make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Monday June 27, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Ron K Logo

RE:Ron K Logo 15 Jun 2008 23:00 #16

• JimBondra
  • Very Senior Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Gentlemen,
In my opinion Ron's use of a very close version of the AFA's Journeyman logo in his advertising is misleading to the horseowner. I believe it to be unethical.
Years ago, I worked my butt off to pass that test and I am darn proud of it.
I don't like seeing it misused.
Jim
The topic has been locked.

RE:Ron K Logo 15 Jun 2008 23:08 #17

• ray steele
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 4
JimBondra wrote:
Gentlemen,
In my opinion Ron's use of a very close version of the AFA's Journeyman logo in his advertising is misleading to the horseowner. I believe it to be unethical.

Jim ,
I'm sure you've heard the saying"close but no cigar"

Jim

That's what I mean by personal(sp)

Regards

Ray Steele

RE:Ron K Logo 15 Jun 2008 23:21 #18

• JimBondra
  • Very Senior Member
Ray,
You bet it's personal!

Let's open a beer joint on the corner and call it Starbocks.:rolleyes:
According to Ron it would be no problem;)

RE:Ron K Logo 15 Jun 2008 23:28 #19

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
JimBondra wrote:
Gentlemen,
...is misleading to the horseowner.
Jim

As per the rules I abide by, I won't comment on Ron's use of the logo, good, bad or otherwise. What sparked this post was the snippet above, from Jim. I don't have the ability to do it (as I don't shoe any longer), but I'd like to know the results of (an admittedly non-scientific) test which would be done as follows: Have 3 index cards. On one, paste a print-out of the AFA logo without the words "American Farriers Association" below it. Just the graphic. On the second, paste a print-out of the Guild of Professional Farriers logo, once again without the words which run around the perimeter of the graphic. And on the third card paste the logo (such as it is) of the BWFA, without the words.

Now, whenever one of you meets a horseowner, take a moment to slip these 3 cards out of your pocket (you may want to laminate them, as I'm sure they'd desintegate from being sweat-soaked on the first day) and simply ask the horse owner if they know what the symbols on the cards represent. That's it. No other prompting (don't use the word "logo" as that is a clue). Don't provide guidance. It's not "20 questions." They either know what the symbols represent, or they don't.

I would venture to think that a majority may even guess that the symbols are logos of some sort, but I'd be surprised if more than 1 in 100 (and that may be optimistic) can accurately match ANY of the logos to the correct organization.

Would that be a good thing? I don't think so.... But it's not my place to tell the organizations how to promote themselves.

But it does beg the question of whether or not the comment made by Jim is accurate. A person can't be mislead if they have no prior knowledge of the subject.

OK, I'm moseying back behind the curtain now....

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:Ron K Logo 15 Jun 2008 23:37 #20

• ray steele
  • Master
JimBondra wrote:
Ray,
You bet it's personal!

Let's open a beer joint on the corner and call it Starbocks.:rolleyes:
According to Ron it would be no problem;)

Jim,

Brilliant,that's the type of thinking that gets a pint up!

Sir ,
I'm in it with you, suggestions in the future "Stout(as in Guinness) bochs(as in early hop)" rolling eyes(as in too much stout bochs):.When do we start?

Jim, seriously(that does not mean I want to discontinue the beer joint discussion), are we taking "law" or personnel(sp)? Cause Personal don't cut it legally!

Regards

Ray

RE:Ron K Logo 15 Jun 2008 23:56 #21

• JimBondra
  • Very Senior Member
[But it does beg the question of whether or not the comment made by Jim is accurate. A person can't be mislead if they have no prior knowledge of the subject.

OK, I'm moseying back behind the curtain now....

Baron /QUOTE]

No Baron, a person cannot be mislead if they have no prior knowledge of a subject. But, they can and will be mislead by false advertising. Just look at the BUA sites.
Jim

RE:Ron K Logo 15 Jun 2008 23:59 #22

• ray steele
  • Master
bullwinkel wrote:
I think you will find it comes down to, was it your original design & concept ? plagiarized, who registered the logo first, could it be mistaken for or misled that it is representing some one easels organization, are there monetary gains to be made by it being mistaken & could there be damage to the reputation of the other organisation though misrepresentation , does it now render the other organisations logo ambiguous, & what monitory loses will the other organisation suffer due to that occurring .

