make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Saturday June 25, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 17:27 #16

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
unbridled wrote:
I can't deny it Rick...I speak for myself and myself alone.
Of course you do. ;)
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 17:29 #17

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Ben, I was tested by Andrew and he is as fair as they come.
The man has worked hard to get where he is and not without bumps in the road.
I admire his desire to run for the head office, knowing full well the **** he would have tossed at him.

Is he the man for the job ? History will let us know that.
But applaud the man foir stepping up to the plate.

If there are problems with his performance then it us the voters and the system that got him in office.

When you vote for name recognition that is what you get.

In the future we need more political forums and platforms presented to us, the members.
If folks don't want to participate (as Andrew, throughout the process, his public participation was so minimal I can only recal one time I read something from him)
then don't vote for them. Flat and simple.

Don't be so quick to blame the messenger when the message wasn't read properly or delivered properly.

Demand as members to have more public forums with the candidates.

My 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 17:33 #18

• unbridled
Rick Burten wrote:
In the other thread, Bruce said, in part,

My questions are:

Why was this not accomplished with the IT committee months, if not years ago?

Other than the updated 'look' what is so new, improved or different about the new web site?

Look at the portfolio of websites of iHorseshoe and equidiesis versus www.kramedjian.com

Who would you rather do work for you?

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 17:34 #19

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
vthorseshoe wrote:
Ben, I was tested by Andrew and he is as fair as they come.
The man has worked hard to get where he is and not without bumps in the road.
I admire his desire to run for the head office, knowing full well the **** he would have tossed at him.

Is he the man for the job ? History will let us know that.
But applaud the man foir stepping up to the plate.

If there are problems with his performance then it us the voters and the system that got him in office.

When you vote for name recognition that is what you get.

In the future we need more political forums and platforms presented to us, the members.
If folks don't want to participate (as Andrew, throughout the process, his public participation was so minimal I can only recal one time I read something from him)
then don't vote for them. Flat and simple.

Don't be so quick to blame the messenger when the message wasn't read properly or delivered properly.

Demand as members to have more public forums with the candidates.

My 2 cents worth ;)

Well Bruce you summed up what I meant. I don't question Andrew's desire, ability, or fairness. But his action and reactions so far have me wondering. why put out the blog instead of getting the web site up with the membrs section active. This gives him control of what's put out and who can answer. That doesn't look good. Just my observation.

Also I did say I hope he succeeds, but's he's now in an uphill battle, he's going to need to be strong and resiliant cause he's going to get buffeted all the way.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 17:36 #20

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
Susan and Rick,

You both are engaging in exactly what has been described as the root of the problem on this board.

How can either of you preach or dispute when you are doing exactly the kind of thing that makes the public and farriers bored or tired of reading the threads.

Me thinks someone is speaking out of the side of their mouths at this moment.

Your personal disputes should be for private e-mails.

You both have stature and are looked up to by many of us.
Can't you see how you are both lowering the very standards you seek ?

my 2 cents worth ;)
-but-

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 17:41 #21

• unbridled
Bruce,

I posed a simple, straight forward business question in response to Rick's previous posting. How is that so mis-construed by you as "talking out of the side of one's mouth"? The AFA or any organization should be proud to choose the best supplier for their services and public image.

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 17:45 #22

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
unbridled wrote:
Look at the portfolio of websites of iHorseshoe and equidiesis versus www.kramedjian.com

Who would you rather do work for you?

Big deal. You have missed or ignored the point. And, Mr. Kramedjian has on numerous occasions spoken about his web site and why it looks the way it does.

Besides, because you apparently have failed to read for content in context, I am going to reiterate the following.
Rick Burten wrote:
It was not the IT committee's job to revamp the web site, rather our job was to insure the safety of the contents, and to put the web site under AFA control and ownership. Demonstrably, we did just that.

However, it WAS and IS the job of the Website Committee to affect and effect the look, tone, tenor and contents of the website.

Now, perhaps you understand? Put another way, the IT committee was responsible for the 'back side" stuff with the web site, not the "front side" stuff.

Now, having had occasion to listen to you talk about computers, computer savvy, etc, I am under the impression/understanding that you well know exactly what I mean. Is my impression/understanding incorrect?

By the way, I see that you(or whom ever it is that is the Moderator for Andrew's blog) have not allowed the comments I made, to be posted. And you come here and complain about the Site Administrator and Moderators? Talk about disingenuous!

Well, I'll tell you what. I'm going to post, right here and now, the comments I submitted to Andrew's blog. Perhaps then you'll be good enough to explain why they got axed. And for the record, I used my full, real name, not some anonymous screen name. See, I take and accept responsibility for what I write, say and do.

