make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday June 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ?

Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ? 23 Jun 2008 12:09 #1

  • vthorseshoe
  • vthorseshoe's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Master
  • Posts: 2841
  • Thank you received: 55
  • Karma: 11
In the time I have taken an interest in the political portion of the AFA I have found myself asking this question over and over.

Why does anyone want to be elected to anyone of the many offices of the AFA ???

Each candidate is ripped apart, his idea's and business practices come under attack.

There is little support from outside or in.

There is fighting (in all sorts of venues and forms) and the squabbling.

In recent years the call for removal, the decisions to withdraw (for a number of reason's) and the list goes on and the saga continue's.

Any person who sets himself/herself up in front of the diverse farriers, even if he has his act together still gets ripped apart.

I think when things fail to get accomplished or not even started it is as much the fault of the disenters as it is for lack of team work, lack of volunteers, and for all I have said in the past about leaders, they can only leads if others are willing to follow.

Perhaps a dictatorship is the best solution. At least a dictator gets rid of any and all disenters.
It seems democracy at work in the AFA is lacking because everyone wants their own way and few are willing to follow others.

Anyone have any comments ?

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006


I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ? 23 Jun 2008 20:02 #2

  • TRIP HAMMER
  • TRIP HAMMER's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Contributing Member
  • Posts: 91
  • Karma: 0
vthorseshoe wrote:
Perhaps a dictatorship is the best solution. At least a dictator gets rid of any and all disenters.
It seems democracy at work in the AFA is lacking because everyone wants their own way and few are willing to follow others.

Anyone have any comments ?

Bruce, you are quite right in so many ways however the main reason someone runs for office in the AFA is to be the difference.

When I agreed to serve as Treasurer a little over two years ago, I could never have anticipated the rocky road that was to follow. The experience has demonstrated to me the sense of responsibility and dedication of our elected Officers and Board of Directors. I have come to appreciate the strong sense of commitment to the Association when faced with difficult decisions and owe thanks for the way they have given themselves above and beyond what is usually expected.

Anyone considering a run for office (any office, not just Treasurer) should have a plan in mind, a basic plan, that considers at the least a few critical factors. The following would be the basic planks of any candidates platform for any office.

•Money: positive cash flow, revenue growth, and surplus margins.

•Our future: Acquiring new members and retaining old.

•Member satisfaction: How happy are they?

•Quality: How good is our member services?

•Strategic relationships: New sources of members, sponsors and outside revenue. Corporate partnerships.

•Sustainability: Our ability to keep it all going.

These are just a few things to think about but all of equal importance to any healthy organization.

John Blombach
"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ? 24 Jun 2008 00:47 #3

  • Martin Kenny
  • Martin Kenny's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Contributing Member
  • Posts: 99
  • Karma: 0
vthorseshoe wrote:
In the time I have taken an interest in the political portion of the AFA I have found myself asking this question over and over.

Why does anyone want to be elected to anyone of the many offices of the AFA ???

Each candidate is ripped apart, his idea's and business practices come under attack.



Any person who sets himself/herself up in front of the diverse farriers, even if he has his act together still gets ripped apart.

I think when things fail to get accomplished or not even started it is as much the fault of the disenters as it is for lack of team work, lack of volunteers, and for all I have said in the past about leaders, they can only leads if others are willing to follow.


Anyone have any comments ?

my 2 cents worth ;)


Bruce, good start.
I have to agree and admit that I wonder that myself at times. It amazes me how no matter what a person says there are those who want to make a mountain out of it. I saw it with others last year and here we are again with my threads. I must admit that I was naive to think that asking a simple question like I did in my thread (s) could bring forth such crazy results. We hear all the time that there is a lack of communication in the AFA. Maybe, just MAYBE this is the reason. Who wants to communicate when every time we try, our heads are bit off!

Having had a lot of time to think about the past couple days while I shod horses today, kind of made me wonder. Is the AFA ever going to go where it has the potential to get to? If the members want to eat their own simply because the people stepping up to the plate don't fall into the mold that others feel they should fit into it never will and so one has to wonder if it is a waste of time and effort!

Martin Kenny CJF AFA #178
If you feel shoeing horses is best served by how well you can work in the forge, you are missing the point!

It is how well you shoe a horse, so he performs at his best advantage, IN SPITE of his personal issues. Forge work is simply a tool that MAY be...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ? 24 Jun 2008 00:51 #4

  • Jaye Perry
  • Jaye Perry's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 5653
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 0
Martin Kenny wrote:
Bruce, good start.
I have to agree and admit that I wonder that myself at times. It amazes me how no matter what a person says there are those who want to make a mountain out of it. I saw it with others last year and here we are again with my threads. I must admit that I was naive to think that asking a simple question like I did in my thread (s) could bring forth such crazy results. We hear all the time that there is a lack of communication in the AFA. Maybe, just MAYBE this is the reason. Who wants to communicate when every time we try, our heads are bit off!

