make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Sunday May 22, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: AFA Certification

RE:AFA Certification 05 May 2008 09:54 #256

• smitty88
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 64
Bob,
Was that year 1979 in Ireland
i could be wrong but i think

Ireland held the first International
in the RDS

i think the USA brought over a team
any way we are not part of the UK
Smitty88
John Mc Loughlin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:AFA Certification 05 May 2008 12:41 #257

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
clinkercjf wrote:
Thank you Mr. Pethick for clarifying that to someone who should have known.
ROTFLMAO!

I do know. There was a bruha over there about the legality of allowing non-certified/registered farriers to ply their trade/compete. IIRC, had we not been able to work out an accomodation, we weren't going to be able to compete in England anymore.

Now the "negotiations" may have taken a while but as I recall, we weren't going back to England until "proper arrangements" had been made.

Spin it anyway you want, but that's what we were told by our leadership. And we should always believe our leadership, right?

At least that requirement makes more sense than the one requiring AFA officers(Treasurer excepted) to hold a CJF in order to be eligible for office. Nothing like excluding the majority of your membership from the right to hold office. As if being a CJF has anything whatsoever to do with holding office.......
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:AFA Certification 05 May 2008 12:49 #258

• Rick Burten
  • Enforcer
  • Thank you received: 50
Phil Armitage wrote:
Common sense Rick. What other orginization in the US has more members and certified farriers?
That's it? Those are the reasons? (shakes head), unbelievable.

So according to you, size does matter. :eek:

I suppose it would be politically incorrect to wonder why such an organization has a preponderance of non-certified members, and continues to show a decline in membership, including those who sought and achieved certification and subsequently "left the fold" never to return.....
Rick Burten PF

In the immortal words of Ron White: "But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix S-tupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. S-tupid is forever."
."

Je pense donc je suis

RE:AFA Certification 06 May 2008 02:48 #259

• Craig Trnka
I've read this whole thread and it is pretty interesting how passionate farriers are about the subject, but somehow the most important aspect has been lost. To go and watch a farrier perform some aspect of our trade is educational. It does not matter if they shoe like me or not I have traveled all over the world to see horses get trimmed and shod. I like to be where the rubber meets the road. It does not matter if it is a comp. a cert. a clinic, or a convention I enjoy watching someone demonstrating skill in my trade. All of these events are just an excuse to do one thing---exchange ideas and bounce things off one another. You don't like someone judging you, don't have them judge you. You should still go to see what's going on. There is no end to the rainbow, you think you are a bada** there is always someone who is more of a bada** and hopefully you will run into them (If your lucky) You hate square toers? chances are you will need to shoe one with square toes next week. Hate perimeter fit? that will be coming down the pike too. Hate shoes? Why would you cut that little appliance out of your bag of goodies? When you think your talking to an ********* make sure their not doing the same thing. The future is wide open for a student but its pretty limited for an expert.

The #1 AFA member benefit is networking with all the cool people I have met and taught me stuff, and a lot of those people were not AFA members. Some are certified and some are not.

Keep going and keep learning and remember you will die before you know it all, that I can assure you.

Just what I've noticed in this thread.

Craig Trnka:)
"I have never seen a barefoot trimmer that was barefoot." Me

RE:AFA Certification 06 May 2008 03:15 #260

Well Said ,Sir , Well Said!!!!

RE:AFA Certification 06 May 2008 05:46 #261

• EDeSocio
  • Very Senior Member
Craig Trnka wrote:
... The future is wide open for a student but its pretty limited for an expert.

Craig Trnka:)

Craig sure has a way of impacting me by statements he makes. First time I saw Craig he was giving a clinic before a contest. His opening statement was, "I have failed more than anyone sitting here in this audience..."

That right there told me he was someone to pay attention to. I have never had that impression change!
"Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!"

Eric DeSocio CF

RE:AFA Certification 08 May 2008 05:24 #262

Eric Russell wrote:
I attended one afa phone conference. I had to listen to the biggest bunch of *****s I've ever listened to in my life. I highly suggest people get involved and sit through a conference call. It might have not been my calling. Although, I'm still waiting to see about those precerts! I listened to a bunch of guys ***** and moan and I haven't heard about all these precerts going on.
Been to three of them --great stuff going on!!! Sure has helped some guys!! Sorry you have a bad outlook on it.

