make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday August 17, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad?

Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 04:09 #1

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
I have talked to some other farriers, read some blogs, and watched some discussions taking place, and they seem to all think that what we talk about here is BS, degrading to the profession, and wrong in questioning what is going on in the profession and the AFA.

I keep wondering why having some ask questions and expect answers is such a bad thing. Why are we not suppose to know what is going on, why are we kept in the dark. I get reprimanded for asking these things, but that's ok, it get's me some answers. It just seems that we never get any info unless we start a heated discussion or question leadership. It just doesn't seem right.

Even Danvers has said in a blog that things here have gone down the toilet and he think's were all a little out of line.

I ask, Are we really doing anything wrong here? Are we being unrealistic in our expectations? Are we out of line with our discussions? Are we causing problems for the profession and making it look bad? Why are so many looking at us as if we have been the one's to do it all wrong when we are the one's talking, working, learning, and trying to make things better for the profession? Or are we really bringing the profession down as others out side the FHRC are saying?

We may bicker, we may even argue and say things about or to each other that are not quite cool or right, but we know where each other is coming from and sometimes it get's crazy, but it always get's worked out, or deleted if Baron see's fit.

I'm just trying to figure out what others feel we are doing so wrong here and they are doing so right. If they are doing so much for the profession, why the heck is this place more popular with better info? Why do more people know about the FHRC than the AFA, the BWFA, or the Guild?

Do any of you really think it's that bad here?

OK, off the soap box. Rant, rave, scream, answer, what ever, I don't care, just trying to get a little feed back.:(
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...
The topic has been locked.

RE:Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 04:56 #2

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Everything is in the eye of the beholder. In the past 6 weeks or so, ever since I took out the big stick, the general level of discourse has risen tremendously, and I get a lot of mail affirming that.

I think when you speak to someone and they are "down" on what's posted here, 98% of that is a result of what's being posted in the Political Forum. The reality is that a lot of people simply don't think it's proper for any discussion to take place about any organization, or the people running those organizations, unless it takes place in a venue controlled by the organization.

I'm sure that if only positive, wonderful, kumbaya type posts appeared concerning the organizations, everyone would be pleased as punch. Let me tell you, nothing would please me more! The core question, of whether or not to shut down the Political Forum, has more or less been decided by the feedback I received today. Although only 22 people responded publicly, many, many times that number responded privately, and the proponderance (over 95%) asked that I keep the Political Forum open. Many said they didn't want to respond publicly because they belong to one of the organizations discussed, and didn't want to be put on a "bad" list. This is news to me. Is someone keeping a bad list? It's a pretty poor state of affairs when people are afraid to voice their opinions in public because they fear possible repercussions with organizations to which they belong. Please tell me this is an urban myth.

On the other forums the atmosphere has become much friendlier. There will always be people who are a bit thin skinned, and due to the nature of communicating by words, semantic misunderstandings are inevitable. But if everyone keeps their cool, it passes and the discussion continues. The easier use of video on the revamped site will make communication easier.

The bottom line is that people vote with their eyes in cyberspace, and you've probably noticed that TFHRC is approaching 7,000 registered members. The monthly traffic, from over 100 countries world wide (from places I thought didn't even have electricity) keeps on growing. So despite the naysayers, (and I resigned myself a long time ago to the fact that there will always be naysayers), the vast majority of people, both farriers and horse owners, value what is posted here. They DO appreciate the time donated by the people who post.

I wish I could wave that magic wand and insure that there will only be "lets all hug" posts on the Political Forum. I could do that by removing all the posts that aren't of that nature. But that's not what a place for open discussion is about. Tell you what - everyone try just a bit harder, especially on the Political Forum, to stay focused on the issues and facts. I realize that sometimes the "issue" may involve specific people, but still, the level of discourse can be civil. Even when a person accused of the most heinous crimes are put on trial in this country, the atmosphere in the courtroom may be "charged," but it's still civil. If not, the judge clears the court. This forum isn't here so that any of you may be judge, jury, or the accused. It's here for discussion.

That's it for now.

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 11:15 #3

Horseshoes.com can get down and dirty sometimes. A lot of old threads that include some very personal attacks and insults are still around for people to read. I have looked at who is viewing what and reminded of some old threads that I think need to go away.

I mentioned it before, Baron can close a thread and/or delete one or two things, however many old threads with horrible discussions are still around for the whole world to read.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 11:47 #4

• reillyshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 7
BS-Horseshoeing;115733 wrote:
I ask, Are we really doing anything wrong here? Are we being unrealistic in our expectations? Are we out of line with our discussions? Are we causing problems for the profession and making it look bad? Why are so many looking at us as if we have been the one's to do it all wrong when we are the one's talking, working, learning, and trying to make things better for the profession? Or are we really bringing the profession down as others out side the FHRC are saying?

