make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday August 17, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Joing the FHRC co-op... or not.

Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 18 Oct 2009 19:39 #1

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Earlier in the week I had been discussing with my fiance about joining the co-op because I wanted to support Horseshoes.com because I feel like its a great resource and communication tool that I use quite a bit. I've learned a lot on this forum and have made some friends in the nearly 6 years I've been a member. It has really changed my outlook on farriery.

Unfortunately in the last few days I have been considering changing my mind because the policies being implemented on this forum are become a bit silly, and removal of posts of good quality because the poster did not obey the theatrical ever changing rules is getting a bit annoying.

First of all just let me say that Baron owns and operates this site and for the most part does a pretty decent job. Sometimes navigation through the main site can be a bit confusing and cumbersome, but it has come a long way and one can find what they are looking for. Also this being Barons forum he does and should have the right to set the servers on fire if he wants to, let alone pick through the posts as he wishes.

With that said, the policies like sensoring words like S-T-U-P-I-D, R-A-P-E (which messes with words that contain those 4 letters) and a host of other non-inflammatory and non-offensive words is completely silly. Now I understand censoring certain 4 letter type of words, but the the censoring has gone batty. Its like being on a PC talk show. What makes this even worse is the fact that the censored words displayed as ***** can lead to some confusion as to what was really said. It could look as if the person had intended to write something inflammatory or vulgar when he really just used a harmless word. The amount of words censored is just silly and slightly disrupting.

But I guess what has really ticked me off is the Name thing. Now I'm sure a lot of you are thinking 'whats the problem with giving out your name, you got something to hide' point of fact is that I've never hidden my name from anyone and have posted my full name several times in the forum. And if asked by anyone I dont have a problem giving my name to anyone if they ask me. This is nothing like the ridiculous situation that was posted in the New rules thread involving someone on a podium with a bag over their head and not giving their name whilst telling the word how to shoe horses. Far from it.

This policy is so silly and counter productive on so many levels.

A) No one takes what is written here as gospel, and if any information is missleading it is quickly followed up by a good rebuittle with verifiable information from several.

B) How excactly is a real name going to make a difference in ANY of the problems here on the forum? It wont.

C) It is IMPOSABLE to verify real names on the forum, its security theater. It opens the door for people to use fake names and for people to THINK that they are real names. Not to mention the use of other peoples names.

D) People share similar names, while this may sound silly I actually know two farriers with the same name one is a magnificent farrier, the other is terrible.

E) not only is it impossible but Its also a hard rule to implement because new folks are bit weary to join and give their name. Not all people are equivalent in their social ability and insecurity. And some wont realize they have to and good constructive posts will be deleted.

I know this is true because I have spoke with several farriers who read the forums but do not participate because they dont want to post something up, or ask a question, get ripped to shred and then have their clients read about it and they come out looking like jackass...

--

I feel like I've been a good contributing member to this forum for the nearly 6 years I've been on here and no one has had a problem with what I've said or done. But suddenly the rules change and by no action of my own my posts that are just as valid as they have been in the past are being deleted. All because of an ever changing set of rules that at times have no depth or real point.

I'm not completely withdrawing my support for the board but at this time I'm still not sure whether I will be joining the co-op and participate in the online hoof conference.

-Josh

P.s. my last name is Noone.
The topic has been locked.

RE:Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 18 Oct 2009 20:11 #2

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
Josh,
Now would be a good time to fall to your knees and pray that this is your biggest problem for the rest of the month.

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain

RE:Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 18 Oct 2009 20:18 #3

• SlowShoe
  • Master
Bill Adams wrote:
Josh,
Now would be a good time to fall to your knees and pray that this is your biggest problem for the rest of the month.

Its the only one thats made me cry Bill.

;)

The big problem is that its actually snowing pretty good outside right now!!

RE:Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 18 Oct 2009 20:45 #4

I have been posting with my full name from the beginning. :D
or at least since '01.

I'm not worried about, what security risk, or what have you.
This is open to the world, and like all of my websites splash my name and my phone #
I get hit from 85 countries monthly on my websites
I do not reveal my year of birth, nor my street address, for security.
I have never had a problem

On Horseshoes, I have been questioned about what I have said,
attacked on what I have said,
and come to resolution on most. :rolleyes:

I have said nothing here that I wouldn't say to any of my clients,
If they come by here, they will see a consistency in my thoughts and words.
They will also see that just like with them,
if I make a mistake, I will apologize/ask4,4giveness

Leave the verification to Baron

What the What, is your real problem Josh ???? :confused:

This conferance is going to be worth the money, :cool:
don't loose out man.

Maybe just don't post for a while . . . ????
Bradley SaintJohn

RE:Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 18 Oct 2009 21:53 #5

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
The issue of having farriers in the FHF forums take credit for their posts by using their real full names isn't new. Actually I've been receiving requests to implement that policy for many years. It's no one's fault but my own that it wasn't done sooner, and I freely acknowledge that it was a mistake on my part resisting it for so long. I used the "crutch" that the internet is supposed to have as few constraints and limits as possible, yadda, yadda, yadda.... It took a couple of trips to the woodshed, in the form of letters and discussions with people whom I highly respect (and I know ya'll would respect as well), to get it through my thick head that if people won't take attribution for the advice they give, those reading it give it little credence. Since these forums are used by so many as one of their primary sources for exchanging and sharing information, the value of the information provided should be given as high a level of credibility as possible. And that starts with the person who dispenses the advice by, at the very least, taking credit for it.

