make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday January 23, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AFA Scoring - Subject/ Objective?

RE:AFA Scoring - Subject/ Objective? 17 Mar 2009 00:45 #31

• cuttinshoer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
BS-Horseshoeing wrote:
This scenario should not happen. If the tester can't be impartial then they should excuse themselves from scoring that person's horse.

Case in point, the cert. I attended a year ago had Dave Ferguson as the examiner and he ended up being the person scoring my practical along with another tester. Dave and I had a bit of a rough history before that time. We had argued quite a bit on here as well as the AFA site when it was working over leadership issues while he was president. I knew this going in but he didn't realize it until I had already started the practical portion. At that point he had the tester question me about the fact we had a history and if I liked, Dave would excuse himself from scoring my test and have another tester take his place. I said I didn't have a problem if Dave didn't, and that I expected him to do his job as it was suppose to be done per the AFA regulations for examiners. I figured that if he was a man of his word and really believed in the cert. process he would do an impartial job. That he did and low and behold I passed that section of the cert.

So, I guess what I'm saying is that if the examiners and testers can't be impartial and leave their personal feelings out of the scoring process, then they shouldn't be examiners or testers.

That shows what kind of person Dave is and good for him but everyone in this world is not always the same. I was using that scenario to compare to the comment about horse show judges and did not mean it as directed toward examiners. I think the idea of multiple examiners which someone else mentioned and throwing out the high and low scores may be the fairest way to insure that scenario does not happen.

Justin Decker
Justin Decker

"As I see it, good enough is never good enough, it's just an excuse for mediocrity. If every shoeing ain't worth your best shot, you're just going through the motions." Tom Stovall, CJF
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:AFA Scoring - Subject/ Objective? 17 Mar 2009 01:43 #32

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
cuttinshoer in gray

These same people that enter these competitions also do a very good job picking what judge likes their horse or style, and they enter in the shows where those judges are so they can win and not lose any money.

If you say it happens with the horse show set, I guess it does - but I never passed up a rodeo because of a judge; furthermore, I don't know anyone who ever did.

I studied my butt off three years ago to take the CF but due to my back on a good day I might make time, on an average day I won't, I didn't want to take the chance of losing my money.

Fair enough, but that doesn't have damn-all to do with the fairness of the test's evaluation.

Having said that lets say hypothetically I know Rick Burten and he likes my work, but Tom Stovall on the other hand doesn't care a whole lot for it. Which one do you think I'm going to go take my test with.

Assuming we are typical AFA judges, whether Rick or I "like" the work you've done in the past is irrelevant to today's judging. I think I can speak for both of us when I say the ONLY work that would have ANY influence on our evaluation would be the work you've done on the test horse - and I sincerely hope that would be the case, no matter who had the pencil!

That to me diminishes all the credibility of the test.

If favoritism exists, it diminishes the credibility of the testers, not the test.

I have never taken a test in my life where scoring could be changed after the fact.

You've never rode rough stock. :)

I don't have any farrier credentials after my name, but I am a NCCO Certified Crane Operator, Certified Forklift Operator, and OSHA Competent Person in the excavating and building industry, not sure if their right on that one, but I passed the test:D, so I have taken a couple of different certification tests and you either pass or you don't.

To my knowledge, the AFA's tests are pass/fail.

Why can their not be a test where you determine what size shoe your going to use for the horse, and set standards of break over goes here, x amount of expansion, proper nailing and finishing, x amount of shoe past buttress, x-ray to see how close to balance they are, etc. and if your of x amount of millimeters either way you get deducted. And if that shoes not right for the horse you get to see how good they are at pulling shoes.

Without standardized criteria and rigid guidelines for quantification, there is no possibility of objective evaluation.
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:AFA Scoring - Subject/ Objective? 17 Mar 2009 03:43 #33

• clinkercjf
Tom, You stated that you got your CJF in 1983? Did you ever update? If not and I am not mistaken, you can't be a tester now.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. Louis Hector Berlioz

Troy Ehrmantraut, CJF
2002 Journeyman Practical High Score Award.

RE:AFA Scoring - Subject/ Objective? 17 Mar 2009 03:45 #34

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
Tom, you need to relook at the test score sheet there are three sections. Each broken down in to individual areas that are scored on a scale of 1 - 10. When a section is completed the points are added togeather to optain an over all score for that section. When the test is complete all the sections are added together to get a final score. One has to have a total score of 196 min to pass the test.
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:AFA Scoring - Subject/ Objective? 17 Mar 2009 04:06 #35

• cuttinshoer
  • Master
Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
cuttinshoer in gray new stuff in black

These same people that enter these competitions also do a very good job picking what judge likes their horse or style, and they enter in the shows where those judges are so they can win and not lose any money.

If you say it happens with the horse show set, I guess it does - but I never passed up a rodeo because of a judge; furthermore, I don't know anyone who ever did.

It happens in halter and wp in Indiana a lot.

I studied my butt off three years ago to take the CF but due to my back on a good day I might make time, on an average day I won't, I didn't want to take the chance of losing my money.

Fair enough, but that doesn't have damn-all to do with the fairness of the test's evaluation.

I posted that so I wouldn't get slammed for not stepping up and taking the test, which I haven't yet but maybe someday I can. evidently it didn't work

Having said that lets say hypothetically I know Rick Burten and he likes my work, but Tom Stovall on the other hand doesn't care a whole lot for it. Which one do you think I'm going to go take my test with.

