make up natural cara make up make up tutorial make up korea make up minimalis make up artis make up mata belajar make up make up wardah alat make up makeup forever indonesia makeup artist jakarta tips make up barbie make up natural make up make up wajah make up pesta make up syahrini makeup mata makeup minimalis peralatan make up make up cantik make up mac make up kit jual make up make up sederhana perlengkapan make up gambar make up vidio make up cara makeup minimalis wardah make up make up pac make up glamour cara memakai makeup make up panggung harga make up make up modern make up alami make up dasar pixy make up make up muslimah make up oriflame make up jepang makeover cosmetic make up ultima make up sariayu grosir make up makeup fantasi makeup pesta tas makeup langkah make up make up pria make up malam alat makeup tahapan make up produk make up shading make up mak up make up kebaya make up jilbab make up inez make up simpel contoh make up cara ber makeup makeup wajah tanpa make up make up terbaru toko make up mac makeup indonesia make up soft urutan make up trik make up makeover makeup brand gusnaldi make up paket make up panduan make up jual makeup brush make up bagus alat2 make up make up gusnaldi aplikasi make up alat alat makeup dasar make up inez make up peralatan makeup make up wanita make up berjilbab make up tebal sejarah make up make up maybeline make up branded make up siang tata cara makeup reseller make up make up muslim make up maybelin warna make up tips make up artist rias make up make up mata make up artis belajar make up make up artist kursus make up kuas make up make up forever indonesia jual make up mac indonesia make up make up artist indonesia harga make up forever jual make up online make up pac make up forever jakarta make up oriflame jual make up forever make up online shop indonesia harga make up sekolah make up grosir make up harga make up maybelline jual make up murah make up terbaru mak up mac make up indonesia sofia make up make up kit murah mac makeup indonesia produk make up jual make up kit make up store indonesia make up forever academy jakarta toko make up online jual make up set jual make up mac make up beauty jual make up branded produk make up mac make up forever harga make up mac indonesia produk make up artis jual make up palette produk make up forever make up palette murah before after make up pengantin before after make up sendiri before n after hasil makeup contoh make up karakter contoh riasan pengantin before n after harga make up wisuda harga make up artist harga make up forever make up wisuda rias wisuda di jogja Daftar harga make up forever daftar harga make up mac daftar harga kosmetik make up forever makeup wisuda harga makeup wisuda kursus make up di yogyakarta kursus make up di jogja kursus make up jogja kursus make up yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di yogyakarta kursus kecantikan di jogja kursus make up artist di jogja kursus rias pengantin di jogja kursus rias di yogyakarta kursus tata rias di yogyakarta rias pengantin muslim jogja jasa kreasi jilbab wisuda yogyakarta jasa rias make up wisuda murah bagus bisa dpanggil tempat make uf di jigja yang bagus rias wisuda murah dan berkualitas yogyakarta pakar kreasi jilbab di jogja make uper natural yogya make up wisuda hijab area jogja make up dan kreasi jilbab yang bagus di jogja jasa make up natural untuk wisuda jogja makeup jogja make up jogja makeup yogyakarta make up yogyakarta makeup wisuda jogja make up wisuda jogja make up wisuda yogyakarta makeup wisuda yogyakarta
Wednesday June 29, 2022
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Whats up with the AFA?

RE:Whats up with the AFA? 01 Apr 2008 14:07 #121

Mark_Gough wrote:
Thanks for taking time to provide the additional information Ronald and for the warm welcome to the organization.
Mark,

You are most welcome. BTW, you can just call me Ron.

Mark_Gough wrote:
The current rift represents an organizational pathology whose most causal origins reside in the following, common management dilemna:

The allocation of organizational responsibility without commensurate authority, understanding and specific direction to execute upon those same duties within the framework of the desired goals.

In simpler terms, someone ordered the farrier to shoe a horse, but forgot to mention which horse in the barn needed shoes, how much they should charge, where the tools are located and what the protection, traction or performance goals were.

The engaged farrier threw up his hands in disgust, packed his toys and went home.

Am I close?
Yep. I'd say you are a good deal of the way down the right path.

Mark_Gough wrote:
Let's not do anything to chase that kind of talent off.
That is a hope that is shared by many. Only time will tell if the AFA will figure out how to avoid running off talent across the board.
Ronald E. Kramedjian, RJF

Visit the Guild of Professional Farriers, Inc. Website

"What is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular." Unknown

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RE:Whats up with the AFA? 01 Apr 2008 14:18 #122

• Mike Ferrara
  • Guru
  • Thank you received: 3
I'm not a member of the AFA...I was for a short time...but I have a question.

