make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday September 25, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Took the boss's hint...New thread

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 12 Jul 2010 20:49 #16

• Jay Mickle
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Edmund Burke:

The only liberty that is valuable, is a liberty connected with order; that not only exists with order and virtue, but which cannot exist at all without them. It inheres in good and steady government, as in its substance and vital principle.

Men are qualified for civil liberty in exact proportion to their disposition to put chains upon their own appetites; in proportion as their love of justice is above their rapacity; in proportion as their soundness and sobriety of understanding is above their vanity and presumption; in proportion as they are more disposed to listen to the counsels of the wise and good, in preference to the flattery of knaves. Society cannot exist unless a controlling power upon the will and appetite is placed somewhere; and the less of it there is within, the more there must be of it without. It is ordained in the eternal constitution of things, that men of intemperate habits cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters.

When I see the spirit of liberty in action, I see a strong principle at work and this, for a while, is all I can possibly know of it. The wild gas, the fixed air, is plainly broke loose: but we ought to suspend our judgment until the first effervescence is a little subsided, till the liquor is cleared, and until we see something deeper than the agitation of a troubled and frothy surface. I must be tolerably sure, before I venture publicly to congratulate men upon a blessing, that they have really received one.

What is liberty without wisdom and without virtue?—It is the greatest of all possible evils, for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.

The true danger is, when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts.
Jay Mickle
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 12 Jul 2010 21:08 #17

• British Matt
  • Contributing Member
scruggs1 wrote:
You pretty much nailed it. We also have all types of horse owners...those that compete at high levels tend to have the high level farriers. Those who don't know any better tend to use those farriers who don't know any better either. It really works itself out in that regard. The best customers do their job, let the trainer do his/her job, let the farrier do his/hers, and the vet do his/hers. The worst get caught up in all the hype and fads, then try to get us to do that **** to their horse. Just curious if along with licensing comes customer confidence in your knowledge and abilities, or do you have those over there who know more about how to shoe their horse than you do?
In general, most people trust us as farriers to do our job competently. It is ussually, the high profile customers that tend to know it all. An example would be my main customer, a racehorse trainer of 180 horses. He insists, and I mean insists, that all the two year olds are shod for the first few times with 3/4 hinds. Even after I show him the sheared heels on a couple of them, he point blank refuses to let me put full shoes on. I think it's his ego that refuses to accept that someone half his age could know more than him.

Then you get the tree huggers who take on an ex racehorse, get it shod then turn it out in a muddy field, and wonder why shoes 'fall' off after 4 weeks.

So in general, even with a recognised standard of competence, you still have to put up with ****!

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 13 Jul 2010 00:38 #18

• SlowShoe
  • Master
Mark_Gough wrote:
We've discussed this to death but it's always an interesting topic.

Mike, do you see value in the compulsory educational and licensing requirements that veterinarians must meet?

Cheers,
Mark

I know plenty of terrible vets. And plumbers, and electricians... the list goes on.

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 13 Jul 2010 00:43 #19

• SlowShoe
  • Master
Mark_Gough wrote:
So in general, even with a recognised standard of competence, you still have to put up with ****!

But as far as shoeing goes, the standards set by the British government must surely ensure to the most sureness that all who apply horseshoes on that island are doing a perfect job. So relatively speaking its not possible that there are any farriers who do poor work in the UK right?

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 13 Jul 2010 00:43 #20

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
SlowShoe wrote:
I know plenty of terrible vets. And plumbers, and electricians... the list goes on.

Say it isn't so!

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 13 Jul 2010 00:46 #21

• SlowShoe
  • Master
Txfarrier wrote:
+1, LOL, them licence po -lice will have to pry my cold dead hands off my tongs.

Im glad you picked up on that.. lol

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 13 Jul 2010 01:02 #22

• SlowShoe
  • Master
If any of you think that government licensing will somehow effect a massive change in farrier practices, you must be ****ing crazy. People still get sick at restaurants that have to get licenses for their kitchens. People who pass drivers test and get a government license to drive cars still kill people. People who buy guns and register them still shoot people once in a while. Veterinarian and doctors still lose patients when they shouldn't. Government is not some magic ferry (ier?) dust that makes everything OK.