I said:

"The color scheme is a bit detracting, especially when trying to see/read the mission statement.

Though the layout has changed, the content seems to be much the same as the old web site.

With the old web site, the AFA owned all the content,including photos.

Now it would appear that Equidesis/ihorseshoe owns it. What's up with that?

Why, when I right click on the photo of the shod hoof, does this message appear " (copyright)April Raine|EquiDesis - all rights reserved" ? Especially when on the bottom right of the photo it says "Photo courtesy Jim Foy CJF".

When can we expect the rest of the links to become active?

What more are we(the AFA) getting for our money than we had before when we owned all the content and the web site?"

And your reply as to why this was not posted on the blog is......?
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 17:52 #23

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
Your negativity, mud-slinging and ridiculous arguments over symantecs and personalities make the wholle of farriers look foolish to the horse-owning public. The farrier industry has image problems as it is and this forum contributes to the poor light farriers are held in by most of the equine industry. Again, sling your mud face-to-face or in private and stop presenting yourselves like *****s. Perception matters in the equine industry, if you'd step up to the plate and embrace your position as the foundation to the multi-billion dollar horse industry you'd all be so busy and making so much money that you wouldn't have time for the garbage you spew on this site for the whole world to see. And, oh by the way, don't blink or this post will be removed by the subjective administrators/moderators of horseshoes.com

Re: Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum

Rick,

You are in a state of delusion if you think I speak for anyone other than myself.
06-29-2008 01:11 PM

Re: Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum

Andrew can speak for himself, and Rick, you know where to reach him.

I have my own opinions about the farrier and horse industries and as you can read I liberally share them for the betterment of horses, farriers and owners.

Where is the question in this bantering. ?

Rick is also as much at fault for continueing to revamp.

Who is right ?
Frankly who cares but you two.,
Is it questions we see or is it verbal attacks back and forth ?
Who is going to get the solid ground ?
That is what I see, perhaps other may see something else.

my 2 cents worth :confused:
-but-

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 17:58 #24

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
vthorseshoe wrote:
Susan and Rick,

You both are engaging in exactly what has been described as the root of the problem on this board.

Sorry Bruce but I don't see it that way. Allegations and ad hominum remarks have been made and I will respond to them.

Fortunately, the AFA and its surrogates do not get to control what I say, when I say it or where I say it. On these forums, that absolute right is reserved to our leader, The Red Baron.
How can either of you preach or dispute when you are doing exactly the kind of thing that makes the public and farriers bored or tired of reading the threads.

First, I am defrocked.:) next, I will dispute with facts and the truth. And as we all know, the truth is an absolute defense.
Me thinks someone is speaking out of the side of their mouths at this moment.

Speaking only for myself, you know that is not true of me.
Your personal disputes should be for private e-mails.

Bruce, this isn't personal for me, its more like, entertainment.
You both have stature and are looked up to by many of us.
Can't you see how you are both lowering the very standards you seek ?

I am the first to admit that I have feet of clay...
my 2 cents worth ;)

Always appreciated, considered and often, implemented by me.

"Blessed be the Peacemakers...."

However, my own compass reads "Si vis Pacem, Para Bellum". And I follow the course it sets.
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 18:02 #25

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Sigh... Rick started this thread by asking specific questions. Whether they were good or not isn't my concern. I just want to see the thread stay (sort of) on topic. No one has answered, or attempted to answer those questions. Posing another question (or questions) doesn't qualify as addressing the original questions. That's just a tactic to take the thread on a different tangent.

So why not drop all the intervening "noise" and focus back on answering/discussing the original questions.

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 18:04 #26

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
ALWAYS THE TRUE STATESMAN !
Honesty and Valore before glory.

But remember civility and tempering brings in the masses with an open ear.

Not to be ,mistaken as foregoing what I said to Ms. kane.
She also has standards and business savy above many.

So I re-iterate,
civility and tempering brings in the masses with an open ear.

My 2 cents worth ;)
-but-

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 18:17 #27

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
Cyber Farrier wrote:

So why not drop all the intervening "noise" and focus back on answering/discussing the original questions.

Baron

Precisely.

So, to get us back on topic, here is a recap of my original questions:

"My questions are:

How is the format 'easier'

Why could this not have been accomplished using the old web site?

Who owns the web site and its content?

If the answer is, "The AFA", then why is everything copyrighted to April Raines|EquiDesis?

Why, if we now have "people who are on the ball running it and working it" were they not doing the same with the old Web site?