Does the AFA know what it really wants to do? I've read the mission statement (was it changed recently?)...but do they have short and long term goals and measureables by which they guage their progress and is anyone accountable?

What about past performance?

RE:Whats up with the AFA? 01 Apr 2008 16:16 #123

• beslagsmed
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 5
I was just on the AFA website and a thread has been started under "Officers and Directors". For all members I think this would be the place to discuss the AFA in house business, that's what the forums are for. Maybe you will find all the answers you want there.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)
What part of "NO" don't you understand!!

Caution: Watch for hoof in mouth disease!!!

RE:Whats up with the AFA? 01 Apr 2008 20:39 #124

• vthorseshoe
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 55
I haven't a clue what I did, but I finally was able to post on the AFA site.

Mikel is correct. There is a spot on the members only site where this can be continued, if it is carried over there.

my 2 cents
"you may not like what I say" !
-but-
"you'll never have any doubts where I stand
quote Cindy Matthews 1948-2006

I thought my life had come to a close with Cindy's passing, but there is life after death Thankyou Sharon !

Bruce Matthews
Southeast...

RE:Whats up with the AFA? 01 Apr 2008 21:25 #125

vthorseshoe wrote:
I haven't a clue what I did, but I finally was able to post on the AFA site.

Mikel is correct. There is a spot on the members only site where this can be continued, if it is carried over there.

my 2 cents

Good luck, been there done that a couple of years ago. Lack of participation, why I do not know.
Phil Armitage, CF
AFA member 7480

"Anyone who proposes to do good must not expect people to roll stones out of his way, but must accept his lot calmly if they even roll a few more upon it." Albert Schweitzer

RE:Whats up with the AFA? 02 Apr 2008 01:58 #126

• Derin Foor
  • Very Senior Member
vthorseshoe wrote:
How about,

Phil, Mikel, Eric, Jason, Steve, Ron, Gary, Derin

and ANYONE ELSE who has been emotionally involved in these discussions
tell us how you personally would correct, rectify, improve, or run the AFA from its present state of affairs ?

Lets change this from a negative post to something of value and content that someone could use perhaps...
Now it is time for some of you who have been strong on disagreeing with the AFA to say something constructve, and show us all just what YOU WOULD DO in the place of these other folks .......[/COLOR]

Derin

If you were in Andrew's position how would you do his job ???
What would be your vision for the future of the AFA ?? and how would you lead us to this vision ?

Bruce,

I wrote you a response a few days ago but apparently it is lost in cyberspace somewhere.

I don’t know that I am emotionally involved in what has transpired, although I am pretty certain it has the potential to affect me as a member. I don’t have nearly enough information to know what I would do differently to run the AFA. I suspect a lot of it is fine the way it is and there’s a lot that needs fixin’.

I re-read my earlier post and didn’t get the impression that I made negative comments, just asked for the truth to be put here for all to see, like the transparency we were promised not so long ago.

I personally get along with Andrew, Dick, Ron, Rick, etc. Apparently that isn’t the case amongst them. I think each one is interested in furthering the mission of the AFA and have offered my help to all of them on various occasions.

Again, sorry for the lateness of this post but hopefully this answers some of your questions.

Derin

RE:Whats up with the AFA? 02 Apr 2008 02:13 #127

• beslagsmed
  • Master
Phil Armitage wrote:
Good luck, been there done that a couple of years ago. Lack of participation, why I do not know.

Only the members can make it happen. Gary has started a good thread to get some answers.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)

RE:Whats up with the AFA? 02 Apr 2008 04:28 #128

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
  • Thank you received: 35
Jack Evers wrote:
Great post Mark - could you duplicate it in the AFA forums?

Thanks Jack. I certainly could duplicate my original post on the AFA forum but I'm not sure it would be welcomed. I've read the most recent discussion there on this topic. Dick Fanguy has read some of the posts here and has solicited specific questions about the recent changes within the AFA.

Although my post may be of minor interest to some, it represents my perceptions as a new member rather than specific questions about the current difficulties. As such, the timing may not be correct for a "new kid on the block" to waltz in with comments that could detract from the focus I'm sure currently occupies the AFA leadship team.

Specific questions have been posted on the forum by others and I'll wait patiently to see what information is made available to us.

