make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Tuesday June 28, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC?

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 14 Feb 2009 23:05 #211

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Rick Burten wrote:

For what reason, to what end?

Like I said, it's only my gut feeling. I personally feel the wcb is the best thing going. So I'd like to see our top guys go and kick some ass and prove how much the wcb raises the level. At the same time make a point to the afa brass who want nothing to do with the wcb that they will be left with a second rate comp if they stick with their outdated mentality.

Right now the wcb joining up with the afa is a win/win. In a few years, what would be the upside to for the wcb?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 14 Feb 2009 23:38 #212

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
fairweatherforge wrote:
I think the reason they go to convention to compete is because it's the AFA convention and they want to be a part of it.
Could be. But my money is if there was no competition that most of them would not be there.

fairweatherforge wrote:
I doubt the guys who just missed out on the WCB team are going to try out for the AFT.
Are you crazy another chance to make it to Calgary, why else would they compete.

fairweatherforge wrote:
I guess we'll see what happens at the convention. I don't have an inside track on anything but I get the funny feeling the top WCB guys are looking to make an impression at the convention. That's just my gut feeling, maybe I'm wrong.
Hmmmmmmm interesting.
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 14 Feb 2009 23:49 #213

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
fairweatherforge wrote:
Like I said, it's only my gut feeling. I personally feel the wcb is the best thing going.
From the feed back I have recieved I would have to agree. I look forward to a WCB compition close by so I can attend.

fairweatherforge wrote:
So I'd like to see our top guys go and kick some ass and prove how much the wcb raises the level.
I don't think would get the point across that needs to be made.

fairweatherforge wrote:
At the same time make a point to the afa brass who want nothing to do with the wcb that they will be left with a second rate comp if they stick with their outdated mentality.
The only way the AFA will be left with a second rate comp is if the WCB members don't show up to compete. Then the AFA would only be left with the second string.

fairweatherforge wrote:
Right now the wcb joining up with the afa is a win/win. In a few years, what would be the upside to for the wcb?
I saw it as a win/win when it was first proposed at the BOD meeting in New Mexico. Its to bad the AFA BOD/Leadership could not stop worshoping the "Holy Cow" long enough to look at it objectively.
Gary Miller, PF

Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 14 Feb 2009 23:51 #214

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Gary_Miller wrote:
Are you crazy another chance to make it to Calgary, why else would they compete.

Do you mean England? You don't have to be on any team to go to Calgary.

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 15 Feb 2009 00:02 #215

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
fairweatherforge wrote:
Do you mean England? You don't have to be on any team to go to Calgary.
Ok yes, I learn something everyday.
Gary Miller, PF

Gunfighter Motto

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 15 Feb 2009 00:26 #216

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Fairweather and Rick, I stand corrected on chapter status.
Fairweather I did make a few assumtions from what I have heard. I stand corrected.

I am curious who Fairweather Forge is ? Name ? If it has been said before, I missed it.
Putting a real name to a post makes me more comfortable accepting what someone else has to say. and much more comfortable reponding.

I have to get ready to go to a Valentine Dance for Cancer so will continue this later.

Tom I will post on the guild site later.

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 15 Feb 2009 01:14 #217

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
vthorseshoe....
I have to get ready to go to a Valentine Dance for Cancer so will continue this later.

Here ya go bruce somein' to warm ya up during the "High Karate" moment...

http://www.clevver.com/music/video/15735/nelly-1.html

BTW, it has good guitar pickin'!:cool:

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 15 Feb 2009 01:38 #218

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
vthorseshoe wrote:
Fairweather and Rick, I stand corrected on chapter status.
Fairweather I did make a few assumtions from what I have heard. I stand corrected.

No problem! If these are things you heard, I'd confront these people and ask them why they lied to you. Then you could ask them if they've ever even attended a wcb event.
I am curious who Fairweather Forge is ? Name ? If it has been said before, I missed it.

Nick Young via Eric Russell through google chat.
Putting a real name to a post makes me more comfortable accepting what someone else has to say. and much more comfortable reponding.

You should hold yourself accountable no matter who you're talking to! ;)

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 15 Feb 2009 03:09 #219

Gary_Miller wrote:
From the feed back I have recieved I would have to agree. I look forward to a WCB compition close by so I can attend.

I don't think would get the point across that needs to me made.

The only way the AFA will be left with a second rate comp is if the WCB member don't show up to compete. Then the AFA would only be left with the second string.

I saw it as a win/win when it was first proposed at the BOD meeting in New Mexico. Its to bad the AFA BOD/Leadership could not stop worshoping the "Holy Cow" long enough to look at it objectively.
Gary , sounds like you got it All Figured -Out! Good on you -Man, Rock On!!

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 15 Feb 2009 03:34 #220

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Nick or Eric; I always hold myself accountable at all times.

I sure would like to hear more about the WCB.
Can you fill me in so I get it correct and straight from the horses mouth ?

Where are they heading ?

What do they offer to a member ?

I got mixed impressions on the forging at the convention. Are they going to show everyone what top forgers can do or are they looking to be in a position to fill spots on the AFA forging team ?

Nick are you the one who had the avitar where the grey haired man was sitting back in his chair ?
Eric are you the one who got put on hold for a few times on this board ?

Just trying to put names to faces.

