make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday June 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!!

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 11 Apr 2008 03:03 #16

• FIVESTAR
Another great example of what the AFA can do for you is my dad. He began shoeing horses full time in 1967. He said that when he starting shoeing horses, there wasn't an educational system in place like we have now. He would pull into a barn to work where another farrier was and they would stop working so he couldn't watch or learn what they knew. It was a "every man for himself" kind of thinking. When I bought my first forge, I bought him one too. That was in 1995... When I got a cool new "toy", he got one too. By 1998, he had attained his Certified Journeyman Farrier at the age of 50.

If you were ask him today, how long he's been shoeing horses, his reply would be, "I've only been shoeing horses for about 10 years but I've sure nailed on a lot of iron before that!"

He is now a AFA tester, Division 3 competitor, and a man I admire greatly.

These are positive examples of how the AFA can benefit everyone regardless of their age or skill level. There is something there for EVERYONE!

Dusty Franklin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 11 Apr 2008 03:07 #17

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
Dusty,
That is one familiar story to a number of farriers who have found themselves facing an injury and wondering what they will do.

Stories like this one make me proud of our vocation and the MANY good folks we come to know.

The AFA is one such place.

Hope to meet you some where down the road.

Bruce
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 11 Apr 2008 04:40 #18

Some more.......

All the clinicians that take time away from their busy schedules to show up and help us all----
Craig Trnka
Shayne Carter
Jim Keith
Roy Bloom
Dusty Franklin
Chris Gregory
Bruce Daniels

The list is endless!!!

And I will 2nd the gals at the AFA office, they go the extra mile everytime
:cool:www.blinddogforge.com

Bob Guyon JR.
Lakeside, CA

"Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Now lets the rest of us go on to Montana." -Augustus McCrae

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 11 Apr 2008 10:50 #19

vthorseshoe wrote:
Phil,

If it wasn't for many of the "good ole boys" there wouldn't be such wonderful clinicians for the groups that gather at Meaders and Horse Shoe's plus and other groups and suppliers who put on clinics for your benifit around the country.

Good ole boy Bob Skadzio has for gotten more than I will ever know in my little finger.

Bruce Daniels and Myron McClain have given a huge part of their lives, family time and carees so young pups coming up in this industry might avoid some of the ruts in the road they went through.

The Kritz brothers, John and Joe, started more farrier careers than many shoeing schools. and most of their apprentices are still shoeing top end horses.

Buster Conklin (I hope I have his last name correct) produced many a farrier from Cornell, my instructor for one.

From the east coast to the west coast and across Canada, it was and is the Good ole boys who guided the carreer you love into what it is today.
Bob Marshall, Doug Butler, J.Scott Simpson.
These are familiar names. How about the good ole boys in your back yard and back yards all across America and Canada ?

The examples could go on and on, so don't be so jovial about getting rid of the good ole boys.
They are still here and still doing more for the farriers associations than many of the new pups strutting around.

This thread is for good things to be said, so tell us about a "good ole boy" you admire . Heck Gene is old enough now to be a good ole boy and he has influenced many a farrier today.

my 2 cents

It appears you do not understand what "good ole boy" means.

Good ole boy network is not a positive attribute for any organization. Not all the ole guys and gals in the AFA are considered good ole boys.

Long time AFA members that have been very helpful. Matt Gillis, excellent teacher, approachable, friendly, first one to teach me how to properly work the horn of the anvil. Mitch Taylor who took the time to go over how he trims and balances feet, sharpen my knife and make a square toe. John Blombach, who invites anyone to his shop and will work with you one on one, Rick Burten an excellent clinician, who is willing to share what works well for him like shoe placement and support, how to analyze the whole horse while standing and moving. Jim Smith with shoe making and modifications, Recently Bob Pethic and Eric Russell. The AFA is full of great people like the ones I mentioned and I am sure everyone of them is thankful to the AFA and feel that they would not be where they are today without the AFA. But I have to say, the AFA would not be where it is today without these people. These guys are not good ole boys, they are open minded, caring individuals and the AFA has many more folks like this that make the AFA what it is.