Thanks again and best regards,

Mark

RE:Whats up with the AFA? 02 Apr 2008 04:45 #129

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
vthorseshoe wrote:
Mark;

If the organization is to advance then folks like you who have taken the extra time to sit and express yourself ARE NEEDED.
Farriers know Farriery. Some are good business men many are not.
But the organization has to advance with the territory around it or it will fade into obscurity.

Part-time shoer-past member of the dark halls of the corporate world. Frankly I don't care if you shoe 1 day a week and sell ice creme cones on the street corner.
There is no restricton on what makes you a shoer other than your own desire to LEARN a trade and PERFORM said trade with integrity and to the best of your ability, in my book.

One thing you bring to this board is a way of expressing yourself in a manner that is NOT offensive or aggressive to others.
Your intelligence in what you have spoken and suggested come through in a manner where only a complete ***** would be rude to you.

Mark if you were in my area I would gladly come over and work with you in your shop. We both could learn at the same time.

my 2 cents

Thanks for your kind words and thoughts Bruce. I do believe the AFA will survive this bump in the road. I'm sure the organization has had its share of troubles in the past.

If you ever find yourself passing thru southwest Ohio, drop me a line. I'm sure you've forgotten more about farriery than I'll ever learn and could easily help to improve some of my weak areas. In the meantime I'll continue to devote ever greater amounts of effort in study, practice and pursuing the best quality service I can provide for my customers and business.

Best Regards,
Mark

RE:Whats up with the AFA? 02 Apr 2008 16:38 #130

• beslagsmed
  • Master
Mark_Gough wrote:
Thanks Jack. I certainly could duplicate my original post on the AFA forum but I'm not sure it would be welcomed. I've read the most recent discussion there on this topic. Dick Fanguy has read some of the posts here and has solicited specific questions about the recent changes within the AFA.

Although my post may be of minor interest to some, it represents my perceptions as a new member rather than specific questions about the current difficulties. As such, the timing may not be correct for a "new kid on the block" to waltz in with comments that could detract from the focus I'm sure currently occupies the AFA leadship team.

Specific questions have been posted on the forum by others and I'll wait patiently to see what information is made available to us.

Thanks again and best regards,

Mark

Mark,
Why wouldn't it be welcome. Members should be heard and be able to say what's on their mind. Post it over there and see what happens. Perceptions as a new member maybe just what the AFA needs, some fresh eyes.
Mikel Dawson, RJF

(Denmark)

RE:Whats up with the AFA? 03 Apr 2008 04:47 #131

• Mark_Gough
  • Master
beslagsmed wrote:
Mark,
Why wouldn't it be welcome. Members should be heard and be able to say what's on their mind. Post it over there and see what happens. Perceptions as a new member maybe just what the AFA needs, some fresh eyes.

Hello Mikel. As I had explained earlier, I believe that the AFA leadership has their hands full with the current issues. Much of what I had posted in this thread represented more general observations, beyond the most immediate problems.

Since Dick Fanguy indicated on the AFA forum that he has already read thru this forums thread, he is familiar with any observations and recommendations described by myself and others. Steve Kraus started a new thread to solicit specific recommendations and indicated that he's already taken notes from previous discussions.

Dick made mention of the need for volunteerism within the organization. I considered how I might help and made a gesture in that regard via a private message.

I should mention that I do appreciate the difficult and stressful issues those members directly effected have tried to work through. Ron Kramedjian was generous enough to call me personally during business hours and invest his valuable time sharing his experiences and thoughts about the current problems.

To Ron and others who felt it best to withdraw from their positions, I can say that I am sure all members appreciate your contributions and efforts and will respect your personal decisions.

To those elected and appointed members who continue to serve, and those who may step forward in the future, I'm sure the general membership is grateful for your time, work and effort.

Bartered compensation in exchange for goods or services is something in which we all engage. It demonstrates at the most base level, the need to survive and the fortitude to achieve that survival.

Service in a volunteer capacity speaks of immeasureably greater spirit and should be recognized and honored for its selfless nature.

On that note, it's likely best that I take Phil's good counsel and divest more of my energies in front of the forge. Lord knows I have yet to ruin enough otherwise perfectly good shoes.

Best Regards,
Mark

Kunena Birthday Module

• frothies birthday is today
  • hatcher barry birthday is today
  • Felda5032 birthday is in 1 day
  • James L Duncan birthday is in 1 day
  • magicfingers birthday is in 1 day
  • Mike Chaffin birthday is in 364 days
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

S5 Box

Register

Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.