make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 22, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA?

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 02:01 #31

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
Where is Norman? I thought you had thoughts on where the "Leadership" needs to go?:confused::confused::confused:
The topic has been locked.

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 02:30 #32

Conflict does not build character it reveals it. So far Martin I'm impressed. Don't let the dribble run you off this forum.

Jaye are you referring to me as Norman? See above for my thoughts on good leadership.

Bruce, what do you mean I'm not the brightest bulb or sharpest tool, what ever you said I am in the shed? Ahhh, that's okay I will take tenacity. :D

Eric, I'm a little surprised at your comments. I don't see a politician I see an open and honest person. If Martin was a politician then he would have made sure to be very careful about what he said and avoid conflict. Thought you of all people would appreciate this.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 02:43 #33

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Phil Armitage wrote:
Conflict does not build character it reveals it. So far Martin I'm impressed. Don't let the dribble run you off this forum.

Jaye are you referring to me as Norman? See above for my thoughts on good leadership.

Bruce, what do you mean I'm not the brightest bulb or sharpest tool, what ever you said I am in the shed? Ahhh, that's okay I will take tenacity. :D

Eric, I'm a little surprised at your comments. I don't see a politician I see an open and honest person. If Martin was a politician then he would have made sure to be very careful about what he said and avoid conflict. Thought you of all people would appreciate this.

As usual , Phil endorses the NEW Guy. "Change"? Glad you came aboard Phil to jion the discussion!!!! Yeah and have a Blessed Night!!!:D:D:D

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 02:44 #34

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Phil Armitage wrote:

I'll go down with the ship Phil! He may be honest but not my kind of guy. How you run your business tells a lot about somebody. Telling it like it is, is one thing. Setting up a website for horseowners to bring you in to tell the farrier how to shoe is another. Also, I don't want anyone to be 2nd in command of an orginazation who's goal is to reach out to horse owners, that thinks a forge is not necessary.

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 02:46 #35

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Eric Russell wrote:
I'll go down with the ship Phil! He may be honest but not my kind of guy. How you run your business tells a lot about somebody. Telling it like it is, is one thing. Setting up a website for horseowners to bring you in to tell the farrier how to shoe is another. Also, I don't want anyone to be 2nd in command of an orginazation who's goal is to reach out to horse owners, that thinks a forge is not necessary.

Eric?

Have you been out of sorts? This response is not like you?:confused::confused::eek::eek:

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 02:48 #36

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
Jaye Perry wrote:
Eric?

Have you been out of sorts? This response is not like you?:confused::confused::eek::eek:

political forum jaye. gloves off!

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 02:54 #37

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Eric Russell wrote:
political forum jaye. gloves off!

Golly Gee Eric I didn't realize that about you or this paticular thread! Maybe I need to re-evaluate my responses if the "Gloves are Off"!!????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 02:55 #38

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
I don't see the problem in paying his travel and room.
We do no less for clinicians we invite in.

If a couple of close associations with a sincere interest in the election process were to come together and split the expense then we could bring a few of the candidates to our areas and have a one on one with them.

I have had a similar conversation with Dick Fanguy and the expense was a consideration in his thoughts as well. (and well it should be ! )

Why do we keep asking for things to be free or always expect the AFA to pay all the expenses ?

I know someone will bring up the very high yearly due's we pay, but you have to realize the cost of doing business. To run the AFA is not cheap and like EVERYTHING ELSE in todays world, costs for them keep rising.

Jaye; Rose tinted , aw ! yes my friend. I do see a tinge of red everynow and then.
But at my old age I am told color is good. Lets others know I am still breathing.

I am not endorsing this nominee, I am mearly laying some things on the table without any negativity.
This person is shooting from the hip and looking you square in the eyes.
Kinda refreshing me thinks.

Ron K and Rick B. did the same thing and got beaten up for it.

Now I am the first to admitt that Ron was more arguemenative and abrasive and defensive.
Ron alienated many folks and that was his main down fall.
Unknown to a lot of folks, Ron put in a LOT OF TIME AND EFFORT working on a solution of the defunct website.
Ron wasn't afraid to hit heads with others and though he may have been correct in his thoughts, his method of working with others was lacking.
Ron didn't want to play the game.
Rick, being the straight up guy he is, stood by Ron .
When Rons ship was sinking, Rick being the person he is, never jumped ship.
Rick knew first hand the work and effort Ron had put forth and , "in my mind" said if My friend is going to sink then I will ride it out with him.

This is a man I would go into battle anywhere in the world with !!!

But back to the topic at hand.
Here is another candidate who is talking and looking you in the eyes. Voicing his opinions and explaining any mis-conceptions that may arise.

Lets not belittle, or abuse.
Ask good strong questions that are pertinent.
Stay focused and remember this person is but the first of others to come.
If he isn't a candidate for you then make up your mind and express your concerns in a civil grownup manner.

If we want others to step up to the plate and bring their particular expertice with them then don't shoot them in the foot the minute they come through the door.
If you want improvements, and a strong AFA with positive direction, then we need leaders.
We need folks who can delagate and work well with others.

This year many things have been implimented to make the wheels work better. Grease is getting introduced finally.
Folks ARE making efforts on all fronts to make the machine run better.

We need folks who will volunteer and help to carry some of the load.
It is so easy to sit on the fence and knock everyone and everything tried.
It is much harder to get off the fence and say "what can I do to help ?"
As Danvers pointed out, it is the persons behind the scene who are the real GLUE in making the AFA work.

