make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday January 23, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: AFA Site

RE:AFA Site 05 Jul 2008 02:56 #16

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
TexMexShoeGirl wrote:
Here, I am working my guts out to evetually get certified and this NON-MEMBER Ray Steels has nothing to do but whine like a spoiled brat about pressing a few extra keys, I guess he's not a farrier. Ray get a life or get over it.

If you knew Ray you wouldn't be talking like that. Ray tells it like he see's it, but he is a hel! of a guy. He's been in the business longer than you've probably been alive, but he wouldn't rub it in your face. Just because he has an opinion about the afa site which is merely an observation not a putdown you find it necessary to try (and a pretty poor attempt at that) to put him down? Not very professional Sarah. Don't assume things about people you've never met. I don't think Ray would make such assumptions or judgments about your whining or cavalier attitude.

Josh Noone
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:AFA Site 05 Jul 2008 05:23 #17

• Kelly Case
  • Contributing Member
I havent posted in these forums in a dogs age, but after reading Sarah's post well I just had to say something.
Sarahs post brought too mind what has kept me from joining the AFA.

11 yrs ago I visited a school and after talking to the instructor(an AFA CJF) and having a bit of a disagreement with this person I was told I would "never even be a pimple on a farriers butt" (Baron would have to delete the exact quote due to unacceptable language, but you get the idea.)

During the height of the AFA led liscensing/Registration fiasco and school attack, I a NON MEMBER called the AFA office to find out what the AFA postion was on the whole thing, up too that point pretty much all I had heard was innuendo and rumor. Well I was turned over to a Mr. Bryan Quinsey who at that time was the E.D. for the AFA. I asked Mr. Quinsey a few questions and was told "I dont talk to NON MEMBERS"

In another instance I was talking to a past AFA president who stated to me "I know you are a member of AFEC but I dont feel I that this test should be discussed with a NON MEMBER as I was a member of AFEC at the time I figured that he was talking about my NON MEMBER status in the AFA.

I have a few more examples but this is getting long and boring,so my point is that Sarahs **** poor attitude seems to be a constant theme throughout the AFA and perhaps changing that attitude is a place to start in any revamping of the AFA.

Sarah you need to step up here and make an apology if not for your own pride at least for the pride you may have in your organization.

Just my two cents

Kelly Case

RE:AFA Site 05 Jul 2008 13:26 #18

Kelly,
I've been an AFA member for many years..... met many great people and a few I didn't mesh with, but the good outweighed the bad, overall. That instructor you talk about, was probably an American citizen, did you renounce your citizenship over that spat?
Norman E. Foley CJF AFA #733
Make haste.... slowly.

RE:AFA Site 05 Jul 2008 13:59 #19

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
Kelly Case in gray, stuff deleted

I havent posted in these forums in a dogs age, but after reading Sarah's post well I just had to say something.
Sarahs post brought too mind what has kept me from joining the AFA...

I think if you'll check out today's AFA, you'll find a different bunch with a different attitude. I passed the AFA's CJF test in 1983, but I didn't join the AFA until 2007. Nobody ever treated me badly, I just didn't see much point in throwing in with a bunch of folks who thought contesting was the epitome of farriery and certification a redheaded stepchild to be ignored in polite company. As I see it, there's been a major shift in the AFA's priorities and I think the changes will ultimately be beneficial to everyone in the industry. The new AFA ain't your father's Oldsmobile. :)

Sarah you need to step up here and make an apology if not for your own pride at least for the pride you may have in your organization.

Relative to the website, nobody owes anybody an apology. It's my responsibility, I asked for criticism, and I don't give a damn if I get it on a public forum or by private message: I want to know what folks are thinking! In the months to come, there'll be changes and additions to the AFA website and many of those will be based on suggestions from visitors to the site . The site is a work in progress; but, right now, it's up and running and don't look too shabby. April Raine put it all together and she did a helluva job!
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:AFA Site 05 Jul 2008 14:38 #20

