make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Thursday December 1, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!!

One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 09 Apr 2008 17:38 #1

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
With all that is said

All readers and members, for ONE SECOND, think of something good you can say and post it on this thread.
For ONE MOMENT, leave the negative off and for the other threads !!

I will start this off with a tribute to the Ladies of the office !!

The ladies who make the everyday chores in the AFA run as smooth as possible.
I have personally met these Ladies and my admiration for them is the highest.

WITHOUT these Ladies, no one would get anything processed, handed out, co-ordinated and so on.

These Ladies are the grease that keeps the wheels turning.

I bow at the waist and take my hat off to each and everyone of them.
Thankyou for the work you gals do. Silent for the most part from others.
But as important if not MORE important than the rest.

Every member should thank them for the calls they answer, the material they collect or pull for you or your association, for being the sounding board for more times than I can imagine, and countless other chores to NUMEROUS to mention...

A heartfelt Thankyou

Bruce Matthews #1300
Northeast Drafthorse Shoeing LLC
Past President/Founder of Vermont Farriers Association.
AFA Membership Committee
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 09 Apr 2008 18:28 #2

• Gary_Miller
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
The certification program.

Dick Funguy
Gary Miller, PF

Ride hard, shoot straight, and always speak the truth.
Gunfighter Motto

"Our level of quality is how well our eye can see it." (Eric Russell, Oct 2008, Horseshoes.com)

"Discover what it is that makes you passionate then grab a firm...

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 09 Apr 2008 23:56 #3

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
I agree. :)
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 10 Apr 2008 00:37 #4

In among the membership there are some very talented people, willing to help.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 10 Apr 2008 12:01 #5

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
Come on people !!!

I have given each of you an opportnity to say one thing positive, and only 3 others have responded.

If this doesn't make you stop and think for a moment where your head is at I want to know why.

If all you can spout is negativety then it is time to call in a shrink !!!

For everyone who says we want to stop the bickering, here is your chance to say something good for all to read.

For all who want change in the AFA and the farrier indistry, here is your chance to influence others !!!

I don't care if you say the logo is eye catching..... Being positive starts with a mustard seed and grows from there.

For those of you who are stuck in the mire of negativity then I wish you the best, cause instead of sunshine i imagine you see dark clouds daily.

my 2 cents
-but-

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 10 Apr 2008 12:29 #6

• lonestar
Its easy to spell. AfA
Chris Schaeffner

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 10 Apr 2008 12:59 #7

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
Its easier to use a small a when i meant to use a capital A

I am truy disapointed in everyone.

Just goes to prove the old adage;
"Bad news sells" No one is really interested in "Good News"

It trly is a sad world !!
-but-

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 10 Apr 2008 15:55 #8

People who care enough about the association and the profession that they hang in and bang in and make things work, while not singing their own praises or bad-mouthing anyone else. People that you can count on to be there, working to make things work...

People like Tim Dodd, who misses much of the convention each year because he's doing the Fire Marshall job. People like Eric Nygaard, who cares enough that he's dialing into an EC conference call from an ICU unit. People like Roy Williams, who's flying into Florida to do horses for Eric while he's in the hospital. People like John Voigt, who misses almost 30 days of work a year to run the AFA certification program. People like Greg Johnson, who works tirelessly to coordinate the convention. People like Bobby Ordner, who drives a six-hour round trip almost weekly to work with me in preparing for his CJF exams. People like Mike Griffin, who kept working and working and bettering himself without complaint until he got through those exams. People....
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
http://www.foxtailforge.com

“Watch what people are cynical about, and you will often discover what they lack." General George S. Patton Jr.

"Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than...

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 10 Apr 2008 18:13 #9

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
people named above. Many folks aren't even familiar with their names.
People who work behind the scene's without ever asking for any notoriaty, but desearve all the praise we should be giving them.

Commitment
Dedication
and an all outright desire to work for something they believe in !!!

I take my hat off to all of you.

My 2 cents
-but-

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 10 Apr 2008 23:27 #10

Bruce I have another. Good ole boys don't last forever. So there is hope for the AFA.

Not only is it positive, but I think it is funny as heck. :D:D
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 11 Apr 2008 00:38 #11

• BPethick
  • Very Senior Member
If it wasn"t for the AFA I would not be the Farrier I am today.

Due to the opportunity to be a AFA Team member and the interaction of All the Farriers I have met over many years worldwide.

The AFA provided that opportunity.
Bob Pethick CJF AFA #1340
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Only those who have the patience to do things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily...

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 11 Apr 2008 01:15 #12

• holden_cj
Anyone that spends sometime at the Convention getting to know new farriers and friends. Will find that it is a invalubale resource of knowlege and a great networking tool. I am a young farrier and I have said it once and I will say it again it is sad that men who share the love of shoeing horses cant stand on common ground and find themselves stronger to stand together then to thoses whom choose to stand on the outside and throw rocks and make faces. But I am a member and I will remain a member because I love what I do and I love the association that represents my vocation.