RE:AFA Certification 09 May 2008 14:36 #263

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Phil Armitage wrote:
Common sense Rick. What other orginization in the US has more members and certified farriers?
I think BWFA has you beat by far. Last time I checked their website they had about 8000 and I'd suppose almost all are certified.

Rick Burten wrote:
That's it? Those are the reasons? (shakes head), unbelievable.

So according to you, size does matter. :eek:

I suppose it would be politically incorrect to wonder why such an organization has a preponderance of non-certified members, and continues to show a decline in membership, including those who sought and achieved certification and subsequently "left the fold" never to return.....

Is food for thought;)
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:AFA Certification 09 May 2008 14:52 #264

• Tom Stovall CJF
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 1
George Geist in gray

I think BWFA has you beat by far. Last time I checked their website they had about 8000

Anybody can claim anything, but I'd bet a little that an independent audit of the dues-paying membership would be nowhere near that number.

and I'd suppose almost all are certified.

Dog's too?

Is food for thought;)

Ever since the BWFA tried to sell me a "master" certification, their credibility has been hovering around zero on my personal scale, so I'm a bit skeptical of any claims emanating from Ralph's private cash cow.
Tom Stovall, CJF
"The only foolish question is the one left unasked."

RE:AFA Certification 09 May 2008 14:56 #265

• George Geist
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 3
Tom Stovall, CJF wrote:
Ever since the BWFA tried to sell me a "master" certification, their credibility has been hovering around zero on my personal scale, so I'm a bit skeptical of any claims emanating from Ralph's private cash cow.

We're only talking numbers here since that was most important to Phil;)

And stricly by numbers I suppose dogs do count as well:D
George
For another fun place to play........
www.horseshoersforum.invisionzone.com
Come over and say hello.

RE:AFA Certification 10 May 2008 03:22 #266

George Geist wrote:
We're only talking numbers here since that was most important to Phil;)

And stricly by numbers I suppose dogs do count as well:D
George

Credibility is also important to me. I could have joined the BWFA, paid my dues and easily been certified with no effort years ago. :rolleyes:
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:AFA Certification 10 May 2008 03:30 #267

Phil Armitage wrote:
Credibility is also important to me. I could have joined the BWFA, paid my dues and easily been certified with no effort years ago. :rolleyes:
I'll Bite ! So what do you think is credible?

RE:AFA Certification 10 May 2008 03:33 #268

• Gary Hill
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 6
Ole Ralph will grandfather anyone into his club!:eek:
"As I see it, winners get the money - while losers talk of "individual goals" and similar stuff." Tom Stovall

RE:AFA Certification 10 May 2008 03:48 #269

Jake Whitman wrote:
I'll Bite ! So what do you think is credible?

Jake I joined this forum years ago for one reason, to speak up against barefoot, after I realised the Internet is full of barefoot websites and very few websites about shoeing like this forum.

AFA and Natural Balance, both are credible in my book and great source of education.

For some reason you like busting my chops, no problem. :)
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:AFA Certification 10 May 2008 20:11 #270

• Bo Terry
Phil Armitage wrote:
Jake I joined this forum years ago for one reason, to speak up against barefoot, after I realised the Internet is full of barefoot websites and very few websites about shoeing like this forum.

AFA and Natural Balance, both are credible in my book and great source of education.

For some reason you like busting my chops, no problem. :)

Phil..since you are such a strong supporter of AFA Cert., why then do you continue to avoid it? Membership as well? Just curious.

Bo

Kunena Birthday Module

• ShirleyJ birthday is today
  • Soundhooves birthday is today
  • Blackzmith birthday is in 1 day
  • Lisapony birthday is in 1 day
  • Mike Langhof birthday is in 1 day
  • filmbak62F7 birthday is in 363 days
  • ALL HOOF FARRIER SERVICES birthday is in 364 days
  • JOHNNDERIDD birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.