• Brown Bear
  • Contributing Member
OK in the years I have been HELPING other farriers,I have seen allot of what not to do and what to do.I have worked with AFA guys and guys that have been shoeing for 20 years plus.I have learned more from non AFA guys.This is what I got working with some of the AFA guys.When I asked a ?They would give me there answer and I would say where did you learn that?They would say most of them When I apprenticed.I would ask was that person an AFA member most answers NO.Now I have ran into a few testers and even worked with a few ex testers.And I as always wanting to learn asked how they tested.Out of 10 guys (did not work with all of them)They all had there own testing as far as the trim ECT.(view point of what they see as correct).One gentleman said if you shoe trail horses and pleasure horses.(where most people do not care about how pretty the foot looks)And you go for the test and you get a show horse tester you will most likely fail because you may have a rough finish.Or because you did not shoe the horse as a show horse.I guess my main ? why is there not a set test as far as hoof care?Why does one want a good finish and another tester say it is not important?Why do people bash other organizations that are not AFA ? those other organizations do not seem to have the problems and the AFA is having.I was always taught a SOUND HORSE IS A JOB WELL DONE.The union and other organizations are looking better and better as I read these AFA rants.
Mark Carlone
Certified Enjoyable Helper

RE:AFA Site 05 Jul 2008 14:55 #21

• ray steele
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Folks,

If I remember correctly this thread is about the AFA website.Not about the AFA or it's workings,pro or con.

It was my understanding that Tom Stovall wanted to announce the site and elicit feedback about it. If folks want to start a Ray Steele AFA or any other
bashing /accolade thread, I would suggest that that be done under a different thread. Let's see if we can keep this on subject.

Tom Stovall,
about that redheaded stepchild comment, a few years ago I may have taken personal exception but since I have gotten grayer I know you weren't talking about me. To be clear, this last sentence was written to lighten the mood,an attempt at a little levity/joke, but also to point out that it does not take much to turn meanings of words when one has a mind to.

Regards

Ray Steele

RE:AFA Site 05 Jul 2008 14:57 #22

• SlowShoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 2
Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
Relative to the website, nobody owes anybody an apology.

I think he was referring to her comments directed at Ray.

Tom, April did an excellent job on the AFA site. It looks very sleek. I've seen a few other sites that she had a hand in and they were pretty nice as well.

The AFA needs guys like you Tom. Any organization as a matter of fact. Guys that will step up to the plate and say the buck stops here and mean it.

If this type of attitude is the new face of AFA I think good things are in store.

-Josh

RE:AFA Site 05 Jul 2008 15:35 #23

• Kelly Case
  • Contributing Member
Tom,
I agree with you on some of the changes taking place within the AFA, there seems to be some positive movement, and one of the disagreements I have had with the AFA was the emphasis on contests.
But as the old saying goes "once bitten twice shy" so I learn what I can from folks wether they be AFA, BWFA, JHU, or just the old shoer down the road who never heard of any of the organizations that are out there.
I will continue to keep my ears and eyes open and who knows someday I may be jumping on the AFA train when it gets back on the right track, never say never.
As for the apology I should have clarified in my opinion Sarah needs to stand up and take responsibility for her words, that would be in apologizing to Mr Steele, for her silly post. Honestly talk like that makes us (as farriers) all look like a bunch of hicks.

Mr. Foley ......Yes the instructor was/is an american citizen no I did not renounce my citizenship, however if you go back and read your post you will see that you have the attitude that I am talking about.
You will notice that Tom Stovall had an intelligent and meaningfull response to my post which would open up a productive line of communication for everyone who reads these forums, while yours was a smart ass response that does nothing but try to bait someone into an unproductive argumentative discussion which serves no purpose other than to waste time,and cause trouble.
I would suggest that you spend a little time with someone like Mr. Stovall in order to learn how to be able to post something productive. If you cant find the time to apprentice with Mr. Stovall on your social skills you can contact me privately and I will suggest a few books you can read to help you in that area.

Kelly Case

RE:AFA Site 05 Jul 2008 15:43 #24

• Kelly Case
  • Contributing Member
Now in regards to the AFA website I must say it is a vast improvement over the older one, and it seems that who ever has designed it has had the forethought to leave it open for further growth and expansion as needed.

