make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday June 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Improvement Clinics held for all organizations

RE:Improvement Clinics held for all organizations 29 Mar 2009 14:40 #136

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
Rick Burten

So Tom, one might imply from your stated position, that you, because you did not take the state boards to become a doctor, lawyer, accountant, plumber, electrician, etc ad naseum, have failed, correct?

Incorrect. I'm not qualified by either education or experience to take any of the aforementioned tests.

You failed to qualify for the tests but that still leaves the tests undone so you failed to take them.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Improvement Clinics held for all organizations 29 Mar 2009 15:03 #137

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Mike Ferrara in gray

The AFA apparently aims to base the evaluation on the physical properties of the object and the clock. If the parametrics are adequately specified and reliably measured, it could be objective...but it isn't.

The parameters of the AFA's tests are standardized, published and clearly delineated. Each testee's adherence to the stated parameters is quantified as objectively as humanly possible according to rigid evaluation criteria; furthermore, the testing criteria for every test at every level are exactly alike. Fair for one, fair for all.

Further, in order to be useful, the test must flag failure modes that of concerned to those who are intended to make use of the test results.

Nonsense. While you can decry their usefulness, apparently on the basis of your lack of personal experience, the tests are extremely useful as an indicator of one's ability to shoe to a standard. No one is required to take the tests, they're strictly voluntary; thus, in order to make the tests useful to the industry, the AFA has only make owners aware that they have a choice between a farrier who has passed a standardized test, a farrier who has failed a standardized test, and someone who has, for whatever reason, failed to take a standardized test.

For reasons that should be apparent, it kinda tickles me that anyone would take umbrage at the AFA's making the industry aware of these possibilities.

This might explain why most farriers and horse owners don't care.

LMAO! Your insularity is showing again. While I haven't canvassed most farriers - and you haven't either - I can state without fear of contradiction that most horse owners are blissfully unaware of either the AFA and its testing procedures.

Since their judgment is not highly sought after, the AFA should at least consider the possibility that they are not viewed as expert.

The view of folks with an ax to grind is prone to be a bit jaundiced, but you might want to check the creds of folks within the industry who hold the AFA's testing procedures in fairly high regard. :)
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:Improvement Clinics held for all organizations 29 Mar 2009 15:18 #138

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
Mike Ferrara

You failed to qualify for the tests but that still leaves the tests undone so you failed to take them.

Congratulations, you finally got it!

If, for any reason, I fail to meet the qualifications for taking a farrier test (Too old, too young, too fat, too whatever), my lack of qualifications preclude my taking the test and I can truthfully say, "I failed to take the test." :)
Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:Improvement Clinics held for all organizations 29 Mar 2009 16:20 #139

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
Mike Ferrara in gray

The AFA apparently aims to base the evaluation on the physical properties of the object and the clock. If the parametrics are adequately specified and reliably measured, it could be objective...but it isn't.

The parameters of the AFA's tests are standardized, published and clearly delineated. Each testee's adherence to the stated parameters is quantified as objectively as humanly possible according to rigid evaluation criteria; furthermore, the testing criteria for every test at every level are exactly alike. Fair for one, fair for all.

No. The parameters (at least some of them) are not clearly specified and hence, cannot be repeatably and reliably measured.

In matters of specification, test and measurement, the AFA would save themselves a lot of headaches by consulting with someone who knows something about this stuff.

Further, in order to be useful, the test must flag failure modes that of concerned to those who are intended to make use of the test results.

Nonsense. While you can decry their usefulness, apparently on the basis of your lack of personal experience, the tests are extremely useful as an indicator of one's ability to shoe to a standard.

No. My point is that horse owners don't care about the standard. They need the horse to perform. If the horse performs to their expectations, they will put up with a crooked nail line, a non-smooth clinch, a non-perfectly flat shoe or foot and so on. The AFA isn't measuring what the owner is interested in. The shoeing can meet AFA "standards" yet fail to give the horse what it needs. Thus, the failure modes of most concern to the owner have not been tested for.

There's nothing wrong with testing the criteria they test but it's not enough to interest very many farriers or owners.

Farriers on the other hand can just look at the shoe, foot, finish ect and judge for themselves (or choose someone to look or hire someone to look ect)whether it's flat enough, smooth enough, fit as they intended ect. No help from the AFA is required.

