make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 22, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA?

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 21 Jun 2008 23:47 #16

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
Norman E. Foley;-If you wanted discourse, you should have simply asked the question in your thread title and left it at that and refrained from the shameless self promotion of your "Leadership Skills.

I really would to vote for a leader of children in 4-H than a leader of men in an industry that has to make a living for those children.

BTW, I could fac`ade as a leader of religious endeavors but I am an atheist.
The topic has been locked.

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 21 Jun 2008 23:53 #17

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Welcome aboard Martin.

Continue and hang tough.

When I pushed to start the Vermont Farriers Association I contacted everyone I could get an address for in Vt. Eastern Ny and Western NH.
I got everyone together at a local spot and we discussed the concept of a Farriers Association for thoise of us here in the north country.
SNEFA is 4 1/2 hrs south and for many of us its to long a trip to make on a regular basis.
We needed to offer and bring in the best we could so farriers up here could have the same opportunities farriers down country have.
Bottom line access to all sorts of farrier education.

As founder and first president we made large strides and have continued to grow.
One day I came in to the meeting and said we need a new president !
I have taken this as far as my abilities go.
We need someone with fresh idea's and the skill and leadership to take this assoc. in new directions.

I knew nothing of your "lid" theory.
I did know I didn't want the VtFA to fail from becoming stagnant and doing the same ole same ole.
That meant new leadership. (not always easy when you always have 4 or 5 core members who do everything...)

I agree with your statement. The AFA needs leaders who can deligate. (and then step back and let them do their job !Q)
If he/she happens to be a farrier so much better, but if he/she isn't then it is leadership quality we need.
The AFA has out grown the group of origional farriers who started it. They knew this would happen if it was succcessful.
And if $ is a sign of success, then the AFA is a success.
It takes $ to run projects and produce material, and move folks across the country and exchange students over sea's etc.
It takes LEADERSHIP to see all this runs smoothly and GOOD COMMITTEE'S with dedicated members willing to work to over come the constant hurdles that pop up.

Danvers said it best when he listed names of volunteers whom many of us never heard of. But if it wasn't for these folks things would never get done.
These are the unsung HERO'S who keep the AFA going forward or keep it from falling backwards.

Martin your on the money with your statements.
You can talk the talk, if you can walk the walk then wonderful things can be accomplished.
Others have just hit you with negativity. Will it run off your shoulder or will it get to you and affect how you think ?
NO ONE ever bats 100 % NO ONE ever is 100% popular.

This is one time when Phil Armitage can be used as an example.
NO ONE on this entire board has had to put up with (or asked for, or set himself up for) more c**p than he has. YET ! he is still here. His good attitide (majority of the time) has out lasted almost everyone who nailed him everyday.
I use Phil as an example of tenacity.(not always the brightest light in the shed, but one heck of a super nice guy and a dedicated Farrier.)

If you believe your the man, then be the man.

Get out and visit the Associations and attend their meetings.
Let us hear from you first hand on you proposals and thoughts.

Give us, the membership an opportunity to make a solid decision when we vote.
I would hate to imagine just how many folks close theiur eyes and pick a name from the ballot card sent to them. I also can't imagine how many vote for someone they recognize the name from an article they read about them.
Many of us take voting seriously and want to put the best man for the job in the position needed.
You as a nominee have an opportunity to do just this.
OR you can sit back on your laurells like others have in the past and not communicate and still get voted in.

my 2 cents worth ;)
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 00:30 #18

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
vthorseshoe....... they recognize the name from an article they read about them.
Many of us take voting seriously and want to put the best man for the job in the position needed.
You as a nominee have an opportunity to do just this.
OR you can sit back on your laurells like others have in the past and not communicate and still get voted in.

my 2 cents worth ;).

Bruce, are you still wearin' those glases with a RED tinge?:confused::confused::confused:

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 00:34 #19

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Martin Kenny wrote:
I for one am appalled at how many on here behave.