We may bicker, we may even argue and say things about or to each other that are not quite cool or right, but we know where each other is coming from and sometimes it get's crazy, but it always get's worked out, or deleted if Baron see's fit.

I'm just trying to figure out what others feel we are doing so wrong here and they are doing so right. If they are doing so much for the profession, why the heck is this place more popular with better info? Why do more people know about the FHRC than the AFA, the BWFA, or the Guild?

Do any of you really think it's that bad here?
QUOTE]

I do think it is "that bad". Unfortunately, there are people here who consider it "their job" to stir up controversy and act unprofessionally in the name of generating interest. While this site has some great information, it is often analagous to a supermarket tabloid- difficult to not peek as you pass through the checkout line, but you have to sift through a bunch of unprofessional comments to find the worthwhile stuff. Almost everyone I have met from this site has been very professional, but the irony is many seem to use this very public site to make unprofessional comments they would never make to someone in person.

I am just referring to the bulletin boards, the other resources here are extremely valuable.
P

RE:Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 12:09 #5

• TRIP HAMMER
  • Contributing Member
reillyshoe wrote:
I do think it is "that bad". Unfortunately, there are people here who consider it "their job" to stir up controversy and act unprofessionally in the name of generating interest. While this site has some great information, it is often analagous to a supermarket tabloid- difficult to not peek as you pass through the checkout line, but you have to sift through a bunch of unprofessional comments to find the worthwhile stuff. Almost everyone I have met from this site has been very professional, but the irony is many seem to use this very public site to make unprofessional comments they would never make to someone in person.

I am just referring to the bulletin boards, the other resources here are extremely valuable.

Pat,
I agree with you, when we become seduced by negative energy, we get negative results. We always have a choice to be for something or against it - that's our choice, but if we wallow in criticizing- that's not helpful and will not provide a clear picture and worthwhile stuff.

Unprofessional comments are an easy way to feel good, without any risk. It doesn't take a genious to see what is wrong, but it takes great eyesight to see what will make it right again.

John Blombach
"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet"

RE:Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 12:12 #6

reillyshoe wrote:
Almost everyone I have met from this site has been very professional, but the irony is many seem to use this very public site to make unprofessional comments they would never make to someone in person.

I have actually said toe clips suck to someone, actually a few in person. :)

Yep I can be considered very professional and unprofessional, controversial and very understanding, pot stirrer and empathetic. Been called over zealous or even better, he is just "very passionate".

Oh what a cooooky world we live in.

Exercise for everyone, think of 5 positive things last week, try to recall them as vividly as you can and start this week off on a positive note.

One thing for sure, no lack of communications on this forum.

Have a good week everyone. Your all excellent. :D:D:D
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 12:15 #7

John, as one that believes there is life after life I have to disagree with your saying in your signature block. It gets sweeter. :D
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 12:15 #8

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
reillyshoe wrote:

This site can put a farrier in a very difficult position in the real world. When you show up to shoe a horse and the owner tells you she's been reading on horseshoes.com, can we try this. Or so and so said you have to do this. Owners have every right to ask question. Farriers on here have all the time in the world to critique and offer opinions. The simple fact is most farriers on here have their skill level amped up a couple notches because of their typing skills. Can most farriers on here do the job as well as they can type the job? I have my doubts.

RE:Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 12:37 #9

• reillyshoe
  • Master
Phil Armitage wrote:
I have actually said toe clips suck to someone, actually a few in person. :)

Yep I can be considered very professional and unprofessional, controversial and very understanding, pot stirrer and empathetic. Been called over zealous or even better, he is just "very passionate".

I am not sure of the point you are making, but if you are citing yourself for unprofessional behavior in that particular thread I concur. Smitty and Craig have been two of the most cordial, professional farriers on this site ( I am referring to their behavior, not their skill as farriers) and you seem to have offended both of them in the same thread. At least we have Phil vs the World III to look forward to, good National Enquirer type stuff!
P

RE:Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 12:46 #10

• reillyshoe
  • Master
Traditional Farrier wrote:
This site can put a farrier in a very difficult position in the real world. When you show up to shoe a horse and the owner tells you she's been reading on horseshoes.com, can we try this. Or so and so said you have to do this. Owners have every right to ask question. Farriers on here have all the time in the world to critique and offer opinions. The simple fact is most farriers on here have their skill level amped up a couple notches because of their typing skills. Can most farriers on here do the job as well as they can type the job? I have my doubts.