"Ask not what the AFA can do for you, but what YOU can do for the AFA !"

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 02:59 #39

Jaye Perry wrote:
Where is Norman? I thought you had thoughts on where the "Leadership" needs to go?:confused::confused::confused:

I stated my opinion and I'm done. This disscussion has become about Martin Kenny and not about "Leadership in the AFA". I've been an AFA member for 27 years plus and have some opinions, but not for this thread. I'll say this though. The AFA has always had an "Identity Crisis".... one minute it looks in the mirror and wants to be the AAEP, then it looks again and wants to be the Worshipful Company of Farriers. The collective soul of the group must deal with this, not some "Leader". Laugh if you may......
Norman E. Foley CJF AFA #733
Make haste.... slowly.

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 03:03 #40

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
vthorseshoe- don't see the problem in paying his travel and room.
We do no less for clinicians we invite in.

Thought the job was that of "Voluteer". Every clinic or get together I have ever done has been donated to charity or supplies thereof. Volunteer to serve is volunteer IMO. :cool:

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 03:16 #41

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55

Eric,

Why would you base part of your arguement on whether he uses a forge or not ?
Farriers in 2nd world countries shape shoe's out of rebar and other material and shoe their animals. Not pretty but does the job.

I can recall a time I shaped a shoe on a rock. Yes ! a rock..

There are a number of farriers in this country and Canada who cold shape shoe's.
I have seen one of our elder farriers draw clips COLD on steel shoe's and aluminum.
I can positively tell you this gentleman from Pennsylvania has forgotten more than you and I will ever know.

I could go on as my brain is throwing all sorts of things out, but I can't believe I will have much of an effect on your opinions. :rolleyes:
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 03:30 #42

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
vthorseshoe wrote:

Eric,

Why would you base part of your arguement on whether he uses a forge or not ?
Its not that he doesn't use a forge, he makes it a point to horsowners that a forge is not needed. Sorry there, that's not good for my business.
Farriers in 2nd world countries shape shoe's out of rebar and other material and shoe their animals. Not pretty but does the job.

Our national orginization shouldn't be out getting the job done. MY sister could get the job done.

I
can recall a time I shaped a shoe on a rock. Yes ! a rock..

I'd bet money it didn't fit like you'd wanted it to. Do you want your national orgininzation to get the job done or hold a higher standard?

I have seen one of our elder farriers draw clips COLD on steel shoe's and aluminum.

How are his clips on roadster doing? Drawing clips cold isn't telling me much!
I can positively tell you this gentleman from Pennsylvania has forgotten more than you and I will ever know.

I try not to insult my elders, but with the information available today, Ther'es a good chance your wrong.
I could go on as my brain is throwing all sorts of things out, but I can't believe I will have much of an effect on your opinions.

If you say something reasonable instead of preaching kindness maybe you could change my opinoins. You just said the past is better than the future.

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 04:02 #43

Jaye Perry wrote:
As usual , Phil endorses the NEW Guy. "Change"? Glad you came aboard Phil to jion the discussion!!!! Yeah and have a Blessed Night!!!:D:D:D

Jaye just wondering how an atheist considers a horse one of Gods creatures? :D
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 04:13 #44

Phil Armitage wrote:
Jaye just wondering how an atheist considers a horse one of Gods creatures? :D

I bet Jaye is an Agnostic and not an Athiest, but either way, I'd think he'd say... the horse is one of Nature's creatures.
Norman E. Foley CJF AFA #733
Make haste.... slowly.

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 04:21 #45

• BS-Horseshoeing
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Some of you have missed the point, big time. Martin didn't ask for anyof us to judge him, his forging or shoeing skills, or political skills at all. But you sure all jumped right on that trying to throw him out before he got started. He asked the question:

"WHAT MAKES ONE A GOOD ELECTED OFFICER OF THE AFA?"

For which I'm pretty sure he was looking for what we thought the people we elected should have in the way of morals, leadership skills, people skills, and political skills. He did not ask you to judge his shoeing, his web page, or his ability to hold office. He was looking for what we thought we might like to see in a leader of the AFA.

If you don't like him or what he does don't vote for him, but have the brains and guts enough to say why without acting what I see as pretty childish and petty.

OK, have at it guys, I don't care anymore. Some of you have made this place boring as Smitty said and at the very least a waste of time cause it takes to much time to wade through the cr**ap. Even with Eric's new found niceness it's get's old really fast. It's false, boring, candy coated BS and makes me sick to read it. I respect him as a farrier cause he's shown he can do good work and can talk the talk, but he's really just trying to pi**ss people off most of the time. What a waste of a good resource for those of us still trying to learn.

Have a good one and thank you to all of those who have helped me over the years, I've learned a lot from here and will check back once in a while but I'm going to find someone to work with and get better elsewhere... It's just gotten to childish and vengeful here.

Thanks Baron, this has been one of the greatest resources I've ever found, but the bullies are boring and thelearning is to little and to far in between anymore. THANKS.
Ben Sturman
AFA CF #7558

Tough times never last, but tough people do!

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity, one lick and you will suck for ever!

Folks who think traditional farriery means perimeter fit don't know a heluva lot about shoeing. Tom Stovall,...

Kunena Birthday Module

• ShirleyJ birthday is today
  • Soundhooves birthday is today
  • Blackzmith birthday is in 1 day
  • Lisapony birthday is in 1 day
  • Mike Langhof birthday is in 1 day
  • filmbak62F7 birthday is in 363 days
  • ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is in 364 days
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.