Had I implemented this policy years ago, when first urged to, it wouldn't even be a topic for discussion today. It would be second nature. But old habits are hard to break, and I understand the "pushback" being received from some people. I fully expected it. Changing habits, even small ones, is never easy. But I know it's a good policy, the right policy, and it has already raised the level of discourse and stature of these forums. My belated thanks to those who "opened my eyes."

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 18 Oct 2009 22:08 #6

• Bill Adams
  • Master
SlowShoe wrote:
Its the only one thats made me cry Bill.

;)

The big problem is that its actually snowing pretty good outside right now!!

So this will be an opportunity for positive outcomes on both fronts.
First your crying will fulfill the requirement in both musical and farriery success regarding the mandatory "blood, sweat, and tears".
With the snow piling up outside, first aid for your new avatar stunt is now available.

Baron, spot on. When certain names come up on a post I find I give more attention and credence to some, as there name is established and credible. I have seen others grow in knowledge and establish a respected name here as well as the opposite.

RE:Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 18 Oct 2009 22:39 #7

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Bill Adams wrote:
...When certain names come up on a post I find I give more attention and credence to some, as there name is established and credible...

Precisely. Really, who wants their posts categorized into the same level of credibility as Just passin through's posts had? No one that I know....

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 18 Oct 2009 22:47 #8

• SlowShoe
  • Master
Cyber Farrier wrote:
the value of the information provided should be given as high a level of credibility as possible.

I guess I dont see what that has to do with attaching your or someone else's name to a post does. If someone is known in the industry and was posting something I'd think they would attach their name.

Cyber Farrier wrote:
And that starts with the person who dispenses the advice by, at the very least, taking credit for it.

Fair enough.

Cyber Farrier wrote:
Baron

ummm......

RE:Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 18 Oct 2009 22:48 #9

• SlowShoe
  • Master
Bradley-1stChoice wrote:
What the What, is your real problem Josh ???? :confused:

The problem is that there is no real point to forcing everyone to put their name at the end of each post. Why? If people want to know someones name, just ask. If they are forced to give one and truly want to stay anonymous they can just enter the forum with a fake name.

Bill Adams wrote:
With the snow piling up outside, first aid for your new avatar stunt is now available.

Fortunately thats not a picture of me, i scabbed it off the net. :)

RE:Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 18 Oct 2009 22:50 #10

• SlowShoe
  • Master
On a related note, I do have to say Baron is and does generally act with an air of civility and generally does not go off the handle on a power trip deleting large parts of the horseshoeing inter-web.

Thanks for handling front on criticism like you do.

RE:Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 18 Oct 2009 22:53 #11

• SlowShoe
  • Master
Cyber Farrier wrote:
Precisely. Really, who wants their posts categorized into the same level of credibility as Just passin through's posts had? Noone that I know....

Baron

See this is what I mean your just using my last name all the time now!

:D

My biggest problem is that I have a google alerts system tied to my name, its to keep track of media mentions of my name involving my side gig. Its tied in with an agency and it gets really screwed up with off hits and such. maybe I can find someway to appease lord moderator and avoid this glitch...

RE:Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 18 Oct 2009 22:56 #12

• SlowShoe
  • Master
Baron,
Now your latest deletion of my post was not only RIDICULOUS but completely hypocritical. You deleted a post where I replied to a guy who has never used his full name, yet you didnt even mention it. I am not trying to be a tattle-tale, im trying to point out hos ridiculous this is.

j. Noone

RE:Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 18 Oct 2009 23:12 #13

• halfmiler
josh,have you noticed that the forum is moving really slow since these new rules were implmented?
J.M.Shrader
“Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies the grace of Linux, which just tells me they have never seen a angry penguin charging at them in excess of 100 mph.” Linus Torvalds

RE:Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 18 Oct 2009 23:15 #14

• SlowShoe
  • Master
halfmiler wrote:
josh,have you noticed that the forum is moving really slow since these new rules were implmented?

Honestly I have not noticed a shift in forum activity. Could be because I tend not to notice much.

RE:Joing the FHRC co-op... or not. 19 Oct 2009 00:28 #15

• Bill Adams
  • Master
" J. Noone
fine I did it."

Josh, it's good to see someone overcome obstacles in their life.

Kunena Birthday Module

• Aaron Roberts birthday is today
  • David Gill birthday is in 1 day
  • Jerry Downs birthday is in 1 day
  • my_quantum birthday is in 1 day
  • Omega Donisi birthday is in 1 day
  • Donald Ruff birthday is in 364 days
  • Richard Jamison birthday is in 364 days
  • RiversideBoy birthday is in 364 days
  • SteppinOnTheFrog birthday is in 364 days
  • Zach Osborn birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.