make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday December 1, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ron K Logo

RE:Ron K Logo 16 Jun 2008 11:13 #46

• solidrockshoer
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 2
Phil Armitage wrote:
I'm trying to learn these things, are you sure?

Of course I'm sure! You better go outside and change the shoe you have hanging at the farm now. :) I'm sure somebody on here can type the whole story.
The topic has been locked.

RE:Ron K Logo 16 Jun 2008 13:58 #47

• Bryan McElwee
  • Thank you received: 1
Bullwinkle, You seem to have a real problem with this issue. WOuld it improve you shoeing or business any if he changed his logo? You seem to have to much time on your hands if all you have to do is worry about somebodys logo. Maybe you need to put yours on a few more business cards so you can pick up a few more clients and have less time to worry about petty stuff.
Good judgement comes from experience... And a lot of that comes from bad judgement

Annoy a barefooter... SHOE horses!

RE:Ron K Logo 17 Jun 2008 00:47 #48

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
Bryan McElwee in gray

Bullwinkle, You seem to have a real problem with this issue. WOuld it improve you shoeing or business any if he changed his logo? You seem to have to much time on your hands if all you have to do is worry about somebodys logo.

Bryan, I'm not from New Zealand, and I don't worry overmuch about folks' logos, but I'll certainly confess to being inordinately proud of my few accomplishments in the world of farriery. Of those accomplishments, the one of 'em I'm most proud of involved fooling the testers in 1983 to the point that all of 'em gave me a passing grade on the AFA CJF test. As I recall, the highest grade on every segment of the test. Stuff comes hard for me: I don't have a helluva lot of talent, but I forged everything I nailed on except aluminums and race plates for more'n two years, I studied my butt off, so the test wasn't all that difficult at the time.

It's still big deal to me and I'm damn proud I passed the test!.

Please understand that I'm not mad at anyone - but I can't help but feel a great deal of contempt tempered with a little pity for anyone who is so envious of folks who've managed to pass a test that they find it necessary to defend their blantant ripoff of the AFA's CJF logo with patently transparent excuses and digressive corporate nonsense - but hey, I'm trying to sift through their rhetoric and find a happy place.

I can't.

To my notion, there simply ain't no excuse for taking a logo, making a few changes, then calling it your own. Ron can deny it with his dying breath, but the fat lady in the third row knows better. As I see it, anybody who'd do as he's done has all the pride of a body louse and is ethically challenged.

Maybe you need to put yours on a few more business cards so you can pick up a few more clients and have less time to worry about petty stuff.

You, perhaps more than many others, should appreciate my position. In my 66 years on the planet, I've never have worn a buckle I didn't win myself - and I wear a buckle every day. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but we all have to look somebody in the mirror in the morning when we shave and I don't have any trouble doing do. :)
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:Ron K Logo 17 Jun 2008 01:00 #49

Mr. Tom,
My immense respect for you just grew. Ride hard, shoot straight, speak the truthand own your mistakes... should be simple... for you it is.
Jason
"Always listen to the experts. They tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." Robert Heinlien
Jason Maki CJF, RJF

RE:Ron K Logo 17 Jun 2008 01:08 #50

• Bryan McElwee
Mr. Stovall, Im certainly not trying to defend Ron on his choice of logo's. It is blatantly obvious where that logo came from if Ron wants to admit it or not. I can see where it is insulting to the guys who work thier butts off to achieve this level of certification. What I dont see is why bullwinkel gets so bent out shape over it when he doesnt even bother to sign his name or list his certification. When you put compare it to the buckle issue I can definatily understand where your coming from. I wear mine everyday with pride knowing its something I earned from hard work and dedication the same way you take pride in having CJF after your name.
Good judgement comes from experience... And a lot of that comes from bad judgement

Annoy a barefooter... SHOE horses!

RE:Ron K Logo 17 Jun 2008 01:14 #51

Bryan McElwee wrote:
Bullwinkle, You seem to have a real problem with this issue. WOuld it improve you shoeing or business any if he changed his logo? You seem to have to much time on your hands if all you have to do is worry about somebodys logo. Maybe you need to put yours on a few more business cards so you can pick up a few more clients and have less time to worry about petty stuff.

Bryan,EXACTLY!!!

RE:Ron K Logo 17 Jun 2008 02:14 #52

• Jack Evers
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 45
OK, I'll come in on the other side. I've got a little age on Tom, but it took me until 1986 (two trys) to get my CJF and as a part time shoer at that time, I was damned proud of it. The examiner was Jack Miller and believe me, if my work was up to Jack's standards, it was good.

That said, there are only a few items that most of us try to create a logo from and shoes and anvils are probably the most common. My logo is much like Ron's except for the lettering and although I am entitled to use the AFA Journeyman logo and have been so entitled for over 20 years, I wasn't even thinking about it when I designed mine. Until someone shows me where Ron ever represented himself as a CJF, I'm willing to accept that he never intended his logo to imply that he was a CJF.

Most of our logos are probably similar to some one else's.

a
Jack Evers CJF AFA#426

The best things about the good old days -- I wasn't good and I wasn't old.