Having had a lot of time to think about the past couple days while I shod horses today, kind of made me wonder. Is the AFA ever going to go where it has the potential to get to? If the members want to eat their own simply because the people stepping up to the plate don't fall into the mold that others feel they should fit into it never will and so one has to wonder if it is a waste of time and effort!

Martin Kenny CJF AFA #178

From another thread Martin~~~"
PS.
I received my March/April PF magazine today I'm so excited, I may not be on here again tonight as it looks like some good stuff in there I'd rather read than sit by this darned computer. So until I finish reading my PF. Have a great night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


Guess the periodical wasn't as interesting as you thought?:confused::rolleyes::)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ? 24 Jun 2008 00:53 #5

Philosopher-King might work. Many are called, few are chosen.....
Norman E. Foley CJF AFA #733
Make haste.... slowly.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ? 24 Jun 2008 01:05 #6

  • Martin Kenny
  • Martin Kenny's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Contributing Member
  • Posts: 99
  • Karma: 0
Jaye Perry wrote:
From another thread Martin~~~"



Guess the periodical wasn't as interesting as you thought?:confused::rolleyes::)

Nope, that wasn't it. Didn't get to it yet because I had to do some consulting work on this ****** computer before I called it a night and relaxed. As you know, private practice of a farrier is far from a 40 hour work week. At least my wife is happy that I spend my time begin productive instead of tipping a few beers when I get home, or worse yet, before I GET home.
Have a great night you all!
Martin Kenny
If you feel shoeing horses is best served by how well you can work in the forge, you are missing the point!

It is how well you shoe a horse, so he performs at his best advantage, IN SPITE of his personal issues. Forge work is simply a tool that MAY be...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ? 24 Jun 2008 01:07 #7

  • Martin Kenny
  • Martin Kenny's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Contributing Member
  • Posts: 99
  • Karma: 0
Martin Kenny wrote:
Nope, that wasn't it. Didn't get to it yet because I had to do some consulting work on this ****** computer before I called it a night and relaxed. As you know, private practice of a farrier is far from a 40 hour work week. At least my wife is happy that I spend my time begin productive instead of tipping a few beers when I get home, or worse yet, before I GET home.
Have a great night you all!
Martin Kenny

Now that is interesting..... the website even blinks out the word s t u p i d .

I guess Baron is trying to clean it up a bit. And you all thought I had cursed or something. HA!
If you feel shoeing horses is best served by how well you can work in the forge, you are missing the point!

It is how well you shoe a horse, so he performs at his best advantage, IN SPITE of his personal issues. Forge work is simply a tool that MAY be...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ? 24 Jun 2008 02:20 #8

  • Craig Trnka
  • Craig Trnka's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 295
  • Karma: 0
Any man who has the brain to think and the nerve to act for the good of the people is considered a radical by those who are content with stagnation and willing to endure disaster.

William Randolph Hearst

You just think its important

Craig
"I have never seen a barefoot trimmer that was barefoot." Me
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ? 24 Jun 2008 02:24 #9

  • Gary Hill
  • Gary Hill's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 5298
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Karma: 4
Mr Kenny, the Baron has the feature because of the seven words you can't say on TV. RIP George Carlin.
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ? 24 Jun 2008 02:59 #10

  • Craig Trnka
  • Craig Trnka's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 295
  • Karma: 0
Why don't you get your butt chewed for going off course, or is it OK if it's in good humor? God Bless George Carlin

Craig
"I have never seen a barefoot trimmer that was barefoot." Me
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ? 24 Jun 2008 03:09 #11

  • Gary Hill
  • Gary Hill's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Guru
  • Posts: 5298
  • Thank you received: 6
  • Karma: 4
Craig, it is always up to The Baron. Don't want to go off topic! I do agree with Bruce when he started this thread, being a servant to the public or an Assn is tough on ya! Most likely the fact that almost all Farriers are so independant and self driven ,but not to say we can't learn from others, it is more like they are not like lemmings and don't like to follow? :confused:OK , I'll stop there.
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ? 24 Jun 2008 04:30 #12

  • vthorseshoe
  • vthorseshoe's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Master
  • Posts: 2841
  • Thank you received: 55
  • Karma: 11
I asked WHY ? Now here is WHY I DID.

My tenure as President of Vermont Farriers Association was EXCITING, EDUCATIONAL, INSPIRATIONAL, and a PRIVELAGE.

I watched a vision of mine unfold.

I watched an opportunity for farriers here in the north country realize the same educational benifits other associations down country were enjoying.