Maybe you ought to take down your website, do a bette job shoeing and then you wouldn't be so worried about what everybody thinks. Just a thought!
It seems that as soon as someone shows they may do something different than someone else, then the ignorance comes forth.

Cite where you mentioned what you intend to do. I've only seen insults so far.

SO THE SUBJECT...........ONE MORE TIME......................IS........
WHAT MAKES ONE A GOOD ELECTED OFFICER (I did not say good farrier) OF THE AFA?????????????????????

You could try to sound like your among the people not above the people.
ANY QUESTIONS??????????????????????????????????????

Did you mention anything about what you intend to do? I only saw a couple of statements of jealousy.

Why should I vote for someone who chooses the easiest way out all the time? (no forge, two types of shoes to fix all problems.........and so on.

Why should I vote for someone who chooses to go over the head of farriers and speak to owners and vets about teaching me to shoe?

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 00:52 #20

• ray steele
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Jaye Perry wrote:
Bruce, are you still wearin' those glases with a RED tinge?:confused::confused::confused:

Jaye,

ain't nothin wrong with wearing rose colored glasses so long as you can see thru them, sometimes, and I mean this respectfully to you, Bruce and others , the tint helps to cut down the glare and arc so that they can see what their working on, kinda like when your welding.

Regards

Ray Steele

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 00:52 #21

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Eric Russell-]

Maybe you ought to take down your website, do a bette job shoeing and then you wouldn't be so worried about what everybody thinks. Just a thought!

Easy Sir Eric, the man lives in the South where if it is the season to speculate; then speculate.
Cite where you mentioned what you intend to do. I've only seen insults so far

Well, I didn't say anythin' about goals or intentions but he did say something about or to the effect "the buck stops at the top". V. P. is not the top in any organization. Sorry Eric I had a slight logical melt down:o
You could try to sound like your among the people not above the people.

Eric, the man has a research center with a new toy and a few months of stats. Emprical data is a what we need as Farriers to conclude our ways of doing things.,

WE never need a couple years of the control groups of horses to PROVE a Therum!!!!!:rolleyes:
Why should I vote for someone who chooses the easiest way out all the time? (no forge, two types of shoes to fix all problems.........and so on

It's the way of the Land, trust till it HURTS~!!! Then one can make an informed decision.
Why should I vote for someone who chooses to go over the head of farriers and speak to owners and vets about teaching me to shoe?

There is a Papal indenty besides Baron. This man, maybe the one. :D

Have blessed evening!

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 01:01 #22

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
ray steele wrote:
Jaye,

ain't nothin wrong with wearing rose colored glasses so long as you can see thru them, sometimes, and I mean this respectfully to you, Bruce and others , the tint helps to cut down the glare and arc so that they can see what their working on, kinda like when your welding.

Regards

Ray Steele

Ray,

After 23 years the glare can be irratatin';)

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 01:10 #23

• ray steele
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
Jaye Perry wrote:
Ray,

After 23 years the glare can be irratatin';)

Jaye,

is that a statement or an excuse?

Regards

ray steele

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 01:13 #24

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
ray steele wrote:
Jaye,

is that a statement or an excuse?

Regards

ray steele

Statement Pard! I have no excuses as would any "Real Farrier" would.:cool:

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 01:22 #25

• Martin Kenny
  • Contributing Member
Bruce, WELL SAID. Thank you. I will always be open to talk to anyone that desires to have an intelligent conversation about how we got here, and how we move forward. Will I visit local groups? You bet, if offered the opportunity to do so and that group desires it enough to figure out how to pay the fare to get me there, you can count on me. (remember this is a volunteer job, so someone has to foot the bill. LOL)
But seriously. Thanks for your 2 cents worth. You are right on the money!!