For reasons that should be apparent, it kinda tickles me that anyone would take umbrage at the AFA's making the industry aware of these possibilities.

I don't take unbrage at the AFA doing anything they want to do. I'm just not going to pay them to do it.

This might explain why most farriers and horse owners don't care.

LMAO! Your insularity is showing again. While I haven't canvassed most farriers - and you haven't either - I can state without fear of contradiction that most horse owners are blissfully unaware of either the AFA and its testing procedures.

No, I haven't canvassed most farriers or owners but we know that most farriers are not AFA members or AFA certified and that most owners aren't using AFA certified farriers.

As to most owners being unaware, I haven't seen any evidence of that. I can tell you that I know many who are aware of it and don't care...including those who have replaced certified farriers with non-certified farriers.

Since their judgment is not highly sought after, the AFA should at least consider the possibility that they are not viewed as expert.

The view of folks with an ax to grind is prone to be a bit jaundiced, but you might want to check the creds of folks within the industry who hold the AFA's testing procedures in fairly high regard. :)

Well, those on both the pro and con sides may have an exe to grind. You sure sound like you have one. We can also check the creds of those who don't hold the AFA in very high regard.

Regardless of what you want to attribute it to, niether the AFA or it's certification program have gone over very well. I don't see any evidence that they are doing anything about it so I wouldn't expect it to go any differently in the future.

RE:Improvement Clinics held for all organizations 29 Mar 2009 16:23 #140

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
Mike Ferrara

Congratulations, you finally got it!

LOL, I "got it" all along. It's just that it's goofy word usage...evidence of the axe you're grinding maybe.

RE:Improvement Clinics held for all organizations 29 Mar 2009 20:58 #141

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
Mike Ferrara in gray

LOL, I "got it" all along.

You certainly had me fooled! For a while there, I thought you didn't know the difference between transitive and intransitive.

It's just that it's goofy word usage...

Tsk! I suppose it promising that you've made the leap from disingenuous to goofy, but it appears you still have a way to go.

evidence of the axe you're grinding maybe.

The ax I'm grinding has to do with prodding the AFA into letting folks know they have a choice. Can you guess what that choice might be? :)
Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:Improvement Clinics held for all organizations 30 Mar 2009 16:47 #142

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
The ax I'm grinding has to do with prodding the AFA into letting folks know they have a choice.
Thus far everyone in the AFA who has been in a "position of power" where they could impliment "letting folks know they have a choice," has FAILED to do so. This includes some who have "promised" to do so, announced their intentions to do so, and then once (supposedly) given the power/opportunity, failed to deliver.

With all the promises and announced intentions failing on delivery, there must be some obstacle or recurring circumstantial concidence or higher, more urgent (or relevant:confused:) priority which allows the AFA to fail to let folks know they have a choice.
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

RE:Improvement Clinics held for all organizations 30 Mar 2009 17:29 #143

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
The salient point is that unless the criteria for a test are the same, no matter how subjective or objective its evaluation, some testees get the gold mine, while others get the shaft.

Unless every testee is required to run the same distance, jump the same height, shoe to the same standard, poot the same chorus of Flight of the Bumblebee, etc., a test is pretty much meaningless in terms of evaluating performance because the results are inherently inconclusive.
Agreed. Especially considering that they do not all shoe the same horse. They can refuse a horse, but the next one could be worse. Thus some testees get the gold mine, while others get the shaft. The horse will have an effect on the score - it always does, and anything done to account for the horse's affect on the score is a subjective judgement call including blood drawn by a candidate (Chapter 7, Rule 24).

Use of power tools is at examiner's discretion (Rule 25). Gold mine or shaft? It is a timed exam. Power tools provide a significant advantage on the clock and on cosmetic finish scores.

All scoreing . . . 8,6,4 varying degrees of errors which could be corrected without causing harm . . . totally subjective.

Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances.

Pass or fail, gold mine or shaft, fair or not, you will learn something because nobody ever gets a perfect score and everybody ALWAYS has room to improve. :cool:
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

Kunena Birthday Module

• frothies birthday is today
  • hatcher barry birthday is today
  • Felda5032 birthday is in 1 day
  • James L Duncan birthday is in 1 day
  • magicfingers birthday is in 1 day
  • Mike Chaffin birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.