Know back to nails Ron sounds like your not back punching your shoes properly & galling the shank of the nail, i doubt very much it would be the quality of the steel, they regularly batch test the grade & composition of the metal every run, its a intranet proses, if its not the right constancy the dies wont form the nails properly, a blind man would notices in production.

As a person who bought thousands of pounds, and or thousands of kilos of Capewell nails,as seconds, I would differ with your opinion that a blind mad would notice(s) id(it). I think Baron might even back me up on this.

Regards

Ray Steele

RE:Ron K Logo 16 Jun 2008 00:01 #23

• JimBondra
  • Very Senior Member
Hey Hey Hey!!!!!
You can't tak about nails on this thread!!!!! You'll get it locked:D:D

RE:Ron K Logo 16 Jun 2008 00:07 #24

• Cyber Farrier
  • Master
That's right! Stick to the subject.

Baron
“Suppose you were an ******. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”
- Mark Twain

“There is no distinctly native American criminal class... save Congress.”
-Mark Twain

“No man's life, liberty, or property is safe...

RE:Ron K Logo 16 Jun 2008 00:11 #25

• ray steele
  • Master
Jim,

your correct! I think!

Well back to beer! oops I'm all out.

Regards

Ray Steele

RE:Ron K Logo 16 Jun 2008 00:28 #26

• JimBondra
  • Very Senior Member
Well I guess Ron,s going to change his logo ,because he sure isn't defending himself.

Save me a beer Ray!
Jim

RE:Ron K Logo 16 Jun 2008 00:42 #27

• ray steele
  • Master
bullwinkel wrote:
Really then how did they distinguish the firsts from the seconds ??? not by logo i hope :D

bullwinkkel;

Start a different thread and I'll tell you what I know. or pm me

regards Ray Steele

RE:Ron K Logo 16 Jun 2008 00:44 #28

• BPethick
  • Very Senior Member
JimBondra wrote:
Gentlemen,
Jim

Jim,

The time you spent working your butt off to pass the test is why you shoe horses as well as you do.

Ron's use of a logo that is similar to the CJF logo is not going to improve his work to anywhere near the quality you have achieved.

If an individual needs to use a similar logo to feel good about ones work... who cares? :D
Bob Pethick CJF AFA #1340
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Only those who have the patience to do things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily...

RE:Ron K Logo 16 Jun 2008 00:56 #29

• George Geist
  • Master
BPethick wrote:
If an individual needs to use a similar logo to feel good about ones work... who cares? :D
Bob,
I think I can tell where he's coming from. I once had a friend who liked to embellish and brag on his military exploits. We all knew him to be a bit of a Walter Mitty type so we excused his talk and laughed him off.

There came a night he was in a bar someplace and a very large individual grabbed him and threw him against a wall. Told him "I am Master Sergeant __________ , I've been in that outfit for the last 25 years and I know everyone who's come and gone and I don't know you!" "What are you doing with that effing jacket on?!"

Good thing my buddy was able to talk his way out of that mess because it looked like his BS was going to finally get him hurt.

Moral of the story is some military guys take stuff like their outfits they served in very seriously. Some horseshoers obviously take their certification status seriously as well. This appears to be what we're seeing here.
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:Ron K Logo 16 Jun 2008 00:59 #30

• George Geist
  • Master
bullwinkel wrote:
I don't think the prior knowledge argument would stand up in court imo, it would be counter successfully argued, that seen as the person had no prior knowledge of the subject he was swayed by the graphics in the logo, if the court excerpts that plagarisation took place,& that the other organisations logo represented any form of "marketing tool" then it would come with in the boundaries of (monitory gain) there for damages would be awarded by the court. i think nails is a safer forum subject to turn ones attention to now.
Hey Moose,
Wonder if that's a registered copyrighted trademark? If not Ron can put all his lawyers to work registering it to him then sue the AFA:D

That sure would liven things up here on horseshoes.com wouldn't it?
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

Kunena Birthday Module

• AClement birthday is today
  • andreanelson birthday is today
  • dani_shoes78 birthday is today
  • Docbarhorse birthday is today
  • SherryinPA birthday is today
  • WeercerigD10C birthday is today
  • Mike Chaffin birthday is in 1 day
  • shelby820 birthday is in 1 day
  • hatcher barry birthday is in 2 days
  • cowgirlup birthday is in 364 days
  • gabear67E2 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.