Eric, you bring out many points. I will address them individually.
#1 Why would I take down my website? If you are not promoting your business, then that is your choice. I am in business to provide a valuable service and share information. That is one avenue to do that! People get all in an uproar when Wal-Mart comes in town, they say it puts other businesses out of business. Well guess what THAT IS BUSINESS> if you (or Wal-Mart) are not out to convince (customers) owners that what you offer something better than brand X then you don’t understand business. That my friend is the true nature of being in business

#2 Don’t take comments out of context. When I talk about showing something different, it was in reference to my website and how I shoe horses; NOT in reference to what I would do for the AFA. By the way, insults are not from me, only answered by me.

#3 AHHHH the problem, come forth!!!! When you elect a leader that is on the same page as you, where is he going to lead you? You inadvertently hit the nail on the head. THANK YOU!

#4 No I did not mention what I intend to do and anyone that does that at this stage in the game is blowing smoke up your skirt. This position is not about what I will do, but about who I am and what capabilities I have in leading others forward. One does that by observing others. Seeing what they can do, empowering them to do it, and LEAVING THEM ALONE TO DO IT!!!

#5 You say I take the easy way out because I don’t use a forge etc… I made every shoe I put on a horse from 1975-1985. I have taught men that have gone on to become members of the AFA shoeing team. I have given clinics on forging. I am all about education. In fact I am the one that put forth the motion to make the written tests available at AFA conventions. I was also behind the decision to make available times at the AFA convention for members to sign up to have one on one time with people that would volunteer to show them forgings skills. My wall is covered with plaques, ribbons etc from forging competitions as far back as 1976. ENOUGH PROOF FOR YOU that I do not take the easy way out? I simply have found a better way FOR ME. I never said it was good for you. It probably isn’t. That is fine with me. I really don’t care how you shoe horses.

#6 I don’t go over your head and tell owners how you should shoe UNLESS they contact me for my opinion BECAUSE WHAT IS BEING DONE IS NOT WORKING! Your owners would not be contacting me if all were well. I have helped many farriers and they have thanked me for the input and have grown in their practice because of it. When I was young, I had a lot of input from other farriers and it helped get me where I am today.

So to summarize this dialog, there are those who recognize what leadership is and there are those who don’t. End of story.
If you feel shoeing horses is best served by how well you can work in the forge, you are missing the point!

It is how well you shoe a horse, so he performs at his best advantage, IN SPITE of his personal issues. Forge work is simply a tool that MAY be...

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 01:27 #26

• Martin Kenny
  • Contributing Member
Jaye, well put!
If you feel shoeing horses is best served by how well you can work in the forge, you are missing the point!

It is how well you shoe a horse, so he performs at his best advantage, IN SPITE of his personal issues. Forge work is simply a tool that MAY be...

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 01:29 #27

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Martin Kenny;114479]Bruce, WELL SAID. Thank you. I will always be open to talk to anyone that desires to have an intelligent conversation about how we got here, and how we move forward.

Never mentioned in your opening statement there Martin!

Will I visit local groups? You bet, if offered the opportunity to do so and that group desires it enough to figure out how to pay the fare to get me there, you can count on me. (remember this is a volunteer job, so someone has to foot the bill. LOL)
But seriously. Thanks for your 2 cents worth. You are right on the money!!

Thouht you were a company guy there Martin? PAY? "The Cause is Just if Ya Pay Me":rolleyes:

So to summarize this dialog, there are those who recognize what leadership is and there are those who don’t. End of story........

If ya pay Him!!!! IMO!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 01:38 #28

• Martin Kenny
  • Contributing Member
Sorry I may have not made myself clear. Do I want paid? NO!!!!!! I meant that travel is expensive and the pay for the office is none, so if the AFA or anyone else feels they want face to face, then someone will pay the freight to get my face where it is not already at.

I travel a lot now and certainly will talk to any farrier that wants to talk. Will I force myself on them. Not hardly.