Assuming we are typical AFA judges, whether Rick or I "like" the work you've done in the past is irrelevant to today's judging. I think I can speak for both of us when I say the ONLY work that would have ANY influence on our evaluation would be the work you've done on the test horse - and I sincerely hope that would be the case, no matter who had the pencil!

Yes I agree with you,Sorry for using yours and Rick's names only ones I could think of at time, I tried to cover any hard feelings by using the word Hypothetically, what I was trying to point out was the comparison of show judges to examiners, which I think you started that topic.

That to me diminishes all the credibility of the test.

If favoritism exists, it diminishes the credibility of the testers, not the test.

Yes, but in the eyes of a horse owner they may feel differently than you and is that not what you guys are trying to accomplish, more relevancy to the horse owner leading to a better organization for a farrier to belong to.

I have never taken a test in my life where scoring could be changed after the fact.

You've never rode rough stock. :)

The answer to that is yes I rode bulls until I figured out I wasn't any good at it and the reason for the great back, and then became a bullfighter for a few years,and then got smart and became a pickup man.

I don't have any farrier credentials after my name, but I am a NCCO Certified Crane Operator, Certified Forklift Operator, and OSHA Competent Person in the excavating and building industry, not sure if their right on that one, but I passed the test:D, so I have taken a couple of different certification tests and you either pass or you don't.

Crane Cert. is based same way as the AFA' cert, written plus practical. After taking the practical no one went back through and re-evaluated the scores as was discussed earlier as a problem with the AFA test, I guess I didn't word that statement correctly, and maybe it might help to set a standardized format for testing by looking at other formats outside the farrier industry that are recognized professionally across the U.S. except in Chicago.

Why can their not be a test where you determine what size shoe your going to use for the horse, and set standards of break over goes here, x amount of expansion, proper nailing and finishing, x amount of shoe past buttress, x-ray to see how close to balance they are, etc. and if your of x amount of millimeters either way you get deducted. And if that shoes not right for the horse you get to see how good they are at pulling shoes.

Without standardized criteria and rigid guidelines for quantification, there is no possibility of objective evaluation.

Is that not what I was trying to suggest.

Justin Decker
Justin Decker

"As I see it, good enough is never good enough, it's just an excuse for mediocrity. If every shoeing ain't worth your best shot, you're just going through the motions." Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:AFA Scoring - Subject/ Objective? 17 Mar 2009 11:32 #36

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Gary_Miller wrote:
Tom, you need to relook at the test score sheet there are three sections. Each broken down in to individual areas that are scored on a scale of 1 - 10. When a section is completed the points are added togeather to optain an over all score for that section. When the test is complete all the sections are added together to get a final score. One has to have a total score of 196 min to pass the test.
Furthermore, the candidate must have a passing score in each section. So for example, if a candidate is successful in section 1 of the exam, s/he continues on to section 2. If s/he does not garner enough points to meet the minimum overall passing score for that section, s/he does not get to advance to the next section.

In essence, the score sheet is a 'quality control' devise. While its purpose is laudable, that purpose becomes undermined anytime an examiner or tester changes his/her original score/evaluation on any component of any section of the score sheet. I still maintain that if the AFA wants to further tighten the objectivity of the scoring system, it would require the score sheet to be filled out in pen with no alterations/changes once a score has been recorded. Along those lines, it would be IMO a good idea to have a scribe assigned to each tester/examiner. The scribe would read to the examiner/tester, each element, one at a time, and the examiner/tester would
give a score which the scribe would record. Many examiners/testers already follow this protocol, others take an 'overall' approach and score the section under review, all at once.
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:AFA Scoring - Subject/ Objective? 17 Mar 2009 12:12 #37

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
clinkercjf in gray

Tom, You stated that you got your CJF in 1983?

Yessir.

Did you ever update?

Nossir.

If not and I am not mistaken, you can't be a tester now.

I'm not an AFA member, so the point is moot. :)
Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:AFA Scoring - Subject/ Objective? 17 Mar 2009 12:26 #38

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
Gary_Miller in gray, my old stuff in brown, stuff deleted

Tom, you need to relook at the test score sheet there are three sections...

Gary, I wrote "tests," you wrote "sections." The AFA's tests are pass/fail, meaning there are no conditions under which a testee with less than a passing score can receive a credential.
Tom Stovall, CJF

RE:AFA Scoring - Subject/ Objective? 17 Mar 2009 22:30 #39

• clinkercjf
The tests are pass/fail. 80% to pass the written and 70% to pass the practicals. Period.
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils. Louis Hector Berlioz

Troy Ehrmantraut, CJF
2002 Journeyman Practical High Score Award.

RE:AFA Scoring - Subject/ Objective? 17 Mar 2009 23:43 #40

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
With the amount of people taking the tests and the high fail rate. Having a score for each portion of each section may be a good idea.

Any candidate taking the test with his mind on points, probably has his mind in the wrong place.

A good way to get testers to learn to use the scoring system is to pick up a foot pick and brush it out and then tell them to score it.

Kunena Birthday Module

• brianriggs birthday is today
  • canditemby birthday is today
  • cwlindauer birthday is today
  • LilBitOfHeaven birthday is today
  • lonestar birthday is today
  • vincentfarley52 birthday is today
  • alminc11 birthday is in 1 day
  • DABELL24 birthday is in 1 day
  • skelemen birthday is in 1 day
  • hoofdoc28 birthday is in 364 days
  • paulblog556715DE birthday is in 364 days
  • paulc7765BA9B birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.