make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday May 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA

From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 22 May 2009 14:58 #1

Hello out there I am Ralph Casey, the guy that always seems everyone is shooting at. I have never gotten on this thing and said a whole lot. Recently I took the time to read comments and statements about such things as how the BWFA is run, how my school is run, how the research center is run. What is that hydraulic table doing down there? No student will be able to buy one when he gets out of school. Just regular BS.

Now that I am semi-retired, as long as you keep your question civil without the BS, I will be more than happy to answer your questions. It is sort of like this boys and girls. I am almost 70 years old, I don’t know everything but I do know this, if you want to know something for fact go to the horse's mouth and you just might get the truth. Then if you don't like what you hear or see I guess we all know what your option is, it is called kick butt and take names. Now enough bull on with the show.

A few rules, I will not bash people. I will not run down any horseshoer that includes the cowboy shoer. If you would like a history of what cowboy shoers can do for you and why you enjoy this wonderful trade, I would be more than happy to enlighten you. If you would like to know why I have never joined the AFA I would be more than happy to tell you that but I will not run down the AFA.

I will agree we all have freedom of speech. That includes me, but I do not have the freedom to run down other horseshoeing schools, other farrier associations or people in general. I will only answer questions that are asked appropriately. I will take one hour a week out of my not so busy schedule and try my best to give you the most honest answer I can. Okay boys, you've got the floor. Fire Away!

Thank you very much
Ralph Casey
The topic has been locked.

RE:From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 22 May 2009 15:56 #2

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Hello Ralph! Why do you think so many rumors fly around about your certification being a joke? I don't know anything about it. Although I've never heard one good thing about it. Rumors always fly, but they usually have good and bad responses. Not just bad.

http://www.horseshoes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176

Thanks,
Bill

RE:From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 22 May 2009 16:03 #3

RalphCasey wrote:
I will be more than happy to answer your questions.
Hey Ralph,

I have a few questions. Kelly Case came up here and claimed that the BWFA had gathered sufficient evidence to support a slander/liable litigation with the AFA and several of the past presidents. Is this true or is Mr. Case bloviating?

Mr. Case also has asserted that the BWFA Board of directors was being reshaped to include more litigious members and that it is their intent to begin litigation against those that have offended the BWFA as purportedly documented above. Is this true or is Mr. Case stating things out of context?

Your insights on this issue would be most interesting.
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...

RE:From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 22 May 2009 23:28 #4

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Ralph, here's a serious question for you. Why do you have a bunch of images rotating on your website covering all the links?

RE:From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 23 May 2009 01:54 #5

• Rick Talbert
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
1) Why does the BWFA website say in one section that the BWFA (or BFA) was founded in 1901. Then in another section it lists yourself as the founding member of the BWFA in 1989? What is the link if any to the older association?
2) Why is there a puppet show on you TV program? And why are there so many breaks in the program and so little actual information?
3) Does the BWFA actually have over 8,000 members who have paid their dues for 2009, or is this number figured in some other way? If yes, then why do you think such a small percentage of that 8,000 bother to make the trip to the convention?
4) Would you say that all of your testing standards have been adhere-ed to rigidly over the years? Are the rumors of students being told that they could pay more money and leave with a journeyman certificate, just rumors?
5) Would you say that the standards of the BWFA's journeyman exam is compareable or on par with the other associations standards of testing.
6) Who were the testers who examined you for the Master Farrier level, in the association that you founded? Did you find this test difficult? Do you think they would have failed you if you did not pass the standard? What year did you take the test?
7) What are your views as to how much anatomy should be taught to the farrier student while in school?
8) What new information ever came from the following a horse with a camera on a track? I remember you had a shoe that could be manipulated. What discoveries were made from all this?
9) How many students have graduated from your school since its founding in 1988? Of these students, who would be some you would list as being your top all time students who really went off and established very successful farrier businesses? Who are a few of the more successful farriers, whom we may recognize their names?
7)Do you think that the your school being named horseshoeing school of the year so many times, by the association you founded is just a coincidence or could there be any bias?
8) Has your school ever been named horseshoeing school of the year while you were president of the association handing out this award?
9) What do you feel is the veterinarians role when it comes to hoof related lameness issues?
10) Do you feel that there are farrier schools in the U.S. that are not doing an adequate enough job at preparing students to be successful?
11) What is your opinion on "Natural Balance" shoeing?
12) Since you brought it up, I will ask, Why have you never joined the AFA, and I thought I saw you in a photo with Dave Ferguson exchanging checks for membership dues to each other's associations? Did you not actually join? Was that just a photo op?
I think these are fair questions, and I think I was not impolite or rude in the manner in which I phrased them, so I am looking forward to your response. Maybe I have things figured wrong and you can convince me and some others with these same questions otherwise. Thank you for offering to answer questions on this site. That in itself deserves some respect.
Rick Talbert
Rick Talbert