The ONLY reasonable solution is private Certification, and consumer reviews (like websites). Certification would prove that a farrier is able to perform on a good level. Different cert standards for different levels like the CF TF CJF ect...The AFA for example could send representatives to stables to do clinics and explain WHY having a certified farrier is very important. It could put adds in magazines stressing the importance of certified farriers. But it DOESN'T. No one cares if you are certified. And in some cases it doesnt mean squat. I've seen work out of CJF's that is pure ****. But i've seen the same guy do a very very good job. For certification to work, a certifiying body could require its certifiecation pool to attend continuing ed clinics yearly or retest them every couple of years to maintain their certification.

Now, thats a great and effective way to make certification work without destroying farriery with legislation, and hurting people with heavy fines and things like that.

In the end certification dont matter, ones skills matter. Word of mouth and a lot of work IS certification that you are doing good work. The market will decide who fails and who prevails.

P.S. Compulsory licensing would result in me becoming a black market farrier. Fact.

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 13 Jul 2010 01:07 #23

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Why not first go after all the "Two Week Wonder" schools that dump hungry people out into the horse world?
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 13 Jul 2010 01:46 #24

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
i agree with gary. go after these fly by night shools. they are in the business of a fast turn over not quality of education.

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 13 Jul 2010 02:03 #25

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
SlowShoe wrote:

P.S. Compulsory licensing would result in me becoming a black market farrier. Fact.

That's what we need is a healthier "black market" for all manor of products. Think of it as an economy stimulating tax cut...or the right to work...or just surviving on your own when the government says you should get in line to beg.

Or forget the black market and just trade in something other than government printed currency. Maybe send the IRS a basket of eggs to cover your tax liability. There you go. That's your share of what I earned. Don't let them spoil.

LOL the government prints it, let them keep it.

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 13 Jul 2010 02:26 #26

• SlowShoe
  • Master
whip n drive wrote:
i agree with gary. go after these fly by night shools. they are in the business of a fast turn over not quality of education.

And how would you 'go after' them? Would you Gary and others start your own campaign to raise awareness and try to effect their business or would you try to use the force of the state?

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 13 Jul 2010 02:37 #27

• Txfarrier
SlowShoe wrote:
Im glad you picked up on that.. lol

Its foremost in my mind that its the 2nd amendment that protects all the rest.
Dutch Denson CF

“A bar of iron costs $5, made into horseshoes its worth is $12, made into needles its worth is $3500, made into balance springs for watches, its worth is $300, 000. Your own value is determined also by what you are able to make of...

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 13 Jul 2010 02:40 #28

• Txfarrier
Gary Hill wrote:
Why not first go after all the "Two Week Wonder" schools that dump hungry people out into the horse world?

Uh, any particular school in mind? LOL
Dutch Denson CF

“A bar of iron costs $5, made into horseshoes its worth is $12, made into needles its worth is $3500, made into balance springs for watches, its worth is $300, 000. Your own value is determined also by what you are able to make of...

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 13 Jul 2010 02:45 #29

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
dutch. pick any from the list lol

RE:Took the boss's hint...New thread 13 Jul 2010 02:49 #30

• Txfarrier
SlowShoe wrote:
And how would you 'go after' them? Would you Gary and others start your own campaign to raise awareness and try to effect their business or would you try to use the force of the state?

I was thinking more along the lines of tar and feathering or burning crosses. The State wants to meddle to much in things that the common folk can take care of quite nicely, IMO
Dutch Denson CF

Kunena Birthday Module

• clearhillsfarrier birthday is today
  • Creager7850 birthday is today
  • lindar131 birthday is today
  • Dennis Peveto birthday is in 1 day
  • ironmanhorseshoeing birthday is in 1 day
  • Robyn Beane birthday is in 1 day
  • vanderblij birthday is in 1 day
  • Viking farrier birthday is in 1 day
  • newyearsbaby05 birthday is in 363 days
  • Rancho JD birthday is in 364 days
  • Tony Dunagan birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.