I watched farriers I had admired and farriers I grew to admire come all the way to northern Vermont and give us the total benifit of their knowledge and expertise.

I watched an interest in forging come alive and clinics open eyes on old and new farriers.

I watched us gain our non-tax status.

I and all the others in our group worked hard to become a chapter of the AFA.

We are working dilligently on pre-certification and certification .

But, mostly I had the privelage of working with 5 of the best farriers anyone could want to associate with.
They co-ordinated efforts and vollunteered and always gave their all.

Friendships arose and farriers working together and comparing or offering suggestions.

Myself and Ken Norman made a trip down to the AFA office and met Mr. Fanguy and all the wonderful ladies who keep the office running smoothly.

I discussed different things with Mr. Fanguy and offered my help where ever it might be needed. (twice actually the offer was made)

Long story short, my computer wouldn't down load any of the things Thomas sent me. It made extra work for Thomas and I think he just gave up on me.
( I have other thoughts but that is for others ears)

I became President of the VtFA because I had a vision and a desire and something to accomplish.
I also knew non of it would have ever happened if not for the folks who worked just as hard and gave 100% to see everything came off.
This was accomplished by us setting down and discussing things until we had a concensus.
Then even the folks who disagreed joined in and gave it their all to make a success of the project.
It has always been a combination of idea's from many people that make the final project a success.

The VtFA grew from a few farriers to at last count around 52 members.

So for any nominee's I say go at it with a desire to accomplish something.
Most importantly search out folks who will work with you because they have a similar vision.
Don't pay a lot of attention to the "nay sayers" because it will do nothing but bring your spirits down.

I retired and helped put in a man with visions and motivation in other directions than mine.
This person has continued to lead and guide and deligate along with the help of our invaluable secretary and the other core members.

So Martin, don't get discouraged or wonder why. Surround yourself with a good core of folks who think with an open and willing mind and a desire to see a project become a success even if they disagreed in the formulation of the project.
my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006


I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ? 24 Jun 2008 10:13 #13

  • Martin Kenny
  • Martin Kenny's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Contributing Member
  • Posts: 99
  • Karma: 0
vthorseshoe wrote:
I asked WHY ? Now here is WHY I DID.

My tenure as President of Vermont Farriers Association was EXCITING, EDUCATIONAL, INSPIRATIONAL, and a PRIVELAGE.

......................

So Martin, don't get discouraged or wonder why. Surround yourself with a good core of folks who think with an open and willing mind and a desire to see a project become a success even if they disagreed in the formulation of the project.
my 2 cents worth ;)

Bruce, very good list. And thanks for the encouragement.

It looks like a bright day here in North Carolina. I will enjoy it!
Martin
If you feel shoeing horses is best served by how well you can work in the forge, you are missing the point!

It is how well you shoe a horse, so he performs at his best advantage, IN SPITE of his personal issues. Forge work is simply a tool that MAY be...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Why would anyone want to be an elected official of the AFA ? 24 Jun 2008 10:32 #14

TRIP HAMMER wrote:
Bruce, you are quite right in so many ways however the main reason someone runs for office in the AFA is to be the difference.

When I agreed to serve as Treasurer a little over two years ago, I could never have anticipated the rocky road that was to follow. The experience has demonstrated to me the sense of responsibility and dedication of our elected Officers and Board of Directors. I have come to appreciate the strong sense of commitment to the Association when faced with difficult decisions and owe thanks for the way they have given themselves above and beyond what is usually expected.

Anyone considering a run for office (any office, not just Treasurer) should have a plan in mind, a basic plan, that considers at the least a few critical factors. The following would be the basic planks of any candidates platform for any office.

•Money: positive cash flow, revenue growth, and surplus margins.

•Our future: Acquiring new members and retaining old.

•Member satisfaction: How happy are they?

•Quality: How good is our member services?

•Strategic relationships: New sources of members, sponsors and outside revenue. Corporate partnerships.

•Sustainability: Our ability to keep it all going.

These are just a few things to think about but all of equal importance to any healthy organization.

John Blombach

John all important things, however I think it is time for the AFA to make some huge changes. I think a well written survey would be a good way to start. Not one of those one or two question surveys designed to get the answer that a few in the organization wants.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Kunena Birthday Module

  • AClement birthday is today
  • andreanelson birthday is today
  • dani_shoes78 birthday is today
  • Docbarhorse birthday is today
  • SherryinPA birthday is today
  • WeercerigD10C birthday is today
  • Mike Chaffin birthday is in 1 day
  • shelby820 birthday is in 1 day
  • hatcher barry birthday is in 2 days
  • cowgirlup birthday is in 364 days
  • gabear67E2 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

S5 Box

Register

*
*
*
*
*
*

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.