How about the gals that are AFA Farriers, not just office help? Is Allie Hayes a member of the AFA? Patty Stiller was a AFA member and went for certification. Recently Tom Stoval said she knows her stuff. I marked that date as a historical date. Patty has been extremely helpful. I have always considered the trim as the most important part of the job and her detailed explanation and shoeing ideas on a variety of hoof problems has been extremely helpful and work.

How about Tom Stoval, his information about horses, mechanics, the differences between the front and hind, his loyalty to the AFA. I do not consider Tom a good ole boy. He may come here for entertainment, but the bottom line he is here and he takes the time to help and explain things. I need my Stoval decoder ring at times to figure out what he is getting at, but that is just good exercise for the brain. Thanks Tom for taking the time and I am practicing for a rematch with Jeff Holder. Believe it or not I was serious about coming to Texas and competing with Jeff, this got me out there heating up and mangling steel that I thought looked pretty good only to have you guys humble my butt big time when I posted my art work. :D

Funny thing in a round about weird way I have improved and it helps my day to day work and owe the AFA and this forum a huge thank you. I would not be where I am (as small as it is) today without it. :D

Just my opinion but the AFA needs to shake the Good ole boy perception. It is tough enough to get guys and gals involved and participating as it is, without the intimidation or annoying good ole boy mentality.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 14 Apr 2008 22:01 #20

• TRIP HAMMER
  • Contributing Member
Guys,
I was on the AFA website this morning and the announcement and link to the press release about the World Equestrian Games and AFA's participation was presented on the home page. Check it out - pretty cool!
John Blombach
"That it will never come again is what makes life so sweet"

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 18 Apr 2008 00:29 #21

If it wasn't for the AFA, I wouldn't be the farrier I am today. I owe my career to some of the greats in the industry. In particular, Jock Owings, CJF. Pat Connor, CJF. Bob Marshall. Craig Trnka, CJF. Jim Poor, CJF. Shane Carter, CJF.
Need I list more. And less I forget, Danny Ward and Doug Butler whom I think everyone has learned something from. One other group especially is the VHA. Those fellows are simply the best. especially Derin. To all these people I am forever indebted.

Thank You.
Jason Sharer, CF

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 18 Apr 2008 03:21 #22

• Jack Evers
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 45
My story is similar, I've had an interesting and exciting career, a number of nationally and internationally ranked clients and horses, a couple of trips to Europe as team farrier for the USA endurance team at the World Championships and believe me when you're on the other side of the big pond listening to our National Anthem and watching our flag go up as our team and/or our rider recieves a gold medal, it's an indescribable thrill.

On the other side of the coin is the ability and knowledge to keep a sore legged or sore footed old kid's horse usable until the kid grows up. Been there, done that and it's also a thrill.

None of this would have happened to me if the AFA hadn't come along when it did. Small Town, Wyoming didn't offer me the resources or talent that was afforded by the AFA. I'll always be indebted to the organization.
Jack Evers CJF AFA#426

The best things about the good old days -- I wasn't good and I wasn't old.

The older I get, the more horses I shoe, the fewer things that I can absolutely, positively fix.

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 18 Apr 2008 05:30 #23

Phil Armitage wrote:
It appears you do not understand what "good ole boy" means.

Good ole boy network is not a positive attribute for any organization. Not all the ole guys and gals in the AFA are considered good ole boys.

Long time AFA members that have been very helpful. Matt Gillis, excellent teacher, approachable, friendly, first one to teach me how to properly work the horn of the anvil. Mitch Taylor who took the time to go over how he trims and balances feet, sharpen my knife and make a square toe. John Blombach, who invites anyone to his shop and will work with you one on one, Rick Burten an excellent clinician, who is willing to share what works well for him like shoe placement and support, how to analyze the whole horse while standing and moving. Jim Smith with shoe making and modifications, Recently Bob Pethic and Eric Russell. The AFA is full of great people like the ones I mentioned and I am sure everyone of them is thankful to the AFA and feel that they would not be where they are today without the AFA. But I have to say, the AFA would not be where it is today without these people. These guys are not good ole boys, they are open minded, caring individuals and the AFA has many more folks like this that make the AFA what it is.