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 15 Feb 2009 03:45 #221

Martin Kenny wrote:
Hi guys, been a while since I have had a chance to get in here. Been a lot of good stuff written this week. :)

I was out in the clinic this AM and had about 15 minutes before my next client was to arrive. I noticed a note on my board to make a horse head hoof pick for a friend and took advantage of the spare time to get it made. While I was setting getting started, I thought, "Why waste the time between heats on my stock. Let's see if the old man can still make a horse shoe or not." So I found a section of steel and put it in to work on between heats on my stock for the hoof pick.

It has been tossed around on here (on more than one occasion, by more than one person) that just because I elect to shoe cold, these days, that somehow that makes me less of a Farrier. So I decided to see how it went making a shoe toady.

Now remember, that I have not made a shoe in over 6 years, and have not competed since 1987. I am posting a photo of the shoe I made this AM, just to offer that the old man can in fact still get-er-dun! It was made from COLD ROLLED 5/16 X 3/4 stock, that was rusted pretty well, (bought in 1992). Just want to warn Tom Stovall and Jaye Perry, that you will see hammer marks in the steel. Please forgive me, but it's been a while.

Took me 5 heats to make it, complete with the heel caulks. Frankly I am pretty pleased with my self!! LOL Not competitive quality, but hey the horse wouldn't care!
How about an explanation of what you would use that shoe for , and it's practical application? Nice Caulkins! I guess if it should be forged well, I missed some point.

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 15 Feb 2009 03:48 #222

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Jake Whitman wrote:
How about an explanation of what you would use that shoe for , and it's practical application? Nice Caulkins!

I was thinking that the extra creases at the toe was there because maybe forgot how to hem??

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 15 Feb 2009 04:09 #223

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
vthorseshoe wrote:
I sure would like to hear more about the WCB.
Can you fill me in so I get it correct and straight from the horses mouth ?

If you want it directly from the horses mouth either call Craig or go on their forum and ask Craig.
Where are they heading ?

Craig would be able to answer all your questions for you.
What do they offer to a member ?

Again, Craig could answer this and the website should be kind of finished soon, so I'd image a lot of your answer will be answered there.

Off the top of my head:

1. Membership allows you to attend (not participate in the competition) all wcb events. Each event has cllnics in the am the first 2 days. competition starts in the afternoon.

2. Super Clinic is free.

3, Free Clinic at Craig's house.

4. The website, forum, pic gallery, vid gallery, live chat, classifieds/auction is already free to the whole world.
I got mixed impressions on the forging at the convention. Are they going to show everyone what top forgers can do or are they looking to be in a position to fill spots on the AFA forging team ?

I'd suggest stopping by one of the events. A WCB event is quite a bit different than all other competitions.

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 15 Feb 2009 04:50 #224

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
I attended my first WCB event in Wilcox AZ two weeks ago. It was a very good time and an educational experience. I got involved as a scribe for the judges and talked to the competitors and asked a lot of questions. They were all very nice and willing to share what ever they could. The morning clinics were about forging as well as shoeing. Billy Reed did a great clinic on shoeing wet feet with clips and getting them back together. Yes we learned about making shoes, Travis Koons did a great clinic on working with concave and the different types of heels a person can use in different situations. I also watched Todd Walker show guys how to be a striker ina two man class. Not a bad deal since he had won a stonewell body for doing so well at it the year before. Stonewell also gave another one away this year to a new winner. Not a bad prize. I learned a tone about forging, many things about shoeing, and made some great friends. This is a great bunch of guys and gals. A real class act.

The locals were also very supporting showing up, asking questions, watching in awe of what those guys were doing. The locals really were amazed at the work being done and had a good time. There was a good local/horse owner turn out. All the time Craig or Bodie talk on the p.a. system explaining things going on, adding everyday application info, and entertaining. It is a well run deal and a lot of fun.

I got to meet some great people and work in the fire after the go arounds at night. I spent a couple of hours learning things from Eric Russel, yes him, and he showed me some things that have helped me with my work at the anvil. At the same time, the WCB overall world champion Travis Koons came over and helped us with running a coke fire, making heels, where to work on the horn to be more efficient, tool maintenance, and shoe making. Myself and two others from here got a two hour mini clinic that helped us greatly. Now these two younger guys are really innterested and were having hammer in every Thursday and working together during the week. We have also got some others in the area interested now and we are having fun.

I also got to meet Craig Trnka and his family. They are great people who have really gone out of there way and out on a limb and made this thing work. It a great deal and a lot of fun and they are really committed and that helps a ton.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Is the AFA relevant to the THE HORSE OWNING PUBLIC? 15 Feb 2009 10:54 #225

• tbloomer
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 20
Jaye Perry wrote:
BTW, it has good guitar pickin'!:cool:
It has a very simple 1, 4, 5, chord progression, no melody line, and all the "fancy stuff" is played on a keyboard.

Here's a real peer reviewed, "Chet Atkins Certified" guitar picker from Downunder:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYzajpeAWuA

:D
Tom Bloomer
http://blackburnforge.com
302-222-6404

Here's the deal. I'm trying to keep it simple.

Kunena Birthday Module

• Mike Chaffin birthday is today
  • shelby820 birthday is today
  • hatcher barry birthday is in 1 day
  • cowgirlup birthday is in 363 days
  • gabear67E2 birthday is in 363 days
  • AClement birthday is in 364 days
  • andreanelson birthday is in 364 days
  • dani_shoes78 birthday is in 364 days
  • Docbarhorse birthday is in 364 days
  • SherryinPA birthday is in 364 days
  • WeercerigD10C birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.