena Birthday Module

• Dennis Peveto birthday is today
  • ironmanhorseshoeing birthday is today
  • Robyn Beane birthday is today
  • vanderblij birthday is today
  • Viking farrier birthday is today
  • irideazippo birthday is in 1 day
  • McCutcheon969 birthday is in 1 day
  • RidingGrace birthday is in 1 day
  • trueworthy birthday is in 1 day
  • 56power65 birthday is in 2 days
  • Brenda-MI birthday is in 2 days
  • farriergodmother birthday is in 2 days
  • Jetikarabbit birthday is in 2 days
  • Myr_4089 birthday is in 2 days
  • texfarrier birthday is in 2 days
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.