How about the gals that are AFA Farriers, not just office help? Is Allie Hayes a member of the AFA? Patty Stiller was a AFA member and went for certification. Recently Tom Stoval said she knows her stuff. I marked that date as a historical date. Patty has been extremely helpful. I have always considered the trim as the most important part of the job and her detailed explanation and shoeing ideas on a variety of hoof problems has been extremely helpful and work.

How about Tom Stoval, his information about horses, mechanics, the differences between the front and hind, his loyalty to the AFA. I do not consider Tom a good ole boy. He may come here for entertainment, but the bottom line he is here and he takes the time to help and explain things. I need my Stoval decoder ring at times to figure out what he is getting at, but that is just good exercise for the brain. Thanks Tom for taking the time and I am practicing for a rematch with Jeff Holder. Believe it or not I was serious about coming to Texas and competing with Jeff, this got me out there heating up and mangling steel that I thought looked pretty good only to have you guys humble my butt big time when I posted my art work. :D

Funny thing in a round about weird way I have improved and it helps my day to day work and owe the AFA and this forum a huge thank you. I would not be where I am (as small as it is) today without it. :D

Just my opinion but the AFA needs to shake the Good ole boy perception. It is tough enough to get guys and gals involved and participating as it is, without the intimidation or annoying good ole boy mentality.
Hey Phil , Those Afa girls would kick my ass,, Kelly V, Cari Z, Sara F-"fergalicious", Raliegh D,----Pretty Stought group !!

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 18 Apr 2008 07:31 #24

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
Jack Evers wrote:
when you're on the other side of the big pond listening to our National Anthem and watching our flag go up as our team and/or our rider recieves a gold medal, it's an indescribable thrill.

Jack,
For me, you hit the nail on the head. Being OCONUS, this is my link "home". It is a way for me to keeping my belonging. There isn't much here that the AFA can do for me, because Danish people don't know or hardly recongnize their own farrier's union. But it is the pride of belonging, being an American. And once I complete their certification, hopefully focus on an AFA certification as well.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 19 Apr 2008 14:01 #25

• Scott Chaney
  • Contributing Member
danverschild wrote:
virtually everything I know about shoeing horses has come either directly or indirectly from the AFA.

.....that explains a lot....:D

They have recognition from the WCF.

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 19 Apr 2008 23:42 #26

• Jaye Perry
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 1
Scott Chaney wrote:
.....that explains a lot....:D

They have recognition from the WCF.

Look at the AFA research fund and designation of monies.:confused::confused::rolleyes:

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 20 Apr 2008 02:22 #27

Jaye Perry wrote:
Look at the AFA research fund and designation of monies.:confused::confused::rolleyes:
What is your point??

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 20 Apr 2008 02:41 #28

I tried to look it up, but with no success, looks like the site is down again, please PM me info , if you would , thanks Jake

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 20 Apr 2008 13:10 #29

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Jake Whitman wrote:
I tried to look it up, but with no success, looks like the site is down again, please PM me info , if you would , thanks Jake
Probably wouldn't have happened had the powers that be allowed the IT committee to do its job. JMNTBCHO of course.

Rick
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 20 Apr 2008 17:13 #30

• Bill Adams
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 9
I like it for the fact that it provides all of the above and and a great magazine, another fifty grand insurance with no cost for the membership (after the generous discounts on house paint, trucks, tractors, etc. are used).
I have in fact gotten back the member ship fee from the discount at my local Scherwin-Williams Paint store.

A rightous man regardeth the life of his beast. Proverbs 12:10
I don't give a damn for a man who can only spell a word one way. Mark Twain
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• frothies birthday is today
  • hatcher barry birthday is today
  • Felda5032 birthday is in 1 day
  • James L Duncan birthday is in 1 day
  • magicfingers birthday is in 1 day
  • Mike Chaffin birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.