Kelly Case

RE:AFA Site 05 Jul 2008 16:16 #25

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Brown Bear wrote:
Out of 10 guys (did not work with all of them)They all had there own testing as far as the trim ECT.(view point of what they see as correct).One gentleman said if you shoe trail horses and pleasure horses.(where most people do not care about how pretty the foot looks)And you go for the test and you get a show horse tester you will most likely fail because you may have a rough finish.Or because you did not shoe the horse as a show horse.I guess my main ? why is there not a set test as far as hoof care?
Technically on paper their test is supposed to be that way. In reality as you've discovered it doesn't work that way when put into practice.
Why does one want a good finish and another tester say it is not important?
LOL ever try to get horseshoers to agree on the same thing?
Why do people bash other organizations that are not AFA ? those other organizations do not seem to have the problems and the AFA is having.
Now you bring up an excellent point. AFA is the only one out there that habitually bad mouths other groups. I know they have no official policy to do so but being as that it comes oftentimes from their officers what are we supposed to think? Check out the Ron K thread. None of the other groups would have publicly lynched a fellow member in such a way.
I was always taught a SOUND HORSE IS A JOB WELL DONE.The union and other organizations are looking better and better as I read these AFA rants.
Mark Carlone
Certified Enjoyable Helper
Right you are and good on ya

BTW I know this stuff is off topic but it was too good to let go. If you want to go on with this testing stuff there are about a thousand threads about that still open.
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:AFA Site 05 Jul 2008 20:32 #26

Kelly Case wrote:
Tom,
Mr. Foley ......Yes the instructor was/is an american citizen no I did not renounce my citizenship, however if you go back and read your post you will see that you have the attitude that I am talking about.
You will notice that Tom Stovall had an intelligent and meaningfull response to my post which would open up a productive line of communication for everyone who reads these forums, while yours was a smart ass response that does nothing but try to bait someone into an unproductive argumentative discussion which serves no purpose other than to waste time,and cause trouble.
I would suggest that you spend a little time with someone like Mr. Stovall in order to learn how to be able to post something productive. If you cant find the time to apprentice with Mr. Stovall on your social skills you can contact me privately and I will suggest a few books you can read to help you in that area.

Kelly Case

Kelly,
I was trying to be positive, but not try to sell you the "New AFA". I made a simple analogy(Independence Day had me thinking about our Nation), as I thought maybe you threw "the baby out with the bath water" in a few bad experiences with AFA members. I was not trying to be a smart@$$, but just trying to get you to think. My apologies if my simple, unadorned post was misunderstood.
Norman E. Foley CJF AFA #733
Make haste.... slowly.

RE:AFA Site 05 Jul 2008 23:27 #27

• Red Amor
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 22
Our Sarah has found herself a job and that's great , she seems to have the fortitude to maybe make the cut and do well and this I only wish for her
Hopfully her Master can help her with respect servility humility and servitude
and retain her strong charactor
Rays been in this game longer than young loves been alive yeah

I thing Sarah will be a good team member for Farriers future ;)
Mark Anthony Amor
If we want anymore excrement like that outta you we'll squeese ya head :eek:
Mind how ya go now ;)

RE:AFA Site 23 Jul 2008 01:46 #28

• ray steele
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
ray steele wrote:
Tom,

For your info,

while I have not been a member for a # of yrs. . The new site is more work9buttons to hit than the earlier version .
to explain:

previously when I wanted to look up a member ,I googled the American farriers Assoc., got directed to find a member, typed in name, state ,last name.... got the info.

Now, google, get main page, scrol across to find enter, (after getting copyright info), go to find a farrier go to enter, enter name,state etc...

xtra steps,being the lazy sob that I am , I noticed that xtra stuff 1st.

regards

Ray Steele

Folks,

Today I had the need of the AFA site to look up a farriers Tel. #. i went to the 2nd listing that goggle showed me and I will say that it was fewer steps than following the 1st listing, even for me a non member, breakfast not included.

As was promised the improvements continue , hopefully for the web site and the association.

I did look for the name Jensen(tex mex girl), via Texas, no member listed i was told, the same for Stoval (Tom)

Regards

Ray Steele

RE:AFA Site 23 Jul 2008 02:27 #29

Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• brianriggs birthday is today
  • canditemby birthday is today
  • cwlindauer birthday is today
  • LilBitOfHeaven birthday is today
  • lonestar birthday is today
  • vincentfarley52 birthday is today
  • alminc11 birthday is in 1 day
  • DABELL24 birthday is in 1 day
  • skelemen birthday is in 1 day
  • hoofdoc28 birthday is in 364 days
  • paulblog556715DE birthday is in 364 days
  • paulc7765BA9B birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.