The older I get, the more horses I shoe, the fewer things that I can absolutely, positively fix.

RE:Ron K Logo 17 Jun 2008 02:35 #53

Come on now, you guys need to leave Ron alone, the poor guy is having alot of trouble keeping shoes on, he doesn't need to be thinking about his logo, he needs to be thinking about how to keep a 00 shoe on without using SB6 nails.

Let the guy have his logo, his attitude, and character are not in question, they were questioned long ago, and I think he got the answer wrong.

I vote for leaving him alone, with his Knock off CFJ logo, and let him try and keep from loosing so many shoes.

Dave
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." Will Rogers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBimQu6Pxxs

RE:Ron K Logo 17 Jun 2008 10:48 #54

Dave Purves RJF wrote:
Come on now, you guys need to leave Ron alone, the poor guy is having alot of trouble keeping shoes on, he doesn't need to be thinking about his logo, he needs to be thinking about how to keep a 00 shoe on without using SB6 nails.

Let the guy have his logo, his attitude, and character are not in question, they were questioned long ago, and I think he got the answer wrong.

I vote for leaving him alone, with his Knock off CFJ logo, and let him try and keep from loosing so many shoes.

Dave

Hey, if you want to discuss helping Ron with keeping shoes on start a new thread. This one is about his logo. You hardly get on here anymore and when you finaly do you screw things up. Get with the program.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Ron K Logo 17 Jun 2008 10:57 #55

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
Phil Armitage...... You hardly get on here anymore and when you finaly do you screw things up. Get with the program.....

It's called having a book that is full and overflowing.:rolleyes:

RE:Ron K Logo 17 Jun 2008 11:08 #56

Jaye Perry wrote:
It's called having a book that is full and overflowing.:rolleyes:

Very good Jaye, you and Dave deserve another cookie, keep up the good work boys. :p:rolleyes:
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Ron K Logo 17 Jun 2008 11:11 #57

What I find so interesting at times is how much human behavior mirrors behavior from the animal world. In a hound kennel when two hounds get in a fight it is not at all unusual for the rest of the pack to tear into the first one injured. Often unless the kennelsman steps in they will kill that hound. The hound killed is not always the weakest, and it is all too often one that is a good hunting hound.

What can be easily taken as proof that there is little or no substance to the current round of accuse and attack is something simple on its own merits. If my logo design is so offensively a patent rip off and is so indistinguishable from the AFA Journeyman logo as is alleged by these oh so mortally offended individuals then perhaps they can find a explanation that everyone will buy into that will explain why it has taken them 15 months to notice? I started using my logo as my avatar the day after I got home from the Albuquerque convention and have not changed it since.

Like hounds, one made an unfounded accusation causing an injury. Like hounds the others with their own agenda and too much aggression unthinkingly have piled on. Tis a shame, because until farriers learn to act like mature professionals they will continue to be treated like dogs.

Adue
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...

RE:Ron K Logo 17 Jun 2008 11:19 #58

Ronald E. Kramedjian wrote:
What I find so interesting at times is how much human behavior mirrors behavior from the animal world. In a hound kennel when two hounds get in a fight it is not at all unusual for the rest of the pack to tear into the first one injured. Often unless the kennelsman steps in they will kill that hound. The hound killed is not always the weakest, and it is all too often one that is a good hunting hound.

Like hounds, one made an unfounded accusation causing an injury. Like hounds the others with their own agenda and too much aggression unthinkingly have piled on. Tis a shame, because until farriers learn to act like mature professionals they will continue to be treated like dogs.

Adue

Yea, exactly. This is why I had a problem with Bob's avatar. See he is trying to fly under the radar so the Kennelsman won't shoot him. That puts the rest of us dogs at risk. Woof, woof. :D

Relax, Ron it is not a big deal.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

RE:Ron K Logo 17 Jun 2008 12:32 #59

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
"The smaller the issue at hand, the larger the fight." The Political forum was never meant to be used (because it is the only forum where I allow the "gloves to come off") as a place to carry on personal vendettas concerning such items as their logo, avatar, etc.... I was hoping that it would quickly run its course and fade, but instead those of you who have participated in this mindless altercation have done nothing more than confirm the suspisions of thousand who read these forums every day, that you enjoy the "bloodsport" simply because you can. You've brought the whole profession down a few notches. I'm disgusted. And so are the hundreds of people who've sent me letters asking why you involve yourselves in such useless drivel which has no value at all. If you read the letters I receive, you'd be ashamed of yourselves.

Keep this forum focused on Politics, not personal issues. If you can't manage to do that, I'll take the whole Political forum and put it in the round file.

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

Kunena Birthday Module

• DogwoodFarm birthday is today
  • DressageReine birthday is today
  • ElCamino birthday is today
  • FarrierNTexas birthday is today
  • mark_jakopak birthday is today
  • Matt McMicken birthday is today
  • Matt_McMicken birthday is today
  • docsvoodoochic birthday is in 1 day
  • Ishoem4u birthday is in 1 day
  • JessyJay birthday is in 1 day
  • min54teresa birthday is in 1 day
  • TWH-BILL birthday is in 1 day
  • flossie55 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.