RE:From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 23 May 2009 03:45 #6

• westtxshoer
  • Very Senior Member
I think my question is simple, but you may find it hard to answer.

I graduated from Texas State Horsehoeing School in 1995. My instructor was a certified "Master" farrier by your organization. Yet, he portrayed to us that this certification was less than admirable and that our (the students) future membership in the BWFA was less than encouraged.

Can you explain to me why a certified "Master Farrier" by the BWFA would feel that way about the organization?
RJ Little
Merkel, Texas
817-341-9857

"I ain't askin' nobody for nuthin', if I can't get it on my own." - Charlie Daniels

RE:From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 23 May 2009 04:41 #7

• SlowShoe
  • Master
Ralph, I have to say thats pretty good of you to come in here and offer up a Q&A about your organization.

I hope we can all keep it civil.

RE:From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 26 May 2009 00:22 #8

• Scott Chaney
  • Contributing Member
Hey Ralph,
Tell me...how is it helping the industry when you have scantily clad babes on TV hoilding your horse and it takes you 20 trips to the anvil (or so it seemed) to adjust a shoe for a mule and it didn't come any cloiser to fitting at the end than it did when you first started...and you pronounce it a success?

How is it you jagged the public into believing that applying hoof repair to a dished foot's dish would give the appearance of a normal foot, what on earth were you thinking when you deliberately trimmed a horse so far out of whack and galloped it off under duress until it fell...filming the entire incident...
But most importantly....where in the heck do you get enough money to run such a TV show and what are you doing that the AFA can't seem to do?
We need some credible shoeing demonstrations to educate the public and I can't for the life of me understand how it is you are so successful at TV and the AFA is so abismal.
A shame, really.
'ppreciate the effort though.....

RE:From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 26 May 2009 01:27 #9

• Rick Talbert
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Scott Chaney wrote:
Hey Ralph,
Tell me...how is it helping the industry when you have scantily clad babes on TV hoilding your horse
whoa whoa whoa whoa, what??? I must disagree, I have not seen this but I am all for it! This is one thing I have noooo problem with.
Rick Talbert

RE:From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 26 May 2009 02:00 #10

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Ralph;

I have met you in person and found you to be a most comfortable person to be around and engaging in a conversation.

With you semi retired what lays ahead for the BWFA.
What are, if any, changes that will take effect, be different than how you lead the association.

The question of the BWFA Certification not having validity has been a strong under current for years.
The suggestion that certifications have been bought has been a strong under current for years
The actual comparison of quality of a BWFA certified farrier
to other certified farriers in the Guild or the AFA has been a bone of contention for years.

Now in all fairness, a farriers success, regardless of his/her begining lays totally on the shoulders and desire of the individual.

Years back I took your exam and am a BWFA certified CJF II. (you were my tester)
In my opinion I failed it, according to my personal standards I set for myself today were I to take a CJF testing .
Certificate is in a frame in my office. I also am a payed life membership.

I have served briefly as a committe Chair in the AFA.
I founded and was the 1rst President of the Vermont Farriers Assoc. (now AFA chapter #64) for four years.
We put on forging contests and educational clinics and coming up our first AFA certification.
I have built a reputable Drafthorse shoeing business.
I promote the AFA and the Guild.
I attend many clinics yearly and have been a speaker at the Hoof Summit and a speaker and clinician at the 25th annual Farriers Conference held at Cornell university.
I have a successful schooling DVD selling all over the USA and Canada.

Yet with all of this I have never felt I actually earned my certification with the BWFA.
I believe in my heart you have always had the best intentions and your skills at promotion have been admired by many. (as previously said: Why can't the AFA do this ?)