How much did and will it cost the AFA for this service?

Has a written contract between the parties been signed and ratified by the BOD?

If so, when was this done? If not, why not? Especially considering the brouhaha and vitriol that surrounded the question of contracts with the outside/former IT consultants.

When will the rest of the links be up and running?

Are there ever going to be non-members open forums as there was until late in the game, with the old web site?

Shouldn't the new web site have been fully ready to be 'rolled out', including testing it, before it was put online?

How does the AFA leadership justify/explain the huge amount of money and volunteer hours that were spent upgrading, updating and moving the old web site to a new location, giving "ownership" to the AFA, and then trashing it(well, sort of, since its pretty much the same stuff as was on the other web site, dressed up and packaged a bit differently) and again having to spend more money to get what it now has?

Other than the updated 'look' what is so new, improved or different about the new web site?"
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 19:27 #28

• EDeSocio
  • Very Senior Member
Rick Burten wrote:
Precisely.

So, to get us back on topic, here is a recap of my original questions:

"My questions are:

How is the format 'easier'
I think it is laid out a little easier to navigate. Topics are plainly stated in a row with drop down menus.. I think it is easier to navigate and find what you want
Why could this not have been accomplished using the old web site?
Sometimes you have to throw the steel in the dirt and start with a new piece of barstock
Who owns the web site and its content?
I think a redhead and that scares me enough to not touch that topic
If the answer is, "The AFA", then why is everything copyrighted to April Raines|EquiDesis?
I think Conan the Barbarian had that question posed to him once... "Conan, what are the best things in life?" He could have answer with the same answer for this question... power, command and control
Why, if we now have "people who are on the ball running it and working it" were they not doing the same with the old Web site?
I think the same reason I pull off someone elses old shoes and don't reset them, I put my own shoes on...
How much did and will it cost the AFA for this service?
I bet not as much as it is truly worth!
Has a written contract between the parties been signed and ratified by the BOD?
probably but I don't know
If so, when was this done? If not, why not? Especially considering the brouhaha and vitriol that surrounded the question of contracts with the outside/former IT consultants.
don't know
When will the rest of the links be up and running?
Feel pretty confident in answering this one though... soon, soon is the answer, not when I will answer
Are there ever going to be non-members open forums as there was until late in the game, with the old web site?
Why would we need non members in the AFA website....? We have horseshoes.com
different committee, different leadership, different agenda, different priorities?
Shouldn't the new web site have been fully ready to be 'rolled out', including testing it, before it was put online?
I would rather have a partially completed but functional website, partially completed but functional shoe board and partially completed but fully functional death star than non at all, wait, that last one was just a movie.. hmmm
How does the AFA leadership justify/explain the huge amount of money and volunteer hours that were spent upgrading, updating and moving the old web site to a new location, giving "ownership" to the AFA, and then trashing it(well, sort of, since its pretty much the same stuff as was on the other web site, dressed up and packaged a bit differently) and again having to spend more money to get what it now has?
Takes money to make money, money makes the world go round, money is power, money doesn't make you happy but sure does fund happiness... the last cliche is my own personal one... I give other's free choice to paraphrase
Other than the updated 'look' what is so new, improved or different about the new web site?"
The navigation is clear and concise.. the programs are better displayed, other items are coming soon and look to be easily updated for future reference...
I am pretty happy with the site

Dang, I finally figured out how to quote each line.... whew...
"Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!"

Eric DeSocio CF

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 21:08 #29

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
EDeSocio wrote:
I think it is laid out a little easier to navigate. Topics are plainly stated in a row with drop down menus.. I think it is easier to navigate and find what you want

OK. Question is why couldn't that be done with the other web site?
Sometimes you have to throw the steel in the dirt and start with a new piece of barstock

But Eric, in this case, the steel wasn't thrown in the dirt.
I think a redhead and that scares me enough to not touch that topic

No guts, no glory. and no information
probably but I don't know

don't know

Then don't you think you should find out before responding?
Feel pretty confident in answering this one though... soon, soon is the answer, not when I will answer

So its more of the same as we've heard in the past. Fabulous!
Why would we need non members in the AFA website....? We have horseshoes.com

So you don't want owners and others to come to the AFA web site inorder to interact with AFA farriers? Fair enough. I'm sure they will be quite happy to continue visiting us here at horseshoes.com. Evidently in your opinion, they really have no business on the AFA web site in the first place. I'm sure they will be heartened to hear that an AFA member feels that way. Makes me feel all warm and cuddly.
different committee, different leadership, different agenda, different priorities?