Will I pay for extensive travel to secure a job that offers no pay or benefits, Not hardly. If someone else wants to do that. Have a blast, but to me, if you feel it is important enough to have me at your group's gathering the least you can do is pick up travel tab.

IF you invest nothing, that is exactly what you get. I would be investing a lot too. Time away from practice (I'm still practicing.. by the way, don't have it perfected like a lot of individuals out there, so I practice daily. LOL) and time away from my wife and then you have to figure the money I have to put out for someone to tend to the farm while I am away, and all of a sudden airfare to get me there seems like a small price to pay for an organization to get a feel for someone.

I hope that clears it up, I DO NOT EXPECT TO GET PAID TO VISIT WITH YOU!

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 01:45 #29

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Martin Kenny wrote:
if you (or Wal-Mart) are not out to convince (customers) owners that what you offer something better than brand X then you don’t understand business. That my friend is the true nature of being in business

My friend, some of us don't need to convince owners with websites and such.

#3 AHHHH the problem, come forth!!!! When you elect a leader that is on the same page as you, where is he going to lead you? You inadvertently hit the nail on the head. THANK YOU!

Please do not try to act like Yoda! Be specific with your answer or take a vacation. Your choice!
#4 No I did not mention what I intend to do and anyone that does that at this stage in the game is blowing smoke up your skirt. This position is not about what I will do, but about who I am and what capabilities I have in leading others forward. One does that by observing others. Seeing what they can do, empowering them to do it, and LEAVING THEM ALONE TO DO IT!!!

hmmm! 4h and church! So what capabilities do you have?
#5 I have taught men that have gone on to become members of the AFA shoeing team.

Names please.
My wall is covered with plaques, ribbons etc from forging competitions as far back as 1976.

And? If your trying to impress somebody with competition ribbons, what's the most prestigous ribbon you have?
ENOUGH PROOF FOR YOU that I do not take the easy way out?

Not really! I didn't ask about competitions or what you used to do. Your website claims you take the easy way out.
I really don’t care how you shoe horses.

I would want my afa VP to care.
End of story.

Here in lies the problem, your telling stories instead of facts.

RE:What makes one a good ELECTED OFFICER of the AFA? 22 Jun 2008 01:51 #30

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Martin Kenny-Sorry I may have not made myself clear. Do I want paid? NO!!!!!! I meant that travel is expensive and the pay for the office is none, so if the AFA or anyone else feels they want face to face, then someone will pay the freight to get my face where it is not already at.

Pay keeps comin' up in the latter posts~~~~hmmmm? (I am a company man if ya pay!:rolleyes:)

I travel a lot now and certainly will talk to any farrier that wants to talk. Will I force myself on them. Not hardly.

Pay?

Will I pay for extensive travel to secure a job that offers no pay or benefits, Not hardly. If someone else wants to do that. Have a blast, but to me, if you feel it is important enough to have me at your group's gathering the least you can do is pick up travel tab.

Pay again!!!!

IF you invest nothing, that is exactly what you get. I would be investing a lot too. Time away from practice (I'm still practicing.. by the way, don't have it perfected like a lot of individuals out there, so I practice daily. LOL) and time away from my wife and then you have to figure the money I have to put out for someone to tend to the farm while I am away, and all of a sudden airfare to get me there seems like a small price to pay for an organization to get a feel for someone.

Whinning about passion and pay check~~~~ our nickel and his glory:rolleyes:

I hope that clears it up, I DO NOT EXPECT TO GET PAID TO VISIT WITH YOU!

Anytime Martin, I will put your ascetations into perspective:cool: I will and can pay for you day here Pard if needed.:rolleyes:

Kunena Birthday Module

• ShirleyJ birthday is today
  • Soundhooves birthday is today
  • Blackzmith birthday is in 1 day
  • Lisapony birthday is in 1 day
  • Mike Langhof birthday is in 1 day
  • filmbak62F7 birthday is in 363 days
  • ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is in 364 days
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.