Now Off My Soap Box

Cody J. Holden CF,

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 11 Apr 2008 01:54 #13

BPethick wrote:
If it wasn"t for the AFA I would not be the Farrier I am today.

Due to the opportunity to be a AFA Team member and the interaction of All the Farriers I have met over many years worldwide.

The AFA provided that opportunity.

Yes. And, there's a trickle-down that comes with that. People like yourself, who give back from those experiences. I remember when Don Gustafson came back from the first Cultural Exchange and taught me--and others--how to bob punch clips, something most of us hadn't even seen at that point.

I also remember Bruce Daniels coming south on his own nickel to do a clinic for the SFA, and a bunch of other good ol' boys who gave freely of their knowledge, skill, and talent. I do wish they could live forever.

In any case, as I've said before, virtually everything I know about shoeing horses has come either directly or indirectly from the AFA.
~~Danvers

Danvers Child, CJF

http://www.foxtailforge.com

“Watch what people are cynical about, and you will often discover what they lack." General George S. Patton Jr.

"Human beings are perhaps never more frightening than...

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 11 Apr 2008 02:29 #14

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
Phil,

If it wasn't for many of the "good ole boys" there wouldn't be such wonderful clinicians for the groups that gather at Meaders and Horse Shoe's plus and other groups and suppliers who put on clinics for your benifit around the country.

Good ole boy Bob Skadzio has for gotten more than I will ever know in my little finger.

Bruce Daniels and Myron McClain have given a huge part of their lives, family time and carees so young pups coming up in this industry might avoid some of the ruts in the road they went through.

The Kritz brothers, John and Joe, started more farrier careers than many shoeing schools. and most of their apprentices are still shoeing top end horses.

Buster Conklin (I hope I have his last name correct) produced many a farrier from Cornell, my instructor for one.

From the east coast to the west coast and across Canada, it was and is the Good ole boys who guided the carreer you love into what it is today.
Bob Marshall, Doug Butler, J.Scott Simpson.
These are familiar names. How about the good ole boys in your back yard and back yards all across America and Canada ?

The examples could go on and on, so don't be so jovial about getting rid of the good ole boys.
They are still here and still doing more for the farriers associations than many of the new pups strutting around.

This thread is for good things to be said, so tell us about a "good ol boy" you admire . Heck Gene is old enough now to be a good ole boy and he has influenced many a farrier today.

my 2 cents
-but-

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:One Thing That Is Right With The Afa!!! 11 Apr 2008 02:45 #15

• FIVESTAR
I guess I should start by saying that my career would have gone completely different if it weren't for the AFA. I'm a third generation farrier who learned to shoe cold at a very early age. When I went out on my own and starting shoeing horses, I was charging $35 a horse and struggling to make a living at it. In 1993, I met a Certified Journeyman Farrier, Charlie Comstock, that brought me into the fold and introduced me to the AFA and a "forge". Since that day, I've gone full force with the AFA and have been involved in many aspects of the association which has done nothing but advance my career.

My involvement in the certification process as a candidate, then as a tester, and eventually as an Examiner has introduced me to many people that I call my friends. In my opinion, gaining your certification is not a final goal, but a very educational process that we all go through. It teaches you the basics of horseshoeing as well as the comradarie that you can gain in working with others in your profession that are working towards the same goal as you. I've competed in contests since 1995 and have friends from all over the United States to call if I ever need advise on a building a shoe or a roadblock that I may have come across.

In addition to all that, we are a group of self employed individuals that have to depend on ourselves and each other. I recently got a dose of this firsthand when I broke my hand and had to have surgery. Within days of breaking my hand, I had phone calls from people in over 15 states ready to come and work for me to keep my business running. I've had 10 guys in the last two weeks take time from their schedule and families to help me out.

It makes me think.... Where would I be without the AFA? I'd probably still be shoeing horses for $50 and scrambling to keep up while I'm out of work. Makes it worth the membership and the time that I have put into the AFA.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this.... This association is like life... You will only get out of it what you put into it.

Dusty Franklin, CJF #4361
AFA Examiner
Certification Area 2 Supervisor
Region 2 Board of Directors
Owner/Operator - Five Star Horseshoeing School
And proud to call myself a Farrier
  • Page:

Kunena Birthday Module

• DogwoodFarm birthday is today
  • DressageReine birthday is today
  • ElCamino birthday is today
  • FarrierNTexas birthday is today
  • mark_jakopak birthday is today
  • Matt McMicken birthday is today
  • Matt_McMicken birthday is today
  • docsvoodoochic birthday is in 1 day
  • Ishoem4u birthday is in 1 day
  • JessyJay birthday is in 1 day
  • min54teresa birthday is in 1 day
  • TWH-BILL birthday is in 1 day
  • flossie55 birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.