And what do we have to show for these differences? No newsletter, a late arriving lightweight magazine, an incompletely revamped website, little to no communication with our elected representatives, need I go on?

[quiote]I would rather have a partially completed but functional website, partially completed but functional shoe board and partially completed but fully functional death star than non at all, wait, that last one was just a movie.. hmmm[/quote]

OK, some folks are willing to settle for less. Good on you.

[quiote]The navigation is clear and concise.. the programs are better displayed, other items are coming soon and look to be easily updated for future reference...
I am pretty happy with the site[/quiote]

Like I said, some folks are willing to settle for less.
Dang, I finally figured out how to quote each line.... whew...

Good on you.
Rick Burten PF

."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:Spinoff: Re: the Political Forum 29 Jun 2008 21:52 #30

• EDeSocio
  • Very Senior Member
Rick Burten wrote:
OK. Question is why couldn't that be done with the other web site?

Rick, personally I think this website is better.. looks better, easier to navigate and probably easier upkeep...
But Eric, in this case, the steel wasn't thrown in the dirt.

Well basically, they did away with the old website, throwing the steel in the dirt, and started with a new one... website/piece of steel
No guts, no glory. and no information

Actually that was an inside joke, when I got out of a bad relationship with a redhead, I was getting ready to fail a test and Danvers happened to be my tester, April was scribbing, the horse was a sorrel, I told Danvers that I might be in trouble here with two redheads within close proximity to my hammer and my thumb... knees a shaking, nails just don't stand still and the thumb is a bigger target... Those were just fears.. had no reflection on April.. I think she and Danvers are doing an outstanding job and I probably will be talking to them about doing a personal website for myself....
Then don't you think you should find out before responding?
Rick, have you ever known me to speak outside of speculation?
So its more of the same as we've heard in the past. Fabulous!

But patience prevails.. I think they are getting the job done and look at what we have so far... a beautiful website... have faith... it wasn't a walk in the park that the new leadership was venturing into with the AFA... Things needed to be fixed.... fixing is in the works
So you don't want owners and others to come to the AFA web site inorder to interact with AFA farriers? Fair enough. I'm sure they will be quite happy to continue visiting us here at horseshoes.com. Evidently in your opinion, they really have no business on the AFA web site in the first place. I'm sure they will be heartened to hear that an AFA member feels that way. Makes me feel all warm and cuddly.

errrrrrrrrt! Slap my face and call me willy... you got me on that one.. I was looking down the tunnel thinking I didn't want anti AFA bashers cluttering up the website... in our state association I kept trying to get an affiliate membership program for horse owners, trainers and vets so that everyone could communicate better... I totally didn't figure that part out... wasn't in the tunnel... so I correct myself in the order of flip flop.... I think that is a great idea.... vets, trainers, horse owners should have a place to communicate with the farriers, learn more so the horses benefit! By the way, I changed my ad from "Cocky, expensive and relative know it all" to "kinder/gentler, soft and cuddly type. Loves on horses before and after shoeing." How is that for an ad?
And what do we have to show for these differences? No newsletter, a late arriving lightweight magazine, an incompletely revamped website, little to no communication with our elected representatives, need I go on?
Revamping Rick, takes time.. Look how much better Danver's/Our/AFA magaizine is in this last issue compared to the first... it isn't an easy road... I wouldn't be able to do it.. He did it great and it is getting better... He is by the way, the most eloquent farrier! The news letter in my opinion is not as fulfilling as the Magazine.. I don't think that there is much in the news letter that isn't covered in the magazine...I vote to forgo the News letter and ad an extra page to the magazine.. kill two postage stamps with one mailing...
[quiote](Me)I would rather have a partially completed but functional website, partially completed but functional shoe board and partially completed but fully functional death star than non at all, wait, that last one was just a movie.. hmmm

OK, some folks are willing to settle for less. Good on you.[/QUOTE]
Patience is a virtue
[quiote](Me again)The navigation is clear and concise.. the programs are better displayed, other items are coming soon and look to be easily updated for future reference...
I am pretty happy with the site[/quiote]

Like I said, some folks are willing to settle for less.

I don't think enjoying a better website is settling for less.. I don't think supporting the leadership right now is settling for less... I think the AFA was being driven into the mud and it is getting picked up, washed off and mended...
Good on you.
Weee
"Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!"

Eric DeSocio CF

Kunena Birthday Module

• jimmyoyow birthday is in 1 day
  • Chris Gregory birthday is in 363 days
  • blissy02 birthday is in 364 days
  • CRaja121 birthday is in 364 days
  • JOHNNY ATTKISSON birthday is in 364 days
  • pipjane5 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.