Todd,
It is entirely possible for farriers with differing ideas of "correct" to treat each other professionally. John Blombach and I have some different ideas about many farrier related topics, yet I have the utmost respect for John. He has always been extremely professional to me in spite of our different thoughts, and I hope he thinks that I have behaved professionally towards him as well.
P

RE:Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 14:24 #11

• shadow357
  • Contributing Member

If it was not for all of the knowledge and caring people here, I would not have known that my horses (all of them) had a very serious problem due to the Farrier not caring how he trims. A week after he trimmed there was always tenderness and lameness. During the process of daily care and cleaning of the hooves we had thrush,under run heels and my yearling has the start of an incorrect trim Club foot and no she was not born that way in fact we had a farrier from this board doing our trims at one point and I consider him to be in the top 10 of the best. Tommy is no longer here on the board but, he knows my horse feet. I did give him the benefit of the doubt and tried him for the second time and things still did not look right (we are on a 6wk schedule) so I started looking for another Farrier in the mean time a friend of mine used this same guy and the one thing that I can say is that he is constant in all of his trims.

The new farrier came in last Thursday (4wks since the last trim from other guy).
and confirmed my thought (unspoken to him) it will take a couple or trims to get the yearling right.

The point I'm trying to make here is that he (my last farrier) made a bad name for himself not me and certainly not Horseshoes.com

What I'm about to say is something that I have wanted to say for quite sometime and just let it go.

I'm not a college grad I'm just a simple person with an uncomplicated life (that's how we like it).
Reading between the lines there is a farrier here that has (in my mind) created a bad name for himself because he keeps the horses lame in order the have the business (in his own words)Horseshoe.com is a wonder place with a whole lot of wonderful and knowledge people here and I would like to say that thank to these folks.

Baron, like I have told you we agree to disagree etc..and thank you for all of the hours and hard work that you have put into the place of knowledge that you share freely.

The true issue here is respect for ourselves and others, until you respect yourself how can you have respect others and their opinions.

Have a Great Day

Terri W in SC

RE:Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 14:35 #12

Traditional,you have hit the nail right on the head so hard you drove it threw the board.the people who just come to look and never post are the ones to bbe aware of.I have a costomer right now who watches this board very dilegently
and tells me of this guy"Just passin through" Who they think baron should bann for life,who knows nothing has no creditibility,and i am shoeing there horses?
Rick burton has been the biggest thorn in my side,sinse i came.People look up to people who can type and use proper grammar~So people that have the best grammar Baron cherishes and the others he throws to the wolves~

RE:Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 14:49 #13

• TRIP HAMMER
  • Contributing Member
Baron,
I was of the opinion that everyone must sign their names to each post in this section?
John Blombach
"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet"

RE:Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 14:54 #14

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
Just passin through~ wrote:
...I have a costomer right now who watches this board very dilegently and tells me of this guy"Just passin through" who they think Baron should ban for life, who knows nothing has no creditibility,...

You made the bed, now you have to sleep in it. Just demonstrates the "image" you project here, and even your customer thinks so as well. Perhaps you should give that some thought.
...People look up to people who can type and use proper grammar~

Rubbish. I don't want to name names because I don't want to embarrass anyone, but some of the most respected people who post here have horrible typing and grammar skills. Once they've demonstrated their skill and knowledge, and built credibilty, no one cares about how well they type. It's their thoughts and ideas that are important.
So people that have the best grammar Baron cherishes and the others he throws to the wolves~

I don't throw anyone to the wolves. I occasionally edit posts, or remove theme when necessary, but that is not "feeding anyone to the wolves." On the contrary, people feed themselves to the wolves, and need no help from me. Your customer has already made that point. Take heed.

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

-Mark Twain

RE:Why do some feel horsseshoes.com is so bad? 30 Jun 2008 14:56 #15

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
TRIP HAMMER wrote:
Baron,
I was of the opinion that everyone must sign their names to each post in this section?
John Blombach

You are correct. JPT will not be allowed to post here again until s/he signs his/her posts. The points brought out by JPTs post were too valuable to discard, however, and you beat me to the punch in reminding JPT of the rule.

Thank you.

Baron
- Mark Twain

-Mark Twain

Kunena Birthday Module

• Aaron Roberts birthday is today
  • David Gill birthday is in 1 day
  • Jerry Downs birthday is in 1 day
  • my_quantum birthday is in 1 day
  • Omega Donisi birthday is in 1 day
  • Donald Ruff birthday is in 364 days
  • Richard Jamison birthday is in 364 days
  • RiversideBoy birthday is in 364 days
  • SteppinOnTheFrog birthday is in 364 days
  • Zach Osborn birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.