make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday December 1, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Whats new with the AFA ??????

RE:Whats new with the AFA ?????? 12 Jul 2010 11:36 #16

• chris bunting
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
how does money affect the standard of work ?
chris
common sense is not needed when you have rules
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Whats new with the AFA ?????? 12 Jul 2010 12:45 #17

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
chris bunting wrote:
chris

No money - no work:)
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:Whats new with the AFA ?????? 12 Jul 2010 12:49 #18

beslagsmed wrote:
No money - no work:)

LOL. And vice versa.

Also: Good, fast, or cheap. Pick any two.
Rick Shepherd

Although we know what we believe, we may only believe what we know. Dr William Moyers

RE:Whats new with the AFA ?????? 12 Jul 2010 12:52 #19

• chris bunting
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
rubbish , good work always attracts work , my point being you should always produce the highest standard of work you are capable of regardless if you are getting paid for it or not
chris
common sense is not needed when you have rules

RE:Whats new with the AFA ?????? 12 Jul 2010 13:24 #20

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
chris bunting wrote:
rubbish , good work always attracts work , my point being you should always produce the highest standard of work you are capable of regardless if you are getting paid for it or not
chris

True, and while you're right good work will bring a better quality of paying customers. This then will enable one to get rid of those who don't pay so well.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:Whats new with the AFA ?????? 12 Jul 2010 13:34 #21

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
chris bunting wrote:
chris

I'm not sure who the question is for but in my last post I said the better work and pay is nearer the cities. I was referring to working conditions...Nicer places to work, nicer horses to work on and clients willing to pay a good price.

As for the quality of horseshoeing it might not be as straight forward. Prices vary greatly from one area to another and from one farrier to the other. the correlation wouldn't be very good but I've seen some extremely poor work from the guys on the bottom of the scale. When I say "bad" I mean that you could do as well by laying a shoe on the ground with nails sticking up out of it and have the horse step on it. I haven't seen anything that bad from the higher priced guys though you may see some work that doesn't impress you.

But as I said, I've seen some pretty nice work from the Amish and nobody works for less money than they do.

I think farriers with a specialty can get more money just because the accounts that need those disciplines have far fewer farriers to choose from. We farriers might be able to pick some of the work apart but those farriers get the horses to the show while other farriers can't or won't.

If an individual farrier is in great demand for whatever reason, he can get a bunch of money because there's only one of him. a friend of mine is in that sort of demand. His prices are WAY up there and he always has more work than he can handle.

Is he the "best? How do we best measure such a thing? He does nice work and a great job of giving the horse and client what they need. The clients have confidence that he'll fix them up. Client confidence is as good as gold. I think you get client confidence by delivering the things that the clients can see and are most interested in...but the world is just overflowing with farriers that could do just as good or better job of nailing up a flat shod horse.

It think you have to look at the whole package.

RE:Whats new with the AFA ?????? 12 Jul 2010 14:02 #22

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
chris bunting wrote:
chris

"Good" has to measures in terms of what the client is looking for. If doing your absolute best fit and finish prevents you from getting everything done that the client needs done, you might get fired for it.

I lost an account a while back because they said it was taking me too long to get things done. It's mostly a breeding farm so I shod a lot of babies...weenlings, yearlings and so on. Lots of them were rank.

All the horses were often let go for a long time and feet would be a mile long, hard as a rock and as messed up as anything you could possibly imagine.

It wasn't exactly the kind of account you're sorry to see go but I did their work for several years. Heck, I did work for them 25 years ago. Everything was fine until my wife stopped riding with me.

Without my wife there, the only one in the barn to help with those horses was the owner and he had other things he wanted to do.

I didn't quit working on one until it was the way I thought it should be but he wasn't impressed by my great fit and finish. To make him happy, I needed to just get the shoes nailed on and got through the list.

I did a great job at what nobody cared about and I failed to give them what they wanted.

I think you'll find that what you think is "good work" isn't always what the client thinks is good work.

I wonder what those folks say about me if they say anything. I doubt they tell people that my work was too good. I'd guess they tell people that I couldn't get through enough horses in a day without telling them that the horses were KICKING MY AZZ! One thing is certain. I haven't been flooded with referrals from them. LOL

A mentor of mine keeps telling me not to sweat the small stuff. I've always had the hardest time following that advice but I think it's often really important. He's not suggesting that I should be "sloppy" but that I not spend too much time on stuff that doesn't matter to anybody except me.

I hated the place and just thinking about going there, literally, made me sick to my stomach but it really bothers me that I got fired from about the worst account that I know of.

RE:Whats new with the AFA ?????? 12 Jul 2010 14:09 #23

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
beslagsmed wrote:
True, and while you're right good work will bring a better quality of paying customers. This then will enable one to get rid of those who don't pay so well.

You're assuming that the lower quality, lower paying customers are running in the same circles and talking to eachother. That hasn't been my experience.

It hasn't been my experience that you can expect to work your way up from the lousy accounts to the good accounts. The lousy accounts tend to make you look lousy and, if anything, that'll prevent you from getting into the good accounts.

I just posted a big long exampe of that very thing. I think that if you want the good accounts you have to position yourself to start there. You might not start at the top and you might be shoeing the second string horses but they have to be good accounts otherwise they just make you look bad no matter how good your work is.

What is it they say about wrestling with a pig?

RE:Whats new with the AFA ?????? 12 Jul 2010 15:47 #24

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
Mike Ferrara wrote:
...I did a great job at what nobody cared about and I failed to give them what they wanted.

Excellent point and one of the toughest aspects of business. Reading the customer!

Cheers,
Mark
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• DogwoodFarm birthday is today
  • DressageReine birthday is today
  • ElCamino birthday is today
  • FarrierNTexas birthday is today
  • mark_jakopak birthday is today
  • Matt McMicken birthday is today
  • Matt_McMicken birthday is today
  • docsvoodoochic birthday is in 1 day
  • Ishoem4u birthday is in 1 day
  • JessyJay birthday is in 1 day
  • min54teresa birthday is in 1 day
  • TWH-BILL birthday is in 1 day
  • flossie55 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.