Would you please take some time and explain the why's and what for's of your certification.
Can you show us in your words that it is something to be proud of and has validity..
(I would have liked to been proud of it)
To carry the title of CJF is a badge earned and looked up to by many farriers.
It carries a responcibility of being a leader in our trade.

Is it possible to be certified CJF in one assoc. and not be somehow comprable to other CJF's of other association's ?
Will the BWFA work on this so their certification will allow BWFA farriers to be afforded the same respect CJF's of the Guild and the AFA recieve ?

respectfully;
Bruce Matthews AFA #1300 BWFA # 01344
Northeast Drafthorse Shoeing
1719 Center rd
Hyde Park, Vermont 05655
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 26 May 2009 04:22 #11

• clinkercjf
Ralph, If I am not mistaken I saw a picture of you and Dave Ferguson exchangeing checks for dues. Yours for a membership in the AFA and his for a membership in the BWFA.

Also where do you get your membership numbers? Mine was 329 just a couple of years ago. I cant imagine the BWFA aquiring nearly 8000 members in just a couple of years.

clinker
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. Louis Hector Berlioz

Troy Ehrmantraut, CJF
2002 Journeyman Practical High Score Award.

RE:From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 26 May 2009 07:50 #12

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Gday Ralph
Mate Ive gotta hand it to you olson you've got to nave a hippopotamic:eek: set of gurrers to come on here like that
or the hide of a crock
just thought Id get that in before our Baron has to lock up
good on ya yeah ;)
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 26 May 2009 14:12 #13

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Red I hope Baron doesn't have to lock up these postings.

I honestly hope that EVERYONE who posts on here will do so with respect and show themselves as responcible, respectable and honorable persons through their own writing and questions.

Here is a chance to have a SIT DOWN with a person who has been the gist of many a conversation.
HERE is a chance to civily discuss things that have been whined about for more years than I can remember.

If folks screw this opportunity up then they have NO right to keep p-i-ssing and moaning from here on in.

Is it better to try and understand something through conversation like adults or will it be a bunch of children MORE INTERESTED in continueing to kick and throw dirt.

IT is OK to disagree IT is OK to have differences of opinion
Ralph has posted on here willing to answer any and all questions IF they are presented in a civil manner.

PLEASE LETS be ADULTS and keep this thread going.

OUR trade will be going through changes in years to come and we need to become solidified with respect for each other.
Seperation caused the war between the states. Lets end this war between associations
and become farriers who represent a Proud TRADE and have learned to share and work together...

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 26 May 2009 15:24 #14

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Bruce,

I noted that earlier Mr. Casey was on line and viewing this thread. Yet he chose not to even begin to answer the questions posed to him, something he said he would do. This does not argue favorably for his credibility or honesty. I hope I am wrong. Regardless, since you are a life member of the BWFA, perhaps you should contact Mr. Casey and try to prevail upon him to honor his written commitment to the members and non-members alike of this website/forum.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:From Ralph Casey, President of the BWFA 26 May 2009 15:31 #15

Mr. Ralph;

You and I have talked in the past.
Getting the general JQ public to understand that you have to have schooling and certification is a good thing you have done over the years. This has been a good thing.:)
Also, the AFA certification, the Guild, ect; is what is needed to educate the public. Of course, the Union has been mainly for platers in the past; but that has all changed in this new 21st century, and is open all farriers/trainers/owners, reguardless of any other association that they want to be with, as well.

Eventhough, we disagree on licencing issue; we need a better plan for ALL horseshoers.

Farrier Education is the key; and to have it just like any other degree taken in college. Getting the farrier schools on a college level degree program and then some sort of certification with licencing afterwards.

Farrier Science needs to upgraded to a more professional/trade status which will benefit in the long run the horse, the trainer, the owner, and especially the farrier, themselves.

Thank-you................Linda Marie, IUJH:)

Kunena Birthday Module

• JWHORSESHOEING birthday is today
  • TheCircleT birthday is today
  • THOROBREDS birthday is today
  • Chris Daniel birthday is in 1 day
  • FordWayFarm birthday is in 1 day
  • Hillbilly898 birthday is in 1 day
  • songlyrics32F075 birthday is in 363 days
  • SonnysMom birthday is in 363 days
  • Rude_n_Ugly birthday is in 364 days
  • Russ in WI birthday is in 364 